Earn 120,000 bonus Radisson Rewards points with their Spring promotion

Radisson Rewards – the loyalty scheme for Radisson Blu, Radisson RED, Radisson Collection, Park Inn and Park Plaza hotels – has launched its new Spring promotion.

If you can push a lot of business their way over the next 10 weeks it could work out very nicely indeed.

It is a simple one, based on the number of nights you do between now and 31st March:

• Stay 1 night, earn 1,000 bonus points
  • Stay 2 nights, earn 3,000 bonus points
  • Stay 5 nights, earn 10,000 bonus points
  • Stay 10 nights, earn 50,000 bonus points
  • Stay 20 nights, earn 120,000 bonus points

The bonus posts cumulatively.  You receive 1,000 points after your first night, an additional 2,000 (total 3,000) after your 2nd night, an additional 7,000 (total 10,000) after your fifth night etc.

I value a Radisson Rewards point at around 0.33p.  This means that you are getting a very modest £3.33 return if you do just one night.  If you do exactly 20 nights, however, you will have received a bonus of 120,000 points which is worth around £400 – that is a VERY attractive £20 per night!

Existing bookings WILL count.  Interestingly, points and ‘points and cash’ stays will count too.  This means that if you can find a very cheap 9,000 point hotel (there are none left in the UK but they still exist in other countries) and stayed there for 20 nights, you would get 2/3rd of your points back!

You MUST register in order to take part, which can be done at this page of the Radisson Rewards website.

Radisson Rewards spring promotion

Earning Radisson Rewards points via UK credit cards

As a reminder, you can earn Radisson Rewards points by converting Membership Rewards points earned from selected UK American Express cards.  These include:

American Express Preferred Rewards Gold – 10,000 Membership Rewards points (= 30,000 Radisson Rewards points) sign-up bonus

The Platinum Card from American Express – 30,000 Membership Rewards points (= 90,000 Radisson Rewards points) sign-up bonus

American Express Rewards credit card – up to 5,000 Membership Rewards points (= 15,000 Radisson Rewards points) sign-up bonus

It is worth noting that holders of The Platinum Card receive free Radisson Rewards Gold status for as long as they hold the card.  It also comes with Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Shangri-La Golden Circle Jade and Melia Rewards Gold status.  We reviewed American Express Platinum in detail here.

Membership Rewards points convert at 1:3 into Radisson Rewards points which is a very attractive rate.  The cards above all earn 1 Amex point per £1 spent on your card, which converts to 3 Radisson Rewards points.

EXCLUSIVE PICS: We reveal the changes to British Airways World Traveller Plus
More attractive KLM ex-UK business class deals launched

Comments

1. OT – looking at cancelling a trip made with points.

Avios
    is the rules for cancelling an avios award flight via avios.com just the same as as booking on Ba? £35 fee and points and fee/charges returned?
    (Flights are Aer Lingus)

Flying blue – same €45 and points, fees/charges returned?

Also I assume the cancellation fees are per booking (I have a couple of singles)

Ta

J

• With Flying Blue, no refund of points if it’s a promo award. Lots of people are keen on those but I’m not as they usually mean you lose all the points as it’s not refundable. Can’t remember if you get any cash back.

• Yeah I am unable to find the answer to the bit about cash back – looks like I will need to give them a call.
        Standard reward so that’s ok.
        Ta J

2. OT:
    Latest Curve beta update now showing the 3 flavours of curve : Blue, Black, Metal.
    Black showing with the £1000/month fee free Amex, gadget & Travel insurance, Foreign ATM £600/month and a reduced 1% on the loyalty scheme. The £14.99/month metal gets you the added unlimited Amex and “coming soon” lounge access.
    Depending on the latter might be a goer if I give up the plat this year (with my wife were previous serial gold to play upgraders.)

• play = plat

• Lounge access is not free, you pay £15.

• Plus gadgets is only tablets, laptops. Phones also covered but cameras, etc. don’t appear to be. 70y max for Travel Ins. £800 cap for mobiles (of relevance for iPhone users I’m guessing!)

• Lady London says:

slightly OT but I’ve found the best gadget insurance for price/performance and wide range of devices covered, is to be found as an option on business policies.

Personal gadgets policies or cover with cards etc., seems either very limited in coverage or far far too expensive.

Thanks

• Meant to be next week but it may slip.

• Would the £150 annual fee be worth the benefits of a spending back onto Amex ?
          Even ignoring the other “frees”
          To me, that’s the additional charge for earning valuable Airline miles for normal non-Amex spend instead of Hotel points….

• Bonglim says:

My top question (and not sure anyone will be able to answer it yet) – is can you switch between metal and black cards on a month by month basis. I.e. black most of the year, then metal for expensive months (perhaps July and January!)

