Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

The much improved Venice Airport lounge for British Airways passengers

When we were flying out of Venice two weeks ago, I was delighted to see that – as part of a major airport redevelopment – the Marco Polo lounge used by British Airways passengers (it is also in Priority Pass and Amex Gold‘s Lounge Club) has been overhauled.

The two photos above and below do not really do it justice.  There is now an outdoor terrace, an indoor Winter garden and decent food, and the variety of seating works well for solo business travellers as well as holidaying families.  There is even a barista – you are not allowed to make your own coffee!

One other benefit from the redevelopment is that there is now a direct elevated travelator link between the water taxi dock and the terminal.  You do not need to weave your way through the car park in the rain any longer.  If you have been to the Marco Polo lounge in Venice before and been disappointed, I recommend trying it again.

Comments (123)

• Anna says:

Which airline are you using? For example, with American Airlines you pay for your checked bags at the airport.

• Chelseafi says:

It was all airlines BA was the one I was looking at I’ll have another look thanks anyway

• Crafty says:

OT: Has anyone had success with Hyatt £60 off £300 (Amex) with a prepaid rate?

I’ve used it successfully at checkout, but have it on multiple cards, with a scheduled Hyatt stay unfortunately after the offer expiry date.

• rams1981 says:

OT Amex spg compensation for complaint – what were people getting? I got offered cash credit instead of points which I found odd.

• Kevin says:

OT, IHG premium credit card related.

Purchased something online abroad and paid with IHG cc a month ago. Just been advised today that the purchase cost would only attract 2 IHG points per pound rather than 4 points per pound despite 3% FX being charged. It appeared that all international online payment will only receive basis 2 IHG points only rather than 4 IHG points for an international transaction.

• The Original Nick says:

OT, I’ve just pretty much checked the whole of April 2019 for Avios reward availability via BA for CX flights HKG-AMS and HKG-SIN with nothing showing at all. This is very odd.

• Steve O'Hara says:

OT – if I book a 241 redemption from LHR now, can I alter the booking before departure if necessary to begin and end in Belfast, in a straightforward manner? Is there the option of changing departure of booking online in manage my booking or is it a cancel the whole thing and rebook job?