9+ Club World Orlando seats opened for Avios on many Summer dates

If your kids have been badgering you for a trip to Disney, this could be your chance.

A huge amount of Avios reward availability to Orlando has opened up.  On some days, for example 21st August, I can see 9+ seats in Club World.

Book Avios flights to Disney

There are now two flights per day from Gatwick to Orlando on many dates, leaving within two hours of each other, which seems to be the reason. I don’t know if this has always been the case or if there is a new service slotted in to use the new ex-Monarch landing slots.

A quick look at baredemptionfinder shows at least 5 Club World seats bookable with Avios on most day in May, June, late August and September.  You will still struggle for July and early to mid August however.

Earn 2,000 Virgin miles PER NIGHT with Red Carnation Hotels (but partnership ends 13th April)
World in shock as BA's improved economy food turn out to be quite good

Comments

1. This is presumably very useful for some, but hell will freeze over before I ever take my kids to see the mouse 🙂

• Chris R says:

Plenty to do in Florida without going to Disney. The gulf coast beaches are awesome !
      Booked for Miami in June, third year in a row to Florida………

• We are just about to take a 3 week trip to Florida and we are not doing anything Disney and our schedule is packed

• Sussex Bantam says:

What’s on your agenda ? We’ve previously been very Disney focused but with the kids getting older might branch out a bit more this trip..

• I echo the comments above, been to FL more than a dozen times, Universal is better than Disney, but only went to parks the first few times. Suggest a villa & a car to explore Space Coast (Daytona/Cocoa) Gulf Coast (Naples, St Pete Beach), Nature Coast (Crystal River), Key West, etc, etc

If you are lucky enough to be child free, I’d also recommend go in Nov or March, relatively quiet, dry & nice temps & great time of year to get away from wintry UK.

• Lucky kids

• +1

• I’m taking mine for their 7th trip this year (in late August – which incidentally is a great time to go as it’s less busy).

For a wholesome, fun family holiday there is nowhere better. Every kid dreams of going to Disney World. How about trying it?

• Reading it back what I wrote is ambiguous.

Not their 7th trip in this single year, for their 7th trip ever!

2. Sussex Bantam says:

Lots of availability going out – not much coming home unfortunately !

• RussellH says:

Leave the kids behind???
      🙂

• Lady London says:

Tampa is practically next door and One-Way car rentals within Florida don’t attract any more car rental cost for that. So you could pick up at Orlando and drive to another airport (must be within same Florida state) drop the car at no extra charge for your return. IIRC back via NY in worst case from somewhere like Sarasota or Fort Myers? or even Fort Lauderdale? Miami?

• Sussex Bantam says:

Yep – I’m doing exactly that.

All 4 of us out from LGW to MCO but on the way home 2 of us back from MCO and 2 back from TPA. Would prefer us all to be on the same flight home but it really doesn’t matter – everyone is always so exhausted they just sleep anyway !

• The other advantage for Tampa is that there are only a handful of international flights so immigration queues are nonexistent

3. The two flights have been scheduled for some time and the late August availability has also been good for a while.

As noted however getting home is a pita and with keen pricing on revenue flights, especially for those without status and wanting to reserve seats, redemptions to MCO aren’t exactly compelling and even the 241 voucher barely tips the scale…

• Sussex Bantam says:

I agree – flying out late August is always quite easy getting back is next to impossible. I’m presuming this is because as a “kids” destination most of us are trying to get back before the start of the next school year.

Not sure I agree with the last part of your statement though – this is a key use of my 241 voucher. The flights we have reserved (out 11 Aug back 31 Aug) on Avios currently have a revenue price of £3800…

You can make it cheaper by not flying direct or going ex-EU of course but flying direct has a real value with two young kids.

• Try Altlanta instead. There is loads of availability in August on the inbound flight.

