ba.com has a range of wine, beer, champagne and spirits redemptions available, if you have more Avios than you can realistically use for flights.
At the high end, you can redeem 134,800 Avios for six bottles of Dom Perignon champagne. If you are really pushing the boat out, 29,800 Avios will get you a bottle of Louis Roederer Cristal.
That said, I thought a more interesting one was spending 24,000 Avios for a pack of three different NV champagnes – Bollinger, Veuve Clicquot and Laurent Perrier.
Whilst prices for these brands move around a lot, you seem to be getting around 0.55p per Avios.
This isn’t great. I would want to be getting double that for a flight redemption if possible.
However, at the moment, there is a special offer.
Via this page, ba.com is offering a 20% discount on various wine packages. Here is what you can get:
- Big Red Dozen (was 18,100 Avios / now 14,400 Avios)
- Celebration Dozen (was 19,600 Avios / now 15,600 Avios)
- Prosecco Dozen (was 22,300 Avios / now 17,800 Avios)
- Deluxe Mix Dozen (was 18,200 Avios / now 14,500 Avios)
- New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc Dozen (was 22,700 Avios / now 18,100 Avios)
- Everyday Mix Six (was 9,000 Avios / now 7,200 Avios)
- Deluxe Mix Six (was 10,000 Avios / now 8,000 Avios )
- Prosecco Six (was 11,900 Avios / now 9,500 Avios)
- Everyday Red Six (was 9,300 Avios / now 7,400 Avios)
- Everyday White Six (was 9,000 Avios / now 7,200 Avios)
All orders are fulfilled by Laithwaites. Prices include delivery.
Even with a 20% discount on the usual number of Avios required, this is not going to be a great value redemption. However, if you have an Avios account – perhaps with a family member – with a small balance then this is a decent way of using it up.
The 20% discount applies to orders placed by 28th June. The page to order is here.
How to earn Avios from UK credit cards (August 2021)
As a reminder, there are various ways of earning Avios from UK credit cards. Many cards also have generous sign-up bonuses!
There are two official British Airways American Express cards:
You can also get generous sign-up bonuses by applying for American Express cards which earn Membership Rewards points, such as:
We also recommend Capital On Tap for limited companies. You earn 1 Avios per £1 which is impressive for a Visa card:
Click here to read our detailed summary of all UK credit cards which earn Avios. This includes both personal and small business cards.
(Want to earn more Avios? Click here to visit our home page for our latest articles on earning and spending your Avios points and click here to see how to earn more Avios this month from offers and promotions.)