Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

BA launches Nashville – Avios seats now available – and adds other US flights

The rumours I reported on Sunday were correct.  British Airways announced a new route to Nashville in Tennessee yesterday.

The service will start in May 2018 and will, amazingly, be the only direct flight from anywhere in Europe to Nashville.

The flights will operate five days per week, with departures on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday.  It will be a Heathrow Terminal 5 service.

The aircraft will be a new Boeing 787-8.  This means that it will be a three-class flight with no First Class available (none of the British Airways 787-8 aircraft have First Class).

Nashville British Airways

These flights are already bookable, for cash or Avios, on ba.com.  British Airways has loaded the standard two Club World and four World Traveller seats for each flight, so if you are looking for US redemption flights for next Summer then you might want to jump in now.

Further Avios availability is likely to be added in time, but BA will want to wait to see how well the flights are selling.

And extra US flights added ….

British Airways also added two other services yesterday:

Philadelphia gains an additional three flights per week on top of the existing daily flight.  These will operate on Tuesday and Friday (from 27th March 2018) and Sunday (from 6th May 2018).

Phoenix gains an additional three flights per week on top of the existing daily flight.  These will operate on Monday, Friday and Sunday from 9th April 2018.

These flights are also available now at ba.com and have the standard initial Avios allocation showing.  Again, this is an opportunity to pick up flights to the US on dates when you might previously have given up trying to find Avios availability.

In one final announcement, the morning flight to Chicago will switch from a Boeing 747 to an Airbus A380 from 8th May.

Comments (92)

• Ammar says:

OT – I have this on my next IHG accelerate as one of the offers:

Spend on your IHG® Rewards Club Premium Credit Card
    Book and pay for one stay at any IHG hotel using your IHG® Rewards Club Premium Credit Card and earn 1,500 bonus points.

I dont have the black version of the IHG CC just the white one, will it still count?

• ankomonkey says:

OT: For Accelerate purposes, do you think I could get away with Turkey being in the Middle East, or more likely to be considered Europe?

• Briandt says:

Was just about to book an Avios Business one way back to London from Nashvile, but £388 charges are a bit annoying. I think I’ll go with Delta @ around $12 with a connection. (And I do appreciate that £388 is not bad, as such, for a Business seat…….and 75k Avios.)

• PauloG says:

O/T – apologies.
    Do I have to actually fly before my BA Amex companion voucher expiry date, or do I have to make a booking before (but can fly afterwards)?

• Michael Jennings says:

One of the targets I have is “2000 points to get an IHG credit card”. The terms and conditions include

This bonus points Offer is only available to first-time successful credit card applicants who take out the card between 29 May 2017 to 31 December 2017 and go on to make an initial purchase of any value (excluding balance transfers and cash withdrawals) between 1 September 2017 and 31 December 2017 (both dates inclusive). For the avoidance of doubt, there shall be only one award of 2,000 additional points per credit card account through the Accelerate promotion, regardless of the number of additional cardholders, and an initial purchase made outside of the specified dates will not attract the bonus points. This offer may be used in conjunction with the existing IHG® Rewards Club sign up bonus available for either card (10,000 points and Gold Elite status for the IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card, or 20,000 points and Platinum status available for the IHG® Rewards Club Premium Credit Card).

As it happens, I applied for (and was approved for) an IHG credit card last week, and of course I have only seen the offer now. I guess I will get the extra points, given that I certainly applied after May 29. I don’t have the card yet, although my IHG account has been upgraded to Gold status. I guess I should leave off making the first purchase until September 1.

• Graeme says:

I received 2000 points back in early May after taking out this card (above and beyond the 20k bonus for the normal card ) – it was not one of my accelerate targets. It was listed as ‘Get the IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card’ on my IHG account. So I wonder if this is a matter of course regardless and would be confident you’d get the point, if it tracks as part of your accelerate is another matter…