Official Heathrow Parking is the obvious place to start if you want parking at the airport, since this covers the airport-owned car parks. Here’s a good alternative tip, however.
The Hilton Heathrow Terminal 5 hotel has its own NCP car park. You can park here for far less than using the official Heathrow car parks. Even better, your parking price includes a free ticket from hotel reception for the Hotel Hoppa bus service which will take you to the airport.
Details are on the NCP airports website here. Search for ‘Heathrow’ in the top-right box and select the Hilton option.
This is how it is described:
“This NCP Heathrow Airport car park offers:
- A convenient location near Heathrow terminals 4 and 5.
- A shuttle bus service that’s included in the cost of your parking and runs regularly between the car park and the main terminal buildings.
- A staffed car park 24hrs a day and located within the grounds of the 4 star Heathrow Hilton Hotel.
- The ability to pre-book your Heathrow parking using our great value saver rates.
- One of the cheapest Terminal 4 and 5 parking options available.”
One thing to note is that the Hilton Heathrow Terminal 5 – and therefore the NCP car park – is NOT in the airport. The only hotel directly linked to Terminal 5 is the Sofitel. The Hilton is a five minute drive from Junction 14 of the M25, to the west of Terminal 5. The Holiday Inn London Heathrow Terminal 5 is also a short walk away if you need a hotel and find the Hilton too expensive.
The NCP option got a lot of unsolicited positive reader feedback after our last article, although I have never tried it myself. You can get a quote via the NCP airport site here.
(Want to earn more Avios? Click here to visit our home page for the latest articles on earning and spending your Avios points and click here to see how to earn more Avios from current offers and promotions.)