Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Head for Points shortlisted for three 2018 Business Travel Journalism Awards

I’m pleased to say that Head for Points has been shortlisted for three 2018 Business Travel Journalism Awards.

The categories we have been shortlisted for this year are:

Features Journalist of the Year – Air  (Rob)

Features Journalist of the Year – Accommodation  (Rob)

Best Use of Digital in Business Travel & Meetings & Events

Longer-term readers will know that we won three of these awards last year:

Editor of the Year (Rob)

Best Newcomer to Business Travel or Meetings and Events Journalism (Anika)

Best Digital Strategy

We won’t be matching that stellar performance this year.  I decided not to put myself forward for Editor of the Year again (only fair to give someone else a chance!) and Anika can’t really win Best Newcomer twice.

Sadly there are not categories for Features Journalist of the Year – Travel Credit Cards, Best Reader Competitions, Best Party, Best Reader Interactivity, Best Reader Offers etc as I would be more confident of winning those!

Business Travel Journalism Awards

The prizes will be handed out at a dinner at the Corinthia Hotel on 4th October.  The winners are picked by a panel of key figures from the business travel industry, none of whom I know, which makes them more ‘worthwhile’ in my view.

There’s no money for winning but you do get a very hefty investment bank-style perspex tombstone.  Last year my wife promptly hid them away in a cupboard in case the kids started throwing them at each other …..

Comments (44)

• Kinkell says:

Good luck! This site is part and parcel of my breakfast routine! The tips and helpful comments have allowed us to travel and stay in style……to which we have become accustomed. Flew out last week in F to Denver.

• Avios Hunter says:

What a time to be alive !

• Lumma says:

Well done, great site. It spoils my day when none of the 3 articles are relevant or interesting to me 🙂

• Lew says:

I live in the US and read your blog daily. Obviously can’t take advantage of most of your information. But I enjoy it anyway. Good luck.

• BJ says:

Such humility…good luck 🙂

If there was a prize for censorship of sites that must not be named HFP would now be a shoe in for that too.

On a more serious note, thanks for another great year of news and tips.

• AT says:

If there was an award for “most addictive way to start every morning” you’d be a sure thing.

• Cat says:

HfP and a cup of tea first thing in the morning is my way of coping with the thought of teaching my year 10 class later! Then on the way to work I daydream about my upcoming holidays in the Philippines (flying Cathay first) and Costa Rica (Lufthansa fist and Iberia business), as well as the unusually high number of trips to Spain that I imagine many of us have planned!
      Thanks^(1/0) Rob and Anika, the nominations are well deserved, I hope you win again.

• mutley says:

Lufthansa fist … a laugh out loud moment!!

• Cat says:

Yes, I spotted that unfortunate mis-spelling as soon as I pressed “Post comment”, and frankly I hoped that no one else would. I’ll admit that that does sound somewhat less than the comfort levels I had hoped for, and can assure you that this slip was not Freudian.

• alan says:

could not agree more. +1

• Simon says:

Congrats, Rob. ????

• Sundar says:

Congrats HfP team and good luck. You deserve it.

• Anna says:

+1. 2 years ago we managed 1 RFS trip in CE per year, after studying HFP we now have 1 CE, 1 CW and our first F all booked for 2019!