Atlanta is a 1 hour flight from Tampa (quieter than Orlando) with Delta. A few years back we paid about $120 including luggage booked 8 months in advance. The BA flight from Atlanta is in the evening (though checkin opens at 4pm) so I would get a late one as The Club (the BA lounge) is small

4. OT

I’m looking to use some Avios to fly flybe from Toulouse to Manchester early Sept (i’ve booked outbound at good cash rate). online shows no availability. The Avios call handler said they do not show reward flight for flybe until the 6 months out. I cant find a single reward flybe seat on the avios site between now and then. in fact reward flight UKEU seem to be very rare, theres lots intra UK. Some routes in the UK show reward flights in over 6 months time.

Can anyone advise or offer an insight?

5. dont go to Small World (or whatever its called), i so wanted to jump out the boat and escape.

• Sussex Bantam says:

Thanks – the song is now in my head for the rest of the day.

“Its a small small word that we’re living in….”

• Thanks for reminding me..had to go round 5 times w my youngest..my poor oh was nearly hauled off by the men in white coats listening to it in a near by cafe! But l must say am humming it now..actually l thought it was quite cute.ha

• Wife and daughter always go on this ride. I usually wait out front!

Apart from that ride I love Disney World, can’t wait to go back (actually, I’ve got to wait as we aren’t going until 2019)

• Sussex Bantam says:

Ooo – for the opening of Star Wars World….I’m guessing it will be even busier than normal !

• I know. My daughter was thinking about trying to hold off until 2021 for the 50th anniversary. Now, that would be busy!

6. OT – can the 241 voucher from BAPP card be used by someone who isn’t the cardholder? I expect to meet the target but a relative has far more Avios and could put the voucher to better use.

7. A bit off topic but as I’m travelling from GW for the first time in years tomorrow, are there any alternatives to the BA lounges at the South terminal? I’m a BA Gold Exec member. I’ll go and check out the BA lounges as I know they’re quite new but wanted to know if there was anything else…

8. Lady London says:

Priority Pass gives you £15, IIRC, at The Granary Restaurant. There is a No. 1 lounge but reports of the BA Lounge at South Terminal indicate it’s better.

• Great- thanks!

• +1 for the restaurant. It’s called the Grain Store. Immediately after security, before the escalators down, look for a passage on your left signed for the lounges and disabled access to departures. Spits you out next to the Grain Store.

9. Quark999 says:

Wrong castle!

10. Two flights a day is normal. I’m off to MCO at Easter – the wife decided we should go in October and I figured there’d be no chance of seats but to my surprise there were plenty. I managed to miss out on Easter Sunday seats but we’re off on the Monday (but having to come back via NYC). I can only assume they produced a similar flush of availability for Easter and my timing was lucky.

11. Quark999 says:

Geez – just noticed that the little preview image has another castle, and it’s not the right either – they’re not interchangable you know! 🙂

• I wrote this article on an iPad in a cafe. This meant that, due to lack of mouse, it was impossible to upload and crop an image in the usual way. Luckily we had a Disneyland Paris picture in the system already!

12. With flights at £1000 pp in the school holidays I think this is a great chance to use avios. If only they would reinstate the connecting flight from MAN!

13. I have two seats from Orlando to Amsterdam in May with Virgin (Delta mental) for 50,000 VS points plus £4 in taxes. Wide open availability over the phone if anyone needs a plan B for summer 2018

• Is this booked through Virgin flying club?

• That’s a great spot. Would be much better than driving to LGW as well as we can get KLM from Bristol.

Is there any way to see availability of reward seats on these flights online?

• If you go on the Delta website you can see the availability and cost. I guess that as I have VS miles not Delta Skymiles then I would need to book via Virgin phone. Interestingly, it appears that if you book 2 singles the charges are lower than booking a return (at least, if using Delta Skymiles via their site)

14. Gone are the value days of avios on BA. £2500 of tax and 600k~ avios or £1971 on BA/VS direct in Y admittedly.

15. The picture is the Disneyland Paris castle – not the one in Orlando 😉