• If you drop down from metal within 6 months there’s a fee for the card – not sure how they’d be if you already had the card and just kept switching though.

• Optimus Prime says:

The email also says that current Beta testers can get Metal with an introductory discount though when clicking the button still says £14.99 / month

• If they are going to start charging people that sort of money then I believe they really need to start sorting out their marketing and customer service. £14.99 a month is into Amex Gold territory and I suspect many of their users will probably already have a paid for Amex and are wanting to use the Curve for FX and those places that don’t want Amex.
        I’m not on the beta, but I am part of the Curve Community, and the only people who seem enthused about these are those that want a metal card! I suspect Amex could easily nab their custom if they just released a metal Plat card in the UK

• Optimus Prime says:

I’m with you 100%. Also the £50k annual limit seems to remain.

Rob has said the lounge access will not be free so IMO those who simply want a metal card are better off with this one: https://n26.com/en-gb/plans

Revolut Metal is cheaper but it’s not clear whether lounge access will be included for free.

• Yep. Curve way too flakey for that sort of fee.

• Thomas Howard says:

I have no interest in a metal card but to make it worthwhile I need a higher limit, I used most of my allowance on VAT and ISA payments. Are people really impressed with what the cards made of rather than what it does?

• Optimus Prime says:

Out of curiosity – why do all finance startups work with MasterCard instead of Visa? Less restrictive? Cheaper fees?

• AndyGWP says:

What’s the drive for people wanting a metal card? (Is there a practical reason? Or is it aesthetic / status related?)

• There is a market, it seems, for metal credit cards. However, I have a Curve metal card to play with and it is very heavy in my wallet. It does work OK in ATMs etc.

The issue for Curve is that everyone is doing them now – Revolut, N26 etc.

• Genghis says:

@AndyGWP willy waving?

• Lady London says:

How are metal cards safe? do they have an embedded secure strip like plastic ones must have? I just can’t get over the fact that they’re magnetic.. (presumably?) potentially having a negative effect on other cards in same wallet?

I DO get the trendiness of them though, and understand why everyone wants them.. until the next Thing.

• The mail indicated if you moved to the new beta app, you would get another email about the intro discount.

• Email only seems to be for iOS users so far too, Android app is delayed (although for once this is a positive, delaying the time when we have to pay a subscription!)

• Does it say anything about the yearly limit?

• I asked that last night too, it’s the critical issue! I’d be happy to pay £150 a year if the limit was raised. Cripplingly low for HMRC payments etc as it is, no way it would be worth it without a substantial increase.

• Does the Amex top-up to Curve count as a points-earning purchase or cash advance?

• This reads to me that Black is staying fee free (after the initial £50 outlay). Is this correct? If that’s the case then I think the £1k fee free Amex will do me if I use it only in those places that won’t take the Amex straight.

• No black is moving a subscription £9.99 per month.

• For new customers only or will existing customers (who stumped up the £50 intial fee) also get hit with this?

• @Grant – they’ll get six months free then have to move or downgrade AFAIK

• Genghis says:

Per revised beta terms it’s free till 18 May

• Lady London says:

Not much in return for the £50 upfront then?

• Rob, thanks but I can’t seem to get access to the terms. I’m starting to feel a bit miffed that I’ve paid £50 for the black card only for it to require additional fees after 5 months of ownership. As Lady London says, I haven’t got much for my £50. I’d be interested to see if I have scope for cancelling and a refund.

Wonder how long they’ll keep offering the £50 black card?

• Will wait and see but what’s the point of a “premium” card aimed at the top of the market with a 50k/yr limit? That would just be stupid – I’d stick with the free one as whether they took Amex or not would be largely irrelevant; I’d still only be able to put through 50k/yr.

3. Hurrah, that’s what I was exploring for, what a data!
    present here at this web site, thanks admin of this website.

4. Bits, can anyone help with suggested hotels in August for 1 night in Hong Kong and 2 nights in Bangkok with 2 teenagers 2 rooms in total. IHG platinum ambassador, Marriott gold , Hilton gold. Thanks!!

• Millenium Hilton in Bangkok – nice hotel in a fabulous location – the river is the place to be in Bangkok.

• FlyingChris says:

I too enjoyed the Millennium. Thought the location was good on the river and didn’t mind taking the shuttle boat. Liked ending the day with a drink in the Skybar – most nights we stayed there was live music too.

• Michael C says:

For BKK city centre, has has has to be the Sheraton Grande.
      Connected by walkway to both the BTS and Terminal 21 mall.

Fabulous happy hour cocktails, which you can take anywhere in the hotel (lovely lobby lounge, with pianist/singer, etc., out by the pool, and so on.

