Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

9+ British Airways Club World business class seats to Orlando opened for Avios

If your kids have been badgering you for a trip to Disney, this could be your chance.

A huge amount of Avios reward availability to Orlando has opened up.  On some days, for example 21st August, I can see 9+ seats in Club World.

Book Avios flights to Disney

There are now two flights per day from Gatwick to Orlando on many dates, leaving within two hours of each other, which seems to be the reason. I don’t know if this has always been the case or if there is a new service slotted in to use the new ex-Monarch landing slots.

A quick look at baredemptionfinder shows at least 5 Club World seats bookable with Avios on most day in May, June, late August and September.  You will still struggle for July and early to mid August however.

Comments (75)

• Yup says:

Wrong castle. This is the Paris one.

• PGW says:

I’ve been a very regular visitor to Florida for over 20 years now and have established 3 hard rules from my experience. Firstly, never visit when the weather is dreadful in July and August. Secondly, Orlando is a 1 time destination and, lastly, avoid the BA sub par ex LGW planes at all times.

There are some great bargains to be ex DUB on superior carriers without spending ridiculous amounts in redemptions charges with BAEC.

• James says:

“If your kids have been badgering you for a trip to Disney” give them a slap and remind them how lucky they are to have any kind of childhood, many kids around the world don’t.

• Alan says:

Surely physical abuse is seriously frowned upon these days?

I’m sure it would be better to put them on the naughty step and remind them about how fortunate they are not to be born in a 3rd world country

Or, you could just got to Florida and have fun.

• Paul says:

Late August is a good time to go to Disney World. The US school head back mid August and the parks start to quieten down a little. If you purchase tickets such as Disney My Way or Ultimate, you can plan your day a little by prebooking your fast passes up to 60 days in advance

• Neil says:

Only 60 days if you stay on-site, otherwise it’s 30 days. A single night’s stay will get you 60 days, however.

• Sussex Bantam says:

I’d echo this – last two weeks in August are much quieter and probably he best time to go if you have kids of a school age and don’t want to bunk them out of school

• JP says:

I agree too, we went in late August last year and the attractions were quiet. It was Brits everywhere in shopping centres, attractions etc, but not enough to make it busy.

Weather was mostly very good (too hot really as 100F+ on some days), there were a couple of days of downpours but we timed those on the days we were doing long drives.

• Michael C says:

Grr…still nothing the week BEFORE half term in Oct…sneaky snorkels!

• Jon says:

Not sure where the best place to pose this question is… so sorry if I’ve got it wrong!

There are some great priced business class saver flights from Helsinki through Doha to Kathmandu which I’d like purchase, but I wonder if I can discount them further using Avios… BA’s website does not have the discounted price so I cannot book through there, and I can’t see a way of discounting with BA points on Qatar’s website… is this going to be possible?