Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Get a 25% bonus when you transfer HSBC Premier credit card points to Avios

HSBC Premier has launched a (targeted?) 25% bonus on points transfers to Avios.

This is a little surprising, since in October 2016 they said that they were ending their annual 50% bonus promotion and – in 2017 – followed through.  Now it is back, albeit at a lower level.

HSBC Premier Mastercard Avios transfer bonus

You will see a notification when you log in to your card account and the terms and conditions are on the HSBC website.

The 25% bonus applies to all transfers of HSBC Premier credit card points to British Airways Executive Club before 31st August.  Note that the bonus element may take up to 14 days to arrive.

Comments (96)

• Stu N says:

OT – had a refund onto my BA Amex just after the monthly Avios sweep so I now have negative Avios balance. Not using the card at the moment so it’s likely to stay that way for a while. Any idea what happens next month end?

• Paul says:

Nothing. The negative balance just carries forward until you clear it

• Stu N says:

Thanks. Didn’t really want Avios clawed back from BAEC but fine with clearing debit in Amex world.

• Relaxo says:

OT : gonna try order my marriott travel package this wknd. Any advice on which number would be best to call? the 1-800 number listed on the travel package webpage or UK reservations centre? TIA

• Peter K says:

Definitely Uk. The USA line are awful!

• ankomonkey says:

I used a UK number starting 008 and ended up with what I think is their Irish call centre. Agent processed my package in about 2 minutes. Floater/unattached hotel cert in my account immediately, miles in VS account in less than 24 hours. Very easy.

• Dmitri says:

Unfortunately the offer does not show in mine HSBC premier either. Not even when I go to “redeem points” for Airline Miles. Are you sure the offer is not targeted but for everyone who has Premier?

• Anna says:

OT – if anyone needs last minute flights within the US, AA seems to have loaded up some availability, I have just booked 3 x business class MIA – BOS for the princely sum of 60,000 avios plus £12.90 in tax! The cash price is £1551.

• Tracy says:

O/T is combine my avios down? Tried yesterday and today from Avios site and keep getting error message “combine my avios is currently unavailable”

• JPV says:

OT: I am taking a United flight from London to Chicago on Saturday. It was booked though a company that’s paying for the trip. I can see my assigned seat in the online system, but if I try to change it I see the message “You cannot select a seat for this type of reservation.”.

Any workarounds to change my assigned seat? I have been assigned a very, very poor seat.

Thanks!

• Anna says:

I don’t know about United but AA now assign your seats when you’re booking an economy ticket and you don’t seem to be able to change them. We booked early and relatively cheap so maybe they like to make sure those who pay the least get the worst seats? Our seats are also rubbish, right at the back!

• Nick says:

Does the 25% Premier offer apply to the World Elite card too? I just spoke to HSBC Premier as there was no note about it on the redemption page of the website and they didn’t know anything about it!

• Mike says:

• Rob says:

I just had a standard cardholder email me asking if it was just for WE! No logic it seems.

• Nick says:

This is turning out to be quite a confusing offer! The HSBC help desk don’t seem to know about the 25% promo. This is the live chat message I had: ‘Right I can see that it says 25% and twitter says 30%. Please call our premier department to confirm this we have not been given any update on this. Can I give you a number to ring please?’

• Mike says:

I logged in about 5 times to try and get a popup for the HSBC offer – I didn’t, but I did get a small advert about the bonus at the bottom left of my account page. So it may not be targeted, just badly advertised.