Whilst admittedly less exciting than £1,340 return Business Class flights to Sydney (sorry Flybe ….), Flybe is running its own good value promotion.
The airline is offering 100,000 seats across its network for £25 one-way. You must book between now and 26th November for travel between 8th December and 27th March 2019.
The routes included are:
- Aberdeen – Belfast City, Birmingham, Manchester, Southampton
- Amsterdam – Birmingham, Doncaster, East Midlands, Manchester, Southampton
- Belfast City – Aberdeen, Birmingham, Cardiff, Doncaster, East Midlands, Edinburgh, Exeter, Glasgow, Inverness, Leeds Bradford, Manchester, Southampton
- Birmingham – Aberdeen, Amsterdam, Belfast City, Berlin, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Hamburg, Hannover, Inverness, Isle Of Man, Knock, Lyon
- Cardiff – Belfast City, Berlin, Cork, Dublin, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Jersey, Milan, Paris, Rome
- Cork – Cardiff
- Doncaster – Amsterdam, Belfast City, Dublin, Jersey, Paris
- Dublin – Cardiff, Doncaster, Exeter, Southampton
- East Midlands – Amsterdam, Belfast City, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Jersey
- Edinburgh – Belfast City, Birmingham, Cardiff, East Midlands, Knock, Manchester, Southampton
- Exeter – Belfast City, Dublin, Glasgow, Guernsey, Jersey, Manchester, Newcastle, Norwich
- Glasgow – Belfast City, Birmingham, Cardiff, East Midlands, Exeter, Manchester
- Guernsey – Exeter
- Inverness – Belfast City, Birmingham
- Isle Of Man – Birmingham, Liverpool, Manchester
- Jersey – Cardiff, Doncaster, East Midland, sExeter, Manchester, Southampton
- Knock – Birmingham, Edinburgh, Manchester
- Leeds Bradford – Belfast City, Dusseldorf, Newquay
- Liverpool – Isle Of Man
- London Gatwick – Newquay
- London Southend – Antwerp, Caen, Groningen, Lyon, Rennes
- Manchester – Aberdeen, Amsterdam, Belfast City, Edinburgh, Exeter, Glasgow, Hannover, Isle Of Man, Jersey, Knock, Luxemburg, Lyon, Milan, Newquay, Paris, Southampton, Toulouse
- Newcastle – Exeter, Southampton
- Newquay – Leeds Bradford, London Gatwick, Manchester
- Norwich – Exeter
- Southampton – Aberdeen, Amsterdam, Belfast City, Dublin, Edinburgh, Jersey, Manchester, Nantes, Newcastle, Paris
Your booking will also qualify for ‘double Avios’ if you travel during the right dates – we covered that new promotion here.
Your best option to maximise your miles when paying is American Express Preferred Rewards Gold. This offers double points – 2 per £1 – when you when you book flight tickets directly with an airline. Our review of Amex Gold is here.
Full details of the Flybe Black Friday deal are here.
How to earn Avios from UK credit cards (December 2023)
As a reminder, there are various ways of earning Avios points from UK credit cards. Many cards also have generous sign-up bonuses!
In February 2022, Barclaycard launched two exciting new Barclaycard Avios Mastercard cards with a bonus of up to 25,000 Avios. You can apply here.
You qualify for the bonus on these cards even if you have a British Airways American Express card:
There are two official British Airways American Express cards with attractive sign-up bonuses:
You can also get generous sign-up bonuses by applying for American Express cards which earn Membership Rewards points. These points convert at 1:1 into Avios.
SPECIAL OFFER: Until 9th January 2024, you will receive 30,000 Membership Rewards points (convertible to 30,000 Avios) with American Express Preferred Rewards Gold. You receive 25,000 points if you spend £3,000 in three months and a further 5,000 points if you hold the card for 15 months. You can apply here.
SPECIAL OFFER: Until 9th January 2024, you will receive a huge 100,000 Membership Rewards points (convertible to 100,000 Avios) with The Platinum Card. You receive 75,000 points if you spend £10,000 in six months and a further 25,000 points if you hold the card for 15 months. You can apply here.
American Express Preferred Rewards Gold
Your best beginner’s card – 30,000 points (TO 9th JANUARY), FREE for a year & four airport ….. Read our full review
The Platinum Card from American Express
Crazy 100,000 points (TO 9th JANUARY) and a huge range of valuable benefits – for a fee Read our full review
Run your own business?
We recommend Capital On Tap for limited companies. You earn 1 Avios per £1 which is impressive for a Visa card, along with a sign-up bonus worth 10,500 Avios.
You should also consider the British Airways Accelerating Business credit card. This is open to sole traders as well as limited companies and has a 30,000 Avios sign-up bonus.
There are also generous bonuses on the two American Express Business cards, with the points converting at 1:1 into Avios. These cards are open to sole traders as well as limited companies.
Click here to read our detailed summary of all UK credit cards which earn Avios. This includes both personal and small business cards.