Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Qatar Airways offering free stays at The Ritz-Carlton in Doha

It is not uncommon for airlines to offer free stopovers at their hubs.  It IS rare, however, for economy passengers to be offered a five star hotel and on flights with are point-to-point.

For a limited period, Qatar Airways will give you a free stay at the luxury The Ritz-Carlton hotel in Doha, including breakfast, when you book a London to Doha flight.

You can find out more about the hotel here and there is a picture above.

The offer is ONLY valid when you book UK-Doha-UK.  It is NOT valid if Doha is a stopover on the way elsewhere, eg UK-Doha-Bangkok.

You can:

Book an “Economy Flexi” or “Economy Value” Economy Class ticket and get one or two free nights

Book a “Business Value” or “Business Flexi” Business Class ticket and get your choice of 1-3 free nights

Book a “First Value” or “First Flexi” First Class ticket and get your choice of 1-4 free nights

The key dates are:

Booking validity: 12 November 2018 to 2 December 2018

Travel validity: 13 November 2018 to 31 March 2019

Full details, including the terms and conditions and how to book, are on this page of the Qatar Airways website.

Comments (67)

• MDA says:

Far too expensive for Qatar flights. Non peak time they want approx £800. For that much you can get a packaged holiday with Emirates

Btw: is there a way to cover travel insuramcr for a flight booked prior to receiving amex (e.g part bill amex card so its eligible for travel insursnce)

A refund of an airline ticket is unlikely so can additional cost count towards being an amex transaction

• Darren says:

OT,
    I have a few Etihad guest points to burn and would like to use them on American Airlines, is this as straight forward as finding the availability on AA.com and ringing Etihad?

• John says:

United offer.
    I booked over £500 on United with my amex plat.I had the offer but it was not saved first. Do I have any hope?

• Andrew says:

Shortly after the stay or purchase is complete, my benefits “account” is credited with the percentage of the value in WOW Points. This is sometimes the cost and sometimes the pre-VAT and delivery cost. It all depends on the retailer.

Those points can then be used (1p per point) to either buy goods or transfer cash to my current account.

For my most recent Hilton Purchase, I got 3000ish WOW Points. I used 2700 of those points to buy a £30 Starbucks Gift Card.

• AndyGWP says:

Ah cheers Andrew. Sounds very different to the scheme I’m on where discount seems to equate to you spending set amounts on buying “a gift card”

• Suzanne says:

& back O/T….the Qatar Airways / comp Ritz Carlton nights is also appearing on the Qatar Airways.com Ireland website (ie Dublin-Doha direct on B787-8). Best economy pricing is for 5N trips in period 25 Jan-29 Mar ’19, currently pricing at €543 / £480. This is for fare bucket ‘Economy Promo’. If booking to get the hotel deal probably best to double-check with Qatar first that this fare bucket aligns with the T&Cs of the Ritz deal which vaguely states ‘Offer cannot be clubbed with Qatar Airways exclusive promotional fares’ whatever that really means.