BA Sale

Tesco adds e-gift cards online – and you still earn 150 Clubcard points per £50

One of the longest running, and most generous, Tesco Clubcard promotions is ‘150 Clubcard points for spending £50 on gift cards’.

When you buy gift cards in Tesco – to the value of £50 or a multiple of £50 – you receive 150 points which converts into 360 Avios points or 375 Virgin Flying Club miles.

Tesco Gift Cards are excluded, not surprisingly, as are Tesco subsidiaries such as F+F.  xbox cards are also excluded.

We have covered 3V / pay.com in the past and I will be doing another piece on those soon.  Of the retailer gift cards, it is particularly worth mentioning Next.  If you buy from Next Directory and have an account, you can pay off your balance using Next gift cards, bought in Tesco.

Personally, I try to stock up on Pizza Express cards when I see them.  We spend a lot of money in there as a family and you can use gift cards alongside any other promotions they are running.

Gift cards

Gift cards now available online

Last year, Tesco opened an online gift card shop – see here.

This allowed you to buy some, but not all, of the physical plastic gift cards sold in-store for home delivery.  Unfortunately, the £2.95 postage fee and the £100 maximum order means it is not attractive as a cheap way of getting points.

New(ish) – e-gift cards now available

I’m not sure how new this is, but many gift cards are now available for immediately delivery by email.  This is fantastic for online shopping.  In most case, you can also print off e-gift cards for use in-store – check the website.

The following retailers are currently offering e-gift cards via the Tesco gift card website – click on ‘Digital Gift Cards’ in the left-hand menu:

• Aeria Games
  • Nintendo
  • Pizza Express
  • Spafinder Wellness
  • Ticketmaster
  • Treatme
  • Zizzi

Another benefit of e-gift cards is that they work for spontaneous purchases.   Hopefully, if you decide to head to Pizza Express for dinner tonight, you would be able to order a £50 e-gift card, receive it and print it off in time.

One free Sheraton weekend night for staying five Sheraton nights this Summer
Triple Avios when you credit Hyatt stays to British Airways this Summer

BA Sale

Comments

1. Malibu Stacey says:

It is not quite 4x face value when you exclude other discounts but is is an excellent use of clubcard points when dining with kids meals as the piccolo meals are never discounted.

A little tip. The Dolcetti – a mini desert with a tea or coffee – counts as ‘food’ so can be paid for with Tesco vouchers. This is a nice way to finish off a meal or you can just nip in for a cheap coffee and brownie anytime of the day.

2. Duncan S says:

Is this promotion available in store too? I’ve noticed the wide range of gift cards available, and my partner and I often go for a quick lunch at Nando’s who don’t offer a digital card.

The in-store POS has no mention of the 150 points offer, and the online offer doesn’t clearly state that it’s available in-store.

Any ideas?

• Joe Yates says:

Has worked instore for ages! Nando’s are only in £20 denominations, to get full value would buy multiples of 5, or 2 with a £10 starbucks or something

• mark2 says:

If you have a store handy you are sure of getting FuelSave, until end of August anyway. I have had 20p per litre off on almost every petrol purchase for last twelve months.
      Not sure if you get FuelSave if you buy from Tesco online.

• Jason says:

You can accumulate fuel save until the end of august and redeem until end of September 🙂

• Has been in store for the last 2 years! Has never been signed.

3. The_Real_A says:

Oh just be careful. The gift card portal is run by SVM the gift card consolidator, and is flaky as hell. They send the digital giftcard via email. I have used 5 different email addresses (5 separate platforms, work, personal, web etc) and i have only ever received the email on googlemail.

The email is NOT always instant. I have had to wait 12 hours before.

There is a max of 6 cards every 30 days.

Phone support is efficient however.

I would not trust the website to credit me 150 points – and i certainly would not trust very large orders

4. Milton says:

Robert… I have been to the website to look at the best way to use my points. I just am not confident I will get the best value …

As an expert what would you do if you had 360000 amax points and you wanted to use them towards a trip to the US in august with a total of 6 travellers? Any pointers would certainly be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

5. does anyone know the cut off for this quarter’s clubcard vouchers?

6. Bernard says:

If anyone is looking for giftcards
    I have some available I would like to sell to pay for my holiday
    Below are a list of the Gift cards with the % off that I am selling them at
    Fcuk 30% off
    Toys r us 25% off
    Morrisons 20% off
    Marks 10% off

I have a thousand pounds worth of fcuk giftcards and thousand pounds worth of toys r us
    My number is 07894545078

7. Help, am I missing something?
    I have tried buying some gift cards, but cannot find anywhere going through checkout to place my clubcard number?
    I have phoned the company and the girl on the phone went through the process and couldn’t find it either.
    Also how do you actually know what gift cards are actually included in this deal

• Anything listed under the ‘Digital Gift Cards’ tab is available for this deal. Click on any of the cards which appear on that menu page and you will see the option of ‘digital’ or ‘physical’, except where the card is called a ‘digital’ card – in that case, it is only available by email.

Not sure about the CC number ….

• mark2 says:

Right at the end when you are asked for the final confirmation there is box just above the ‘Place Order’ button where you enter your ClubCard number.

I did not buy anything.