Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

250 Clubcard points (600 Avios) and free Sky TV trial with a £20 NOW TV box

Tesco Direct has launched a new promotion on NOW TV boxes.

Until August 5th, you will receive 250 bonus Clubcard points when you purchase NOW TV, either in-store or online.  The link to buy online is here.

You will also receive your choice of three extra bonuses:

two months of Sky Movies for free

two day passes for Sky Sports for free

three months of selected Sky Entertainment channels for free

Now TV

A NOW TV box will allow you to stream BBC iPlayer, ITV Player, 4oD and Demand 5 to your TV via the box and the accompanying HDMI cable.  This is a wider range of terrestrial platforms than you get with an Amazon Fire Stick or a Google Chromecast.

However …. you cannot access Netflix or Amazon Instant Video.  The only ‘pay as you go’ options going forward are for Sky channels.  This means that it is best suited for someone who simply wants to see ‘catch up’ terrestrial channels or who would like Sky but cannot because their property is not able to support a dish or cable.

If this sounds like it may be for you, the bribe of 600 Avios points plus the free Sky trial means that you don’t have much at risk from your £20 investment!  You can find more details here.

Comments (34)

• David says:

As Nigel said there is a new box due: black, wired, enhanced hardware and performance to retail at £15 supposedly.

• Erico1875 says:

Sorry Raffles, artical is technically wrong re now box having more channels than Chromecast.
    Chromecast can Cast all Now TV services, Netflix, YouTube plus Film On live TV plus Spotify etc

• Boi says:

Slightly OT. We have full sky package in living room and TV with free view in bedroom. What’s best to increase what we can see in bedroom without paying sky multi room? The main TV is frequently on kids channels and I would love some more lifestyle channels apart from only those on free view.
    Thanks in advance

• Dan says:

Am I missing something here, but what is the point of devices like this, or Amazon TV stick, or CC or even Apple TV when if you have a Smart TV with all the apps on it, whats the point of one of these devices?

• Rob says:

No point at all, if your Smart TV has Amazon Prime, Netflix etc.

• Dan says:

But surely the likes of those HFP readers, are most likely to have smart TVs, so I’m not getting why lods of people here are buying these or similar devices?

• Rob says:

I don’t have a smart TV!

• Fenny says:

Not all smart tvs, or internet connected DVD players and the like have all the different apps. I have a smart tv, but recently, the Demand 5 app disappeared from for reasons of software upgrades.
          My telly doesn’t have Blinkbox or Netflix, but my DVD player does. Neither has NowTV, ITV.com or 4OD
          Now TV and Amazon Prime Fire Stick have all the terrestrial catch up services and other apps that my telly/DVD player doesn’t have.
          The telly in my room at my Mum’s house has only an external aerial, in a very poor reception area. The only way I can watch anything on it is through a Now TV box, cobbled into a set of component inputs via an HDMI converter.

• Alan says:

I don’t either – TBH my TV has become just a big screen given the analogue tuner now doesn’t do anything and I only rarely watch live TV. As others have mentioned these boxes are quite handy for turning an existing TV into a smart one (and thanks to the wonders of VPN they also work nicely in Oz too!)

• gary says:

Now TV has been great for me but how do i cancel my subscription? I signed up at http://www.gratisfaction.co.uk/freebies/free-1-month-movie-pass-with-voucher-code-at-now-tv/ and dont see where I can cancel. Any info is appreciated 🙂

By the way its a great way to watch the latest films and sports so well worth the 30 day trial atleast 🙂

• Sarah Murray says:

15% off Prezzo / Pizza Express / Pizza Hut gift cards at Tesco until 9 Aug!
    Presumably the 150 cc points bonus will also kick in…

• Rob says:

It will! However, history shows that you need to spend £50 AFTER the discount to get the points.

This is different to most Tesco offers where it bases the bonus on spending pre-discounts.