Bits: £1346 London to Seoul in Business, Flybe sells Gatwick slots, 5% off your ski holiday with SNO

News in brief:

£1346 Business Class return from London to Seoul

Air France and KLM have launched some aggressive business class fares from London to Seoul.  You can get as low as £1346 return for much of the year.

I recommend starting at klm.com because the default departure period is ‘Between now and January 2020’ so you can easily find dates where the fare is £1346.

Note that, whilst Expedia shows a lower fare of £1163, it appears to jump up to £1346 on the final payment page so you might as well book direct.

These flights need to be credited to a SkyTeam frequent flyer programme such as Flying Blue or Delta SkyMiles.  However, if you travelling from April onwards it is possible that you will also be able to credit them to Virgin Flying Club – it depends on the official start date for the new Virgin / Air France KLM joint venture.

Look at reviews of the aircraft you will be using before booking, as Air France still has some aircraft with sloping beds in Business Class.  I believe that KLM is now fully flat on all aircraft.

Here is sample pricing on klm.com – click to enlarge:

KLM price quote

Flybe sells its Gatwick slots for £4.5 million

Flybe slipped out an additional Stock Exchange announcement on Friday in the wake of the ‘big one’ on its proposed acquisition by a Virgin Atlantic-led consortium.

Flybe has sold its remaining slots at London Gatwick to BA’s sister airline Vueling.  The price was £4.5 million.

The money is being paid in two chunks, with the Summer seasons slots being funded immediately and the Winter slots being paid for in June.

This is almost certainly the sale of the three daily slot pairs used by Flybe for its Gatwick to Newquay service.  This flight is moving to Heathrow at the start of the Summer season on 31st March as we covered here.

PS.  I took a Vueling flight down to Barcelona this week – a report on that will appear next week.

Ski Holidays SNO

Get 5% off your ski holiday with a SNO promo code

The winter ski season is now in full swing, so we wanted to remind everyone that the ski holiday company SNO continues to offer their exclusive 5% discount code for Head for Points readers.

With schools going back after the Christmas break, a lot of parents are turning their thoughts to the next school holiday in the middle of February. SNO have thousands of child-friendly ski holidays, including chalets with childcare and hotels with swimming pools and on-site ski schools (like the one in Valmorel, pictured above).

Head for Points readers are able to claim 5% off the brochure price of SNO holidays with the code SNOHFP.

You can find all SNO family deals here and the phone number to book and claim your 5% discount is 020 7770 6888.

How to earn Avios booking hotels via Agoda - and is it worth it?
Important dates for your diary - offers about to close which you shouldn't miss

IHG

Comments

1. Milo2001 says:

Doug/Stu, thank you. it was almost two years ago that I last went, same ESTA still valid so will try electronic access. Lounge access will be good and have managed to select decent seats

2. Looks like routing on Korean airlines to Seoul is possible via their codeshares for no extra cost , at least on an Air France ticket coming back via Paris, not seen anything out of Amsterdam though

3. I was quietly hoping Virgin Atlantic might bring back a NCL-LGW service after the acquisition of Flybe. I guess this is off the cards now. Perhaps we might get a OW service instead with these slots. I miss the ability to connect to LGW holidays flights from NCL – getting to Orlando is a pig.

• Phil, considered getting the train to Manchester and going from there?

• Genghis says:

Difference of only around 45 mins between MAN and LGW, with not much more effort going to LGW (the walk between Kings X and St Pancras). I’d go on price.

• Lady London says:

And from all the comments on here (eg.from @Anna) LGW is a nicer airport to go through these days than MAN? Whilst it’s not up to LHR T3 or T2 standards, LGW certainly seems to have a nicer choice of lounges! So you’d be in more comfort if you arrived early due to allowing not much longer for the journey.

• It’s £1000 in economy from MAN in the school hols 😱

• Not sure it is a do e eal because I see Tinkler bought 10% of Flybe shares on Friday. He was the former Stobart CEO and was interested in buying Flybe when in that role. Is close to several if the big fund managers so you never know he might be positioning himself for some sort of bid.

4. Cuchlainn says:

OT ( Tesco Prem CC ) :
    Just finished 1st year ( 11th Jan ) and by my count ( 12 online statements ) I have qualified for 5,000 Clubcard points / 12,000 Avios. That doesn’t include 4 x £200pm Curve ATM Tesco withdrawals before Tesco stopped it.
    Couple of queries please as neither Tesco Bank nor Tesco Clubcard can tell me :
    1. When do 5,000 Cc bonus points for Tesco Premium CC post ?
    2. Has anyone received same / noted them on their online Cc account ?
    Lastly, 3. Has anybody “negotiated a reduced renewal fee, other than the currently notified £150pa ?
    ( Expecting £150 fee to be charged but have note on file with CS for full fee refund )

• TGLoyalty says:

The £5k is for spend directly at tesco stores/online.

Cash withdrawals at tesco cash machines wouldn’t have qualified as spend for the £5k under any circumstances.

5. OT, I have the £200 off £600 on both the main and supplementary Amex plat cards. Can I spend £600+ on each card and benefit from 2 x £200 off?

Thanks in advance.

6. OT_ Paypal refund

How does Paypal refund work, if the card used is now cancelled?
    Can I get refund on current linked card or retain as credit balance on my account?

• Peter K says:

I’ve had a refunded to a cancelled card (amex). I had to live chat them asking it to be credited to a card I currently had at that point.

• I’ve given up on ever receiving this one. I’ve chased it a few times without luck and really can’t be bothered anymore. Neither myself nor my wife ever received it. As I was spending on Paypal anyway its no big issue but it is disappointing.

• Are you referring to the Amex £10 off offer Alan? If so I think Roger’s post is about a refund

• If this refers to the Amex offer on PayPal then likewise not received it. Did a chat and confirmed I’d qualified for offer. Said it could take up to 90 days as per t&c’s. Said that was a poor response and customer service wasnt great, offers always near immediate or few days at worse. Bland rubbish response, along robotic lines. I’ve made a calander note and will chase again as I get very annoyed with these sorts of failure.
        I assume these are often funded by the company the offer is on rather than Amex. Otherwise why the difference in offers, and why ridiculous hoops to jump through like that awful BP app.
        I wonder if they properly assess the downside of these things. BP definitely soured for me, and PayPal was never my friend, just suits small businesses in taking credit cards, and slightly moody businesses in taking free payments by pretending they’re friends.

• Simonmuhws mykd says: