Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Get a 25% bonus when you transfer HSBC Premier credit card points to Avios

HSBC Premier has launched a (targeted?) 25% bonus on points transfers to Avios.

This is a little surprising, since in October 2016 they said that they were ending their annual 50% bonus promotion and – in 2017 – followed through.  Now it is back, albeit at a lower level.

HSBC Premier Mastercard Avios transfer bonus

You will see a notification when you log in to your card account and the terms and conditions are on the HSBC website.

The 25% bonus applies to all transfers of HSBC Premier credit card points to British Airways Executive Club before 31st August.  Note that the bonus element may take up to 14 days to arrive.

Comments (96)

• Mandy Hucker says:

HSBC have a ‘technical hitch’ ! on transferring the points to Avios. You have to call 03457707070 and arrange for them to do it manually. They will do mine by Monday !

• BA-flyer says:

Dos anyone know if Amex annual fee refunds are calculated to the day or month?

• Bentoni says:

I just tried with a different browser with no ad blocker, still don’t see the 25% bonus point offer 🙁

I’ve also phoned the premier telephone banking team, and they have no clue either ..

Do I have to transfer via a certain link for it? or just the normal process

• Alexandra says:

You need to phone in and ask them to Google 25% extra avios HSBC and then they will see the offer themselves.

Say that the online transfer doesn’t work and ask them to manually process it and get them to confirm that the redemption is going to be the bonus offer rather than a normal redemption.

If any issues later their phone calls are recorded so you can refer back to it.

The bonus avios will be added 14 days later.

• Bentoni says:

Thanks Alexandra,

I just phoned about, and the guy on the phone insisted that they cannot transfer it manually on their side ..

I guess I will be missing out the offer 🙁

• Alexandra says:

Oh no, I called in and managed to get them transfer it manually.
          I stated that I was asking for the manual transfer as there is an error on the website which shouldn’t prevent me from getting the bonus avios.
          The offer is valid till end of August so plenty of time still.

• Mike says:

Absolutely nothing on my account homepage – Will try calling them…

• ollie says:

The offer is shown at the bottom right-hand-side of my Credit Card account page – not within the premier points section when you follow the link. If you click on this advert you get a PDF with the full t’s and c’s of the offer, the bonus points should arrive in your account separately within 14 days as noted above.

• Nilesh says:

Sorry to be slightly OT (cant find where else to post this) but is there a link where you get bonus MR points for upgrading from Amex Gold to Platinum. Have called Amex and they say there is nothing on my account.

Just wanted to check – otherwise am going to cancel my Gold Card.

• Nilesh says:

Actually I have checked that it is a Charge card.
    How do I go about upgrading this to platinum with the 20k bonus? When I called them they said they had no such offers.

• Julio says:

I couldn’t redeem the points online using Firefox, I called in and was told to use Internet Explorer or Chrome instead, I tried with Chrome and a pop-up blocker alert came up, I allowed the pop-ups from servicing.hsbc.co.uk and I could redeem online.
    The terms and conditions state “To be eligible for this offer you must be registered for online banking as redemption can only be made through online banking.”.
    As posted by others above I didn’t see the offer advertised in my online banking either, but I was told that if the 25% extra Avios didn’t shop up in my BAEC account after 14 days I should call back and they’d credit my HSBC points balance with 25% of the points I redeemed to BAEC.