Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Send your children on the British Airways work experience scheme

If you have a child at school or sixth form college (not university), British Airways is currently accepting applications for its Summer 2019 work experience scheme.

Positions are available at Heathrow (customer facing, operations, engineering, Waterside HQ), Gatwick (customer facing and engineering), Glasgow (engineering) and Cardiff (engineering).  There is also a gliding scholarship in High Wycombe available.

British Airways work experience programme

There were 600 roles offered in 2018 and BA is promising to increase the number in 2019 as part of its 100th birthday celebrations.  Each placement lasts for five days and will require a week off school.

You can find out more on the British Airways careers website here.  The deadline to apply is Friday.

Comments (147)

• Clive says:

Wifes 1000 VS miles for Tesco Auto Tip posted today

• Jon says:

O/T – have Amex Plat which I might not keep too long. Is there any benefit in waiting until Jan 2019 before registering for hotel/partner benefits? (in order to get longer duration memberships)

• TGLoyalty says:

there would be as you would keep the status for longer as it’s usually all of the year you reach the status and the year after. So if you get it now it’s only for a year vs 2 if you achieve in early 2019

• Benylin says:

If you signed up to hotel status this year (2018), is there anything I can do come 2019 to extend my hotel status length?

• Ming says:

Can I assume if the cash back deal did not show up in my offers today, it is not going to?

• Shoestring says:

Not always a correct assumption.

• Ming says:

Has it been a case that some people get the same offers few days later?

• Shoestring says:

With other offers, definitely yes. I haven’t specifically tracked this one but probably same principle. Ie Amex want to release it to (say) 10,000 people. If, after some days, only 5,000 people have saved it, they’ll release it more widely to make the number.

• Alberto says:

I have the offer in my Platinum (200 pounds back when spending 600+)
    Anyone know if it should be done in one single transaction?

• neil says:

I had a wonderful time in the late 80’s doing my work experience with BA engineering at Glasgow. From boarding BAC1-11’s and dousing myself with the club europe aftershave , to visiting the 757 cockpit. Lovely memories