Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

50% bonus on Heathrow Rewards transfers to Avios – sign-up promo now worth 4,500 Avios

Heathrow Rewards, the loyalty scheme for shopping at Heathrow, will today launch a 50% bonus on transfers to Avios.

Heathrow Rewards gives you 1 point for every £1 spent in Heathrow (1 per £10 on foreign exchange) or on Heathrow Express tickets (online bookings only). Once you’ve earned 250 points you can exchange them for miles or shopping vouchers.

The offer should be clearly flagged on the Avios page of the Heathrow Rewards site when you log in.  If it isn’t showing, wait a couple of hours as it may not yet be live.

This offer ONLY applies to Avios and does not apply to:

Emirates Skywards

Virgin Flying Club

Etihad Guest

Lufthansa Miles & More

…… although there is an existing 50% transfer bonus to Lufthansa which is still running for another week.

The bonus applies to all transfers to any of the Avios schemes (AerClub, British Airways Executive Club, avios.com) made before 30th September.

The minimum transfer is 250 Heathrow Rewards points which, with the bonus, will get you 375 Avios.  The main alternative to taking miles is waiting until you have 500 points and exchanging them for a £5 Heathrow shopping voucher.

Do NOT convert Emirates Skywards or Lufthansa Miles & More miles into Heathrow Rewards in order to send them on to Avios, as that isn’t possible.  Transfers into Heathrow Rewards from Emirates and Lufthansa can only be used for shopping vouchers.

Heathrow Rewards

This is why the deal is especially interesting:

You can currently earn 3,000 Heathrow Rewards points by opening an account and spending £150 in one day.

This is a very generous offer – as good as it has ever got with Heathrow Rewards.

You can combine these two deals as long as you do your qualifying spend this month.

Open a Heathrow Rewards account, spend £150 in a day and you will receive your 3,000 points.  Convert these to Avios before 30th September and you will receive 4,500 points!

The link to the 3,000 point sign-up offer is on the avios.com website here.

Comments (67)

• Down The back says:

Can you shop online and collect Heathrow Rewards or do you physically need to be in the airport ?

Thanks

DTB

• Roger says:

Assume spend is cumulative i.e.
    Not in a single transaction.

• Chris says:

Can you collect HR points in landside shops? e.g. buying gift cards from a WH Smith before security?

• Jack Taylor says:

Is 50% from Heathrow Rewards generally seen as a good deal? If so count me in!

• Nishant Tharani says:

OT, apologies – just got the lloyds avios rewards cards in the mail. is there anything I need to do to link my avios account to the cards or is that automatic/happens later? I activated them and had a look around both the lloyds/avios websites but can’t seem to find an option to link. thanks!

• Rob Brown says:

They will link to your Avios account as long as your name and address is the same on both accounts – if not then unfortunately they will create a new account and you will need to call them to get the accounts linked together. – You won’t know until your points don’t turn up!!

• Darren says:

It took a few weeks and a number of phone calls to get/link the two for me. The process is still ongoing for me but will hopefully be resolved soon.

• Tom says:

I’ve had an email from Heathrow Rewards offering me 500 points if I refer a friend and they spend £50. Just a shame I’m not traveling through Heathrow until December.

• New Card says:

I checked my account and this showed up for me too under “offers”.
      It may be that the referral offer is open to all instead of being targetted.

• Paul says:

I have 3000 Skywards that are due to expire next week. Is there anything you can recommend doing with them other than donating them to one of Emirates’ selected charities?

• Alexey says:

RE : “earn 3,000 Heathrow Rewards points by opening an account ”

is there special code / sign up link for that , or any registrations on their page are counted ?

• Will says:

The link is in the article.

If you look at the url when you click on Join Heathrow Rewards it says Promotion Code = AVIOSAO17