Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

New wine deal – 15 bottles and 1000 Avios for £52

The British Airways Wine Explorer club, run by Laithwaite’s, has launched a new deal.  And, in the absence of any good Tesco Wine deals this year, it is worth a look.

It is a pretty good package.  You receive:

A 12-bottle wine case, chosen from seven options

3 free bottles of rioja worth £36

1,000 Avios points (250 Avios points if you are an existing Laithwaite’s customer)

Free delivery

….. for a total cost of £52 to £58 depending on which package you choose.

Full details and the order form are here.

Wine Explorer

There is one snag you need to deal with.

By ordering, you are signing yourself up to Laithwaite’s Wine Plan.  Every 8-12 weeks they will automatically send you another 12-bottle wine case.  It is very easy to stop this happening – simply give Laithwaite’s a call to cancel your Wine Plan membership, there is no penalty – but you must trust yourself to remember.

The offer runs until 30th June.  Thanks to Harry.

Comments (13)

• Lee says:

Both my wife and I had this a month or so ago.

Very mediocre at best. Certainly wouldn’t reorder. However only did it for the avios.

• the real harry1 says:

depends on what you order!

there’s a slightly better choice of 12 cases if you got the personalised email offer (which is why I can’t give the link, check your inbox) – and Shiraz & Friends was a great case for the money a couple of months ago
      Taste of Australia – 12 bottles £58.68
      Australian Reds – 12 bottles £58.68
      Big Reds – 12 bottles £52.68
      Merlot and Friends – 12 bottles £52.68
      Pinot Grigio and Friends – 12 bottles £52.68
      Sauvignon Blanc and Friends – 12 bottles £52.68
      The Seasons Rosés – 12 bottles £52.68
      Seasons Favourites – 12 bottles £52.68
      The Seasons Reds – 12 bottles £52.68
      The Seasons Whites – 12 bottles £52.68
      Shiraz and Friends – 12 bottles £52.68
      Taste of Spain – 12 bottles £52.68

• GK says:

Yes, £100 for 30 bottles of wine and 2,000 Avios is what we did to stock up on everyday / cooking wine 🙂

• David says:

As the OH and I are still trying to get the missing 750 Avios from the last offer, I would not rely on the accuracy of the offer.

• Phil says:

OT but re the Hilton Honours Barclaycard Credit Card, do people think it’s likely the card will be rebranded now that there’s no more ‘hhonors’?

• genetic says:

The website is a complete disaster. I’d recommend calling. My order failed the “security check.” After 3 phone calls it was revealed that it failed because they did not have my date of birth. The website only has a check box to indicate that one is over 18, not to input one’s DOB.

• Rachael says:

And I have had problems as they have only given me 250 Avios points despite me being a new customer.

• the real harry1 says:

just message Laithwaites and they’ll sort it out for you