Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

News: Big Avios / Kaligo promo tomorrow, the bizarre Priority Pass vending machine at City

News in brief:

Exclusive Head for Points / Kaligo.com Avios offer starts tomorrow

If you are looking to make some hotel bookings at the moment, I strongly recommend waiting until tomorrow.  We will be launching an EXCLUSIVE Avios promotion in association with hotel booking site Kaligo.com.

You will be able to earn up to 10,000 bonus Avios on your forthcoming stays.

Visit HFP tomorrow to find out the full details.

London City has a Priority Pass vending machine …. but no lounge

Reader Tony sent me the photo below of a Priority Pass vending machine!

Yes, it is odd.  Is there really a market for a machine vending £69 – £233 Priority Pass airport lounge membership cards?

What is really bizarre is where he found this machine.

London City Airport.

The airport with no lounge unless you pay to use the lounge in the Private Jet Centre next door which we reviewed here.  And it isn’t in Priority Pass anyway!  There could be a few confused / annoyed Priority Pass customers out there.

Comments (60)

• KevMc says:

O/T – Mandarin Oriental have finally launched their own loyalty program, and called it ‘Fans of MO’

You can sign up using the link, below:

The benefits seem to be quite decent, and presumably they are trying to get more people to book direct rather than through FHS, Amex etc.

You get complimentary wifi, a welcome amenity, as well as:

FANS WHO BOOK ONLINE MAY SELECT TWO ADDITIONAL PRIVILEGES SUCH AS:
    Early Check-in
    Start your stay a little earlier, from 12pm.

Late Check-out
    Stay a little longer. We would be more than delighted to extend your stay with us until 4pm.

Daily Breakfast
    We want to give you the best start to each day, therefore breakfast is on us.

Dining or Spa Credit
    Indulge yourself with a credit towards a relaxing spa treatment or an innovative dining experience.

Room Upgrade
    When you visit, we’ll do our very best to give you the best.

Streaming WiFi
    Download, play games and stream as much as you wish.

Celebratory Treat
    Let us help you make your celebration memorable.

Pressing Services
    We’ll make sure you look sharp, with complimentary pressing or laundering of your favourite item.

• David says:

OT – BA LGW Lounge. I may well have missed this somewhere along the line, but when did the champagne become serve yourself? I’m here now and the member of staff looked at me in horror when I asked for some, not realising it was there for the taking!

• Stu N says:

Months ago, bottles sitting in the coolers with the white wine. It’s an anomoly in the lounge network as everywhere else you have to ask for it.

• BlueHorizonUK says:

OT – Amex Platinum benefits.

Trying to sign up my partner to the platinum benefits (SPG etc) but for the life of me I cant see where I can do this. When I log into the site and choose enrolment it only gives the option for me and not the additional cardholder. If I log in as the additional cardholder it defaults back to me again.

Using Safari on Mac if this makes any difference.

• Rob says:

They’ve changed the system to make it more stupid. Your partner now needs to create their own Amex account for their supp card. Once this is done they can log in at americanexpress.co.uk/platinum and order their supp cards.

• Mark1980 says:

OT but my father-in-law is still stuck on the tarmac at Manchester Airport when he should have taken off for a flight to Spain this morning. Will he be eligible for EU261 or does this count as an extraordinary event? Thanks.

• Steve says:

Does anyone know how (or if I can) book a reward/Avios flight to arrive and depart from two distinct US cities/locations?

It’s possible that I am being thick but I can’t see that this is doable via ba.com or Avios……

Thanks

• Rob says:

You need to call. You could book it as 2 x one ways but the taxes (when flying to NA) cost more than a return.

• @mkcol says:

OT: The Mothership was due to fly with DY today EDI-OSL. Despite the airport being open the flight was cancelled. The aircraft was due in from New York Stewart, but that rotation yesterday & overnight last night was cancelled.
    Can DY deny EU261 compo?
    Does anyone know where on their site to claim it, as it’s not overly clear when I’ve had a poke around.

• Rob says:

I doubt it would be tough to blame it on the weather. Even if the airport was open flow would have been reduced I assume.