BA Holidays luxury city breaks flash offer this weekend – cheaper than just booking a flight!

British Airways Holidays is running a special luxury breaks flash offer this weekend, valid for holidays to Europe, New York and South Africa amongst other places.

There are some decent prices here but you need to book by midnight on Monday 18th February.

You can see the deals available with Club World holiday deals here.

The short-haul Club Europe holiday deals are here.

The key thing to know about BA Holidays is that – due to the weird world of airline pricing – booking a flight and hotel, or flight and car hire, together can often work out cheaper than just booking a flight itself.

The ‘lead in’ deals are:

Europe

Verona from £269 per person – three nights at the 4* Montemezzi Hotel including breakfast, travelling 24th February to 31st March, with Club Europe return flights from Gatwick

Amsterdam from £289 per person – three nights at the 4* Xo Blue Square Hotel, travelling 24th February to 18th March, with Club Europe return flights from Heathrow

Nice from £269 per person – three nights at the 4* Villa Bougainville Hotel, travelling 18th February to 25th March, with Club Europe return flights from Gatwick

Rome from £299 per person – three nights at the 4* Occidental Aurelia, travelling 24th February – 12th March, with Club Europe return flights from Gatwick

BA Holidays deals

USA

New York from £1,629 per person – three nights at the 4* DoubleTree by Hilton New York Times Square West, travelling 14th February to 31st March, with Club World return flights from Gatwick

BA Holidays sale

South Africa

Durban from £1,649 per person – five nights at the 5* Hilton Durban including breakfast, travelling 7th October to 31st October, with Club World return flights from Heathrow

Cape Town from £2,319 per person – five nights at the 5* Hilton Cape Town City Centre, travelling 2nd November to 8th December, with Club World return flights from Heathrow

These prices are based on two people sharing.  Travel dates vary by destination.

As usual with BA Holidays you don’t have to pay in full when booking.  Secure the deal with a small deposit, and then pay the balance five weeks before departure.  This is a substantial extra benefit compared to just booking flights.

You also earn a bonus 1 Avios per £1 for booking with BA Holidays.  Find out more here.

This is on top of the Avios and tier points you will earn from the flights which are the same as you would get for booking a ‘flight only’, and from your credit card.  Remember that BA Holidays spending earns you double Avios (3 per £1) if you charge it to a British Airways Premium Plus American Express card.

The BA Holidays Club World promo page is here and the Club Europe short-haul page is here.  Remember that you need to book by midnight on Monday.

My review of the brand new Staybridge Suites at London Heathrow Airport
Exclusive HFP competition: Win two flights to New York – on the airline YOU love the most!

Comments

1. Any great deals on 160TP destinations ???

2. LonelyPete says:

It would be great if they allowed us to search these easily for just 1 person 🙁

3. Chrisasaurus says:

Any indication on the end date for travel? I can’t see it

4. Always used to be max 2 charge + 2 credit.

• Andrew M says:

No longer enforced. No set limits. Appears to be assessed on a case by case basis. Certainly many have exceeded the old 2 + 2.

5. Cool, just booked 3 nights in Iceland. Great deal, Avios and tier points earned and double miles. Thanks for heads up 👍

6. Now’t from up North??

7. Wierd,

A data point . . .

Just this evening I booked a June weekend break in Nice/Cannes. I have a few Marriott points, and an IHG free night from the credit card, so my hotels are paid for, but RFS flights are a bit trickier so I wasted a number of hours chasing the right deal.

Anyway, the Boscolo Exedra in Nice (Marriott) was 35k points or £460 for 2 nights, and the Intercontinental Cannes was quoting £363 for 1 night

BA are asking £663 per person for a 3 night break in Nice – so crunching the numbers that equates to £250 per person for a business class return to Nice – I just priced up these flights with ITA Matrix at £339 per person – so very very roughly a 10% discount.
    OK but if you can afford to pay £1300 for a weekend break, not life changing

• About 13.5% discount, but unless you compare the same hotel as the BA offer then is it a valid comparison?

• Don’t forget you won’t earn hotel points on BA holidays bookings. This probably wipes out your discount.

• Apparently they are building a tram line and lots of building works outside Boscolo in Nice so worth checking…

• Michael C says:

I’ll report back on this, Matthew – we’re going next week for Carnival. Was aware of the works, but also v good pricing/indoor pool (in case of rubbish weather with kid), etc.

• You can see the street works on Google street view – basically the road outside the Boscolo is hidden behind metal fencing while they lay the tram lines. The road is closed to traffic, but its been ongoing for a year already so fingers crossed its cleared up by June.
          I look forward to Michael’s experiences!!

8. fivebobbill says:

I just gave you an answer to this over on “bits”

9. Perfect timing, I am 100 tier points short for my BA gold, end date early April. Now, If I book a break with an IHG hotel, will I get the IHG points and status benefits as well?

10. OT – How are the MBNA cards working with curve?
    Transactions with HMRC, odd cash withdrawals via curve working OK?
    Would be great to hear from MBNA users if they have been using it?
    Thanks Matt

• Works fine on my Horizon, better than Creation cards ever did.

• Tesco and NatWest now too.

• What about the new Virgin Atlantic Credit Card. Have anyone tried this on Curve for HMRC payments?

• Paid my end of SA tax in Jan with my VS Plus card via Curve. No issues at all – it went through with no problems and now shows on my VS statement as HMRC.
        I now want to pay more tax to HMRC (for my business) but have hit my Curve limit, asked them for a temporary increase but they said No, so i can’t pay my taxes and get points.

• Shoestring says:

You can still get Tesco points (debit card on current a/c)

11. OT – Are you able to book Aer Lingus Birmingham to Dublin using points? It doesn’t look like there is any availability for any dates on either Aer Lingus or BA websites, there is for Heathrow to Dublin though.

• Typical found the Avios.com link a couple of minutes after, am I still able to transfer or make bookings by that site all my points were moved out to my BA account awhile ago?

• BA site does not show Lingus, you must call.

• Thanks, apparently there’s an issue at them moment linking accounts when you sign up to Aer Club, their sending my details to a back office to fix and Avios.com support could only direct me to the Aer Club.

Does anyone know if there are additional charges booking reward flight with BA over the phone vs online? I might try that way next.
        Thanks again

• Apparently taxes through BA are more expensive than Aer Club £63.21 vs £41.31, there’s still 9 seats left so I’ll wait and see if Aer Club sort out the IT issues.