BA

Book the 5-star Sofitel at Heathrow Terminal 5 for £100 or less as a ‘Top Secret’ hotel

Lastminute.com is currently offering £7 off hotels, including its ‘Top Secret’ list of unnamed London hotels.  This allows you to book the Sofitel London Heathrow Terminal 5 at a very attractive price.

The link to access the deals is here.

You cannot link directly to ‘Top Secret’ pages for individual hotels.  You should search for properties at Heathrow and look for the one described as:

Luxury Hotel offering unforgettable stays at Heathrow

With ease of access to the airport, whilst having great links to central London. You will be impressed by the modern, elegant bedrooms ….

You need to trust us that this is the Sofitel!

Sofitel Terminal 5 Heathrow

The price is generally around £115 or less.  This code – 1045933342396685 – gets you a further £7 off any Lastminute.com hotel booking until 30th June, as long as you spend £100.  Saturday 12th May is £103, for example, which would come down to £96 with the code.

Given that the hotel often charges over £200 per night, this is a good deal.  The Sofitel is very well regarded and obviously only as old as T5 itself.  Most importantly, it is connected directly to the terminal.

When you remember that taking the dedicated Hotel Hoppa bus to any other hotel at Heathrow will cost £5 per person each way, and that no other hotel at Heathrow is anywhere near as nice, it is a no-brainer if you are flying out of Terminal 5.

Even better, the hotel has historically recognised Le Club AccorHotels status benefits for guests who stay on the Lastminute.com Top Secret Hotels rate, although this should not be taken for granted and I haven’t had any feedback recently.  You won’t earn points though.

Bits: Zipcar Flex opens at Terminal 5 - drive for £17, Flybe sale launches (EDIT: now Thu), BA's A320neo is here
ALL GONE: Book £55 rooms at the five star Hilton Park Lane in London!

BA
IHG
BA

Comments

1. Hi Rob – sitting in Gardens by the Bay having a coffee I thought I would just check my email. Immediately booked my hotel for end of June using last minute. Identical (apart from being able to cancel) to the booking I had made at the Sofitel via booking.com which would have cost me about £170. Cancelled it for no charge and now have a booking confirmed – same dates, same room type but for just under £92 ! Such a good price the discount code was not valid ! Thanks Rob – I owe you a drink !

2. ( Singapore )

3. Waribai says:

I must admit Rob that I did wonder where that was in the Sofitel. I am guessing it is on the ground behind the lifts furthest away from the Millesime lounge?

4. You used to be able to do something similar on the “Name Your Price” page of Priceline.com but I haven’t used it for a while.

5. Just a reminder that if you book the car park at the Hilton T5 on the NCP website you get free Hoppa tickets for each passenger. You don’t have to stay at the hotel but you collect the tickets from reception, I used it and stayed at the HI to hit a final accelerate target. The HI is only a short walk from the Hilton.

• Nick M says:

Semi-related… I was looking at the T5 Hilton last night, does anybody have recent experience of Hilton’s best rate guarantee? (There was quite a substantial difference, but fur on a non-refundable rate)

• ankomonkey says:

But if they mess up and give you too few tickets, be prepared for a long, hard fight with NCP customer services to get refunded for your cash tickets. We got given incorrect info by Hoppa bus drivers and NCP CS were completely incompetent. It was like everyone I dealt with had joined the company that day from the Job Centre and had received no training.

• Never knew that, and only find out about booking the car park after booking some rooms on points and asking for a parking package at reception.
      Handy to know about the Hoppa 😉

• Thanks for the tip.
      If you pay with points (26,000) it makes it a cheap Park & Fly – £56 for 10 days.

• the_real_a says:

I have used T5 NCP at the hilton extensively and found it great value especially on weekend rates.

There is a “hut” near the control barrier that doubles as customer service, despite being in London they were very helpful a couple of times i screwed up my dates (let me off free)

There is also some T&C that states the parking cost must be greater than the value of the Hoppa passes, so 4 people on a two day parking only results in 2 passes – the Hilton concierge just found some additional vouchers each time i had this issue.

If you register with NCP they will often have a monthly 20% off voucher that can be used for T5

• I’ve never stayed at a heathrow hotel that a normal TFL bus didnt go to, and since they are free around heathrow I use those. With Citymapper or Google maps navigation apps the best one is easy to find.

6. Cheshire Pete says:

Also don’t forget there are free tfl buses out to Bath Road. You don’t have to pay the £4.50! Even from T5 if a 423 isn’t due hop on the Free tube to T123 and there’s a bus every few minutes.

• the_real_a says:

Another tip is to use google maps, hover over the bus stops to find when the next buses are due! Great if you are unfamiliar with the bus routes…

7. Cheshire Pete says:

Is Accor status recognised via last minute? Also what about the Accor lowest price guarantee, or does the “secret” deal prevent a match?

• Status is mentioned in the last paragraph of the article.

• Cheshire Pete says:

Oh yes missed that thanks! Yeah I’m currently collecting status points so should be Platinum again by end May so wouldn’t suit me. I’m mainly staying new Novotel T123 at moment. Think might be their longest staying customer since it opened in Feb! Did stay at Sofitel over Easter as with their 35% off and lower rates booking directly worked out around £120 so not too bad anyhow.

• That is why are secret deals ….

8. The Original Nick says:

I’m struggling to find this for Tuesday 8th May.

9. Much appreciated! Have paired this with the £55 room we picked up at the Hilton Park Lane yesterday for a very cheap weekend in London 🙂

10. Last time I did this (a few years ago) we got there, lastminute.com confirmation printouts in hand, and they had no record of our booking. Luckily the hotel wasn’t fully booked.

It was a perfectly okay room when we finally got it.

11. Yes, I think this tends to be an ongoing thing, dependent on room availability. Rob posted about in January 2016, since when the headline price seems to have dropped slightly.

You obviously can’t combine the “secret” rate with a parking package. Although I have booked such a package previously it’s likely that you’ll pay a premium (just as you will if you book the short stay for an extended period), though the extent of the premium will vary. E.g. I was looking for a week in June – 1 night at the secret rate = £96, 1 night and 8 day parking package = £301 so over £200 for 8 days parking in that instance.

However, knowing that the hotel is linked to the terminal makes it relatively convenient to combine a night with long-stay parking – in my case £55 for 8 days booked in the official T5 long stay via goodtogo parking.

12. It is also worth looking on Holiday Extras who have a ‘Mystery Hotel’ with the same description as Sofitel. The walk to T5 is very worthwhile. Does it go straight to First Wing?

• The First Wing is at the opposite end of the terminal. The walkway into the terminal is about 200m, about another 300m down to the First check-in desks. All-in-all you’re probably looking at around a half mile walk to get from the hotel reception to the First lounge.

13. Volker says:

@barnaby100
    “They honoured our status last week and gave lounge access – I didnt even ask – they had already recognised us somehow in their system.”

My status was recognised in March, too, but I was told I had been “a naughty boy” for booking through a 3rd party website… 🙂 The lady explained that their system had identified me by name, address and postcode. The stay, however, does not appear on the Accor website in my booking history (eg as “ineligible” or “not qualifying”). I had asked for my membership number to be added to the booking, but the receptionist said she couldn’t do that.

14. Serena Wilson says:

I’ve looked for the last couple of days for the Sofitel deal but suspect that this has been withdrawn from Holiday Extras and Lastminute. Does anyone have any more intel?