One of the best pools in the city (not for laps, but for loveliness!).

V nice rooms with northern Thai turquoise tiles in the bathroom.

Love it.

• Nate1309 says:

I have booked the Ritz Carlton on points for Easter time. It’s one of the new band 8. So will be increasing in points soon. Don’t know personally what it is like but when I asked about it on here a few months ago there were lots of positive comments.

5. OT – does the pro rata refund now get rounded to the nearest month? Or is it that the fee on hits at the end of the first month of the new card yr? Missed Plat fee hitting by a couple of days and got 11/12s back. Not particularly worried, just curious as it seems different.

6. Mikeact says:

Bits. If you’re looking to get to Sydney from London in the next few weeks, Qantas have released number of seats in all cabins, which is extremely unusual for Qantas , as similar to BA, reward seats are difficult to come by, especially up front.

• Lady London says:

Lots of offers coming up generally for UK or Europe to longhaul especially February and March this year across the alliances. More than usual at this time I would say.

Not sure if this means that overall bookings are soft for Feb/Mar or perhaps the late Easter this year has meant that people are booking later?

Good news about Qantas award seat availability. Especially as it’s still summer in Australia now. Now, if only the “taxes” on long haul award seats were not so high, if using British Airways avios…

7. Does anybody remember how to add your rewards number for Radisson or Hilton to Amex for transfer’s, it doesn’t accept my number as is – however I vaguely remember your supposed to add or subtract some digits?

Also does anybody know roughly when the annual amex bonus points post, is it genuinely months later?

• Gold bonus posts about 30 days after renewal.

Starwood – try adding 0000 at the beginning if you have an issue (this was for old SPG account numbers not new 9-digit Marriott ones)
      Flying Blue – try adding 00 at the beginning if you have an issue
      Radisson – try dropping the first 6 digits if you have an issue
      Virgin Flying Club – call Amex if you have an issue as the system has been troublesome for some time

• For Radisson I had to do it over the phone, took about 5 working days. Hilton went through fine online.

8. Virgin Money Card – 10000 Points.

I hit £1000 in current statement, though I don’t see extra 5000 points on my statement, is this correct (i.e. No extra 5000 points on statement but will be posted to my VA account directly).

9. OT – I’ve never had cause to know before and I’ve not been able to find the answer online – can I use Curve at NS&I? I found some things that suggested I could. I tried last night but it failed, although that might be due to the balance on my underlying card.

• Yes you can, but may be limited to “cash-like transactions” limit on the underlying card.

Try with MBNA if you can

• Thanks Stuart – I used Virgin which has worked with other cash-like transactions. I’ll persevere.

10. OT – Qatar just released a movie with all the hype and teasing. No sale then

• Indeed. More of a ‘if you are a white family with children you can fly with us to more places and see more white people’. My, can’t imagine who the affluent target audience is LOL!

11. Q: How long after closing an Amex credit card (taking me from 1 charge and 2 credit cards with them down to 1 charge and 1 credit) would it be safe to apply for another [differently branded] credit card with Amex?

• What do you mean by “safe”? I’ve got 3 amex credit cards

• Maybe I’m mis-remembering but felt sure Rob once said Amex think 2 amex credit plus 2 amex charge cards per customer is enough. Perhaps it’s not?

• Since Gold switched to Credit that rule doesn’t seem to apply and was never a firm rule.

• Along the same lines, can anybody tell me can I refer myself the BAPP from my Amex Platinum to get the Amex 18k as well as the 26k Avios? Thanks

• Bonglim says:

Olly Yes (as long as you have not had any BA cards in the last 6 months)

• RussellH says:

I currently have three Amex credit cards.
          I suspect that compared with a significant number of readers my income is low – I struggle to get the £1000 / 3 mth spend without making carefully timed charitable donations and/or resorting to Billhop to pay a bit of income tax.
          Weirdly, the SPG card (my newest) was the first one in years to be approved immediately.

• guesswho2000 says:

Immediately, you can have 2 charge, 2 credit (although others have even had more than that).

• That rule is now dead, and I doubt it was ever alive. Many of us had more cards than that.

• You should be fine with just one conbranded card. I was informed by a CSA in November it would not be wise to apply for a third cobranded card. I have no idea if this was just her thoughts or policy but I erred on side of caution and will only apply for SPG after cancelling nectar later this month.

• I was declined for a third cobranded (credit) card a couple of months back, my first-ever decline in all these years of churning. I was shocked 😉

TBH I was more surprised that Amex still haven’t closed all my accounts and told me never to darken their door again. We’ve done quite well out of them despite never really spending large sums.

• Thanks? proves it is still possible at least.