Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Bits: Gatwick Sofitel £69 via lastminute.com, BA Gate 365 bonus Avios deal

Even more news in brief – it keeps coming in!

Sofitel Gatwick from £69 via lastminute.com Top Secret Hotels

On Tuesday I wrote about how the Sofitel Heathrow Terminal 5, attached to the terminal, is available as a lastminute.com Top Secret Hotel for under £100.

A reader got in touch to say that the Sofitel at Gatwick, attached to the North Terminal, is also available via this offer.

You need to visit the Top Secrets Hotels page at lastminute.com and search ‘gatwick’ for “Luxury Hotel at Gatwick Airport – North Terminal.  Walking distance and directly linked to Gatwick Airports North Terminal by a covered walkway.”  The price should be £89 or so.

When you’ve found it, use this code – 6167144261687469 – which was posted at Flyertalk and found on an obscure coupon site – to take a further £20 off.  This takes you down to £69.

The Heathrow property is reportedly very good at respecting your Le Club AccorHotels status even though you have booked through a third party.  I’m not sure if the same applies at Gatwick.

Gatwick Sofitel

16 Avios per £1 via Gate 365 at Selfridges

Reader Jonty dropped me a note to point out that Gate 365, the British Airways online shopping portal, is currently offering 16 Avios per £1 spent at Selfridges until 10th January.

This is interesting because selfridges.com sells a wide range of high end items, especially electricals, which you might have been thinking of buying elsewhere.

I was very annoyed to see that a £600 Ruark music system which I recenty bought in John Lewis (admittedly via Click & Collect to earn some Avios) is in there, for example.  That would have been 10,000 easy Avios.

Note that Apple products are excluded from earning Avios.

There are also Gate 365 promotions running with Argos, Banana Republic, Currys, Debenhams, Gap, Harrods, John Lewis, Joules, Laura Ashley, links, lookfantastic, The White Company and Uniqlo.

Comments (30)

• julie says:

Unfortunately Sofitel at Gatwick North not available for the 7th June

• Row says:

The code 6167144261687469 didn’t work for me. Said error when I typed it in

• David says:

Same error message for me too.

• Jj says:

Oh well that ends my debate, if it isnt an option. Have been debating whether even the £69 is worth it given I could have the Hampton for £32+12000pts inc breakfast and a potential upgrade for status, or the premier inn for £39! Sounds like the SOFITEL is worse for wear and doesn’t even have tea and coffee facilities, is that right?

• General Mayhem says:

I like the Sofitel gatwick. Always get a warm reception, there are tea and coffee making facilities in the room and the club lounge is excellent. But maybe the glasses are a bit rose tinted because I always associate staying there with flying somewhere pleasant.

• Rob says:

I’d do the Hampton if those are your options and you have the points, if only for the free breakfast.

• Rob says:

Was working late last night as I tested it. Just my luck if it expired overnight (would not be the first time however).

• Jj says:

Thanks, having missed the SOFITEL deal will probably go with the Hampton, just debating whether £32+12k pts is better than the £70 winter sale rate that would probably earn a few more hh points itself!

• dicksbits says:

Yeah I used the code 6167144261687469 twice since the new year and it worked – what a shame! I had found Sofitel at £96 for my night in March. £20 off would have made it most acceptable!
    If anyone else finds a last minute.com code PLS share! Thanks!

• Mark says:

‘Standard’ Sofitel best price is £90-ish now (with winter offers).

Also:- How often des the Sofitel Gatwick come up on Happy Mondays? That would be far better!