Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Join Angela Hartnett for an exclusive meal at Murano with Marriott Bonvoy points

Following the success of the Clare Smyth event at Core last year (see photo below, my wife and I have our backs to the camera), Marriott Bonvoy is running an exclusive dinner with Angela Hartnett at Murano on 8th April.

There is a pre-meal cocktails and canape reception with Angela followed by a three course meal, with each course paired with a different wine.  You receive a signed cookbook to take home.

Packages are being auctioned, with a minimum bid of 30,000 points for two people.  You can bid here.

There are also packages including a night at the JW Marriott on Park Lane which you can bid for here.

Angela Hartnett Marriott Bonvoy dinner

How to earn Marriott Bonvoy points via UK credit cards

As a reminder, there are various ways of earning Marriott Bonvoy points from UK credit cards.  Many cards also have generous sign-up bonuses!

Click here to read our detailed summary of all UK credit cards which earn Marriott Bonvoy points.  That page is regularly updated with the latest special offers and will still be accurate even if you are reading this article months after publication.

Comments (196)

• lee says:

Will do a test tmw for £50 atm withdrawal .

• Nick_C says:

I tried to withdraw cash on my Curve card today at a Barclays ATM, inside a Barclays branch. The card was refused. Message was something like “invalid card type”

I don’t know if this is something new to Barclays or not. I usually use a Lloyds ATM, but tried Barclays because of a queue at Lloyds. After trying both ATMs inside Barclays, I went over to Halifax where my Curve card worked fine.

Maybe all this is a red herring – are the Barclay’s cash machines inside the branches for Barclays customers only?

• Andrew says:

You should be able to use any card with the Visa, MasterCard or Link logo (plus others) at a Barclays machine, whether that be inside or outdoors, unless you tried to use a deposit machine by mistake.

Lloyds, Halifax & BoS brand all run on the same platform.

• Jeferson Amend says:

Can I pay AMEX bills with Curve from another CC? Does anybody know if AMEX accept it?

• Alex Sm says:

Just out of curiosity – is Landor scheme named after the branding agency of the same name which, inter alia, helped to devise new branding and colour schemes for airlines? Or is it more of the “wag the dog” situation?

• Roger says:

With Apple offer (£50 off £500), is it a good deal to trade iPhone 7(~225) and get iPhone XR?
    This takes the price of XR above £500 and triggers offer.
    Just asking-

• Lumma says:

Trade in price is around what you get on eBay these days for a used iPhone 7 without the faff off selling it on eBay so a good deal if you want the iPhone XR

• Mr Dee says:

I would wait

• Nick says:

Re. Barclays blocking curve – is this something to with trying to limit credit risk. Ie if my customers are using credit cards to pay off other credit cards, probability of default across the whole population of card holders is likely to be higher, so a good idea to block it? Just a thought.