Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

500 Clubcard points (1200 Avios) with 79 different video game pre-orders!

Tesco Direct has launched a new promotion offering bonus Clubcard points when you pre-order certain upcoming video games.

There are 79 titles included in the offer when you include multiple formats!  FIFA 16, pictured below, is included.

You will receive 500 Clubcard points for every title you pre-order, which converts into 1,200 Avios or 1,250 Virgin Flying Club miles.  If you don’t want to use the points for airline miles, this page on our sister site Shopper Points shows the best value Tesco Clubcard Boost redemptions.

Fifa 16

Note that this offer is NOT available in-store, which means that we can’t repeat some of the great pre-ordering tricks of old …..!

You can see the full list of titles here.

Most are priced at £40 – £44 so, assuming that Tesco is pricing in line with Amazon etc, the Avios will mean a decent rebate on the price paid.

There isn’t enough margin here to justify buying the games to resell on eBay if you don’t want them for yourself.  The closing dates for the offer vary depending on the actual release date.

Comments (32)

• RT says:

Bugger and I had just ordered Black Ops 3 last week….

• Egg says:

also, you can use clubcard boost.
    I boosted £5 to be worth £10
    I get my £5 back in 500 clubcard points.
    So Fifa has worked out at £34 for me.. for those who value £10 more than 1200 miles, for a game they want!

• Tilly71 says:

Tesco Bank have launched the 5000 clubcard bonus point offer again if you take out life insurance backed by Aviva. Monthly min payments are £5.00 and 1250 pts paid out every quarter. Works out just over 1p a point and you get life insurance. Two policies allowed per household.

• cheekychappie says:

Lwt’s not confuse TCC points with Avios? Anyway, the maths are as follows:

12 x £5 = £60
      = 5000 TCC points
      = 12000 Avios
      therefore = 0.5p/ Avios
      life ins on top

• James says:

I wasnt very good at maths at school…so excuse me if I make myself look like a laughing stock..

But this explanation can be simplified to £60 = 12000 avios cant it?
        I must be getting this wrong.. but I cant see how!

• Rob says:

That’s how I see it! Article tomorrow.

• cheekychappie says:

Nobody laughs at bad maths, it’s taught appallingly by our crap teachers.

5000 Tesco clubcard points.

Converts @ 250 TCC points = 600 Avios.

Therefore 5000/ 250 = 20.

20 x 600 = 12000 Avios.

• cheekychappie says:

Or put it this way:

12000 Avios =

nearly 2 x flights @ 6500 on our European route out to the holiday place (+ fees)

ie £30-35 each ticket

• cheekychappie says:

Anybody remember the dates most of us started/ ended the last one?

The 5000 Clubcard points will be allocated as 1,250 points over 4 quarterly Clubcard statements.
    The first 1,250 points will be applied after three monthly premiums have been paid.
    Clubcard number must be provided during application.
    Maximum two offers per household. Not available to customers who have cancelled a policy within the last 12 months.
    Not to be used in conjunction with any other offer.
    If you cancel your policy or stop paying premiums, we will not apply any outstanding Clubcard points.
    The Clubcard must be in your name and the points will be added to future Clubcard statements.
    The Clubcard scheme is administered by Tesco Stores who are responsible for fulfilling points.

• cheekychappie says:

I reckon I’m in the clear, more than 12 months since I last cancelled.

Anybody got that 3000 points code for car insurance, pls?

My badass 4WD up for renewal.