Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Iberia rolls out Premium Economy seating to Havana and Johannesburg

Iberia has announced that Havana and Johannesburg will feature its Premium Economy seating from Summer 2019.

This means a 5cm wider seat, 15cm of additional seat pitch and 40 degrees of recline.  Premium Economy IFE is via a 12 inch screen compared with the 9 inch version used in Economy.

Premium Economy is already available on Iberia flights to Bogota, Buenos Aires, Mexico City, Lima, Panama City, Quito, Santiago de Chile,and São Paulo in Latin America, plus Boston, Chicago, Miami, and New York in the United States.

Iberia rolls out Premium Economy to Havana and Johannesburg

You can learn more about Iberia’s Premium Economy cabin on their website here.

In other news, Iberia has announced an additional three weekly flights to Lima for Summer 2019 taking it to 10 weekly services in July and August.

Comments (105)

• Colin JE says:

To be fair Ryanair are charging £3 for tea or coffee! Hadn’t heard about the trial of free tea or coffee for Exec Club status cards. I remember BM used to do that. And with a free sandwich thrown in!

• Crafty says:

Any Premium Economy experts on here? Which airlines really are worth the “premium”?

I’m specifically trying to decide whether Singapore Airlines will be worth an extra £200 over Lufthansa in PE (for 3 of us – single leg SIN to FRA). Others were also advocating paying an even bigger premium for Cathay but I’m unclear why.

• Alex Sm says:

Singapore is for definite but pls not BA! Don’t know about LH though – maybe if it is a codeshare with SQ or TK

• Axel Heyst says:

Always worth double checking Virgin if they have a cheaper codeshare on the SQ flights.

I would put SQ and LH on a near par in premium. LH flight crew do have a robotic behaviour which gets annoying.

• BJ says:

Air France is easily the best all round PE since the demise of the superb ANZ offering. However, I would expect you could find business class for similar price or not much more, especially if you were prepared to go to BKK and then connect. Try KLM, Turkish, Finnair, Vietnam Airlines, and Sri Lanka,

• Lyn says:

Qantas – the service in Qantas PE is more like business class than economy, unlike BA. The seats, however, are definitely better than economy but still closer to economy than business.

• VJ says:

O/T any update on Amex SPG monthly point transfer, I haven’t received mine from last month

• Crafty says:

No. Mine were specifically promised for the “9th or 10th” of this month and haven’t materialised. I’m getting quite pissed off with having to phone multiple times and get a different answer every time.

• BJ says:

OT: 1000-13000 Miles&More bonus miles for €100-1200+ for a first booking by 30 September at Hotels and Cars by Points page.

• Rob says:

That’s not massively attractive to be honest. Last year my wife and I got 7000 miles each for a €250 booking with a ‘first time booker’ promo – that was more like it!

• BJ says:

Yes, I remember that but this one could still work out nicely for somebody who needs a non-chain hotel and some miles.

• tom1 says:

o/t BA Amex 241.
    I have BA Free Amex card currently and approaching £10k spend. intend to upgrade to BAPP to trigger the 241. (I had a BAPP originally, downgraded thinking I wouldn’t spend £10k, and have since spent more than I planned).
    Once I have done that, I think I am right in saying I can cancel the BAPP once the 241 flight is booked, without jeopardising the flight booking.
    If I then cancel the flight for any reason, do I still get the 241 voucher returned?

• razvan says:

OT: Just tried to refer somone from Platinum card to Ba Blue, and what he can chose is only Membership cards and some Bussiness ones, no other posibility to chose Ba or Spg or other credit cards.
    Anyone notice these? Hopefully is just a temporary issue. Thanks

• reds says:

Had the same problem a few days ago trying to refer from BAPP to Platinum and can only see basic BA card.
      Advised to try a different browser and it worked!