Get 9,600 Avios or 10,000 Virgin Flying Club miles for £40 with a new Tesco Mobile offer!

It’s just like the old days …. a generous Tesco promotion to earn you a chunk of Avios or Virgin Flying Club miles via Clubcard!

(Back in the early days of Head for Points we would write about numerous Tesco offers every week.  There were so many that we ended up creating Shopper Points in order to move them off HFP.  With Tesco Direct and Tesco Wine now closed down, there is no chance of this ever coming back.)

This deal is with Tesco Mobile.

Tesco Mobile is offering a generous chunk of Clubcard points when you order a pay-as-you-go SIM card and sign up for a Rocket Pack.

A Rocket Pack is a package of data, call minutes and texts which last for a month.  There is no contract but your Rocket Pack will auto-renew unless you cancel it.  You get the points with your first Rocket Pack, so only one payment is needed.

You could move your existing SIM over to Tesco Mobile if you are not in a contract.  However, the smart thing to do is to:

order a new free SIM from Tesco Mobile

order a Rocket Pack

pop the new SIM in your phone – assuming it is not locked – and make a quick call to ensure it is treated as active

and then pop your normal SIM back in!

There are three Rocket Packs you can buy which come with bonus Clubcard points, each of which lasts a month:

Pay £10, get 3GB data / 500 minutes / 5000 texts and 1000 Clubcard points (2400 Avios, 2500 Virgin miles)

Pay £15, get 6GB data / 1000 minutes / 5000 texts and 1500 Clubcard points (3600 Avios, 3750 Virgin miles)

Pay £20, get 8GB data / 2000 minutes / 5000 texts and 2000 Clubcard points (4800 Avios, 5000 Virgin miles)

Note that no other value of Rocket Pack will trigger bonus Clubcard points.

Here is the small print:

Available to new customers only with purchase & top-up of their Rocket Pack SIM or handset. For purchases between 25 February – 28 April 2019.  Requires the linking of your Clubcard and Tesco Mobile phone number which can be done online at tescomobile.com, points issued within 28 days of satisfying eligibility requirements. Points capped at 2000 depending on value of Rocket Pack purchased. Each Clubcard number is eligible to qualify only twice.

As you can do it twice per Clubcard account, the maximum number of points you can earn is double the limits I mention above.

I have uploaded a photo of the T&C’s here.

If you are wondering why I have written down all the small print, it is because the Tesco Mobile website is up the spout.

On the ‘SIM only’ home page (click here) you see this:

…. but that’s it!  When you click through, there is no more information.  Nothing.

All of the information I have published above comes from the Tesco Mobile concession inside the massive Cromwell Road shop, where I picked up a brochure and took some pictures of a promotional poster.

The rules make it clear that you can do this offer twice per Clubcard account.  This would mean, if you ordered two SIM cards and bought a £20 Rocket Pack for each, you’d earn 9,600 Avios or 10,000 Virgin Flying Club miles for £40.

(Lloyd makes a good point in the comments though. Whilst the rules say that you can do this twice per Clubcard number, are you actually a ‘new customer’ when you activate the 2nd SIM?)

Importantly, please note that the Rocket Packs roll over each month if you don’t cancel via the Tesco Mobile website.

And the situation gets messier:

The Tesco Mobile is screwed and does not allow you to insert your Clubcard number when ordering your free SIM.  Whenever I try, you get this error message (this is not my actual number but you get the same message regardless):

Looking at comments on HFP yesterday, this is a known issue.  (EDIT:  looking at the comments below, some people are getting it to work today.)  The call centre encourages you to sign up now to get your SIM and add your Clubcard number later via www.mytescomobile.com.  You must do this BEFORE you order your first Rocket Pack.

I assume that if you sign up via a Tesco Mobile concession in your local store this is not an issue.

Conclusion

What we have here is an excellent offer which allows you to pick up 9,600 Avios per Clubcard for just £40.

However, the Tesco Mobile website is messed up in multiple ways.  Not only is there no mention of the offer, apart from the banner ad above, some people can’t enter your Clubcard number whilst ordering your free SIM.

You may want to persevere now.  Order a free Tesco Mobile SIM via the website here, link it to your Clubcard after you’ve registered it and then order your first Rocket Pack.  You will still have met the terms of the offer as your Clubcard will be linked to the SIM at the point of ordering the Rocket Pack.

On the other hand, you might want to take the view that, as the offer runs to 28th April, Tesco Mobile may get things sorted out and perhaps you should wait.

PS.  For clarity, whilst this article discusses taking Avios or Virgin Flying Club miles with your Clubcard points, my current preferred Clubcard redemption is Uber credit at 3 x face value.  I’d rather swap 2,000 Clubcard points for £60 of Uber credit than 4,800 Avios or 5,000 Virgin miles.  You would also have the option of taking £60 of Hotels.com credit.

Important dates for your diary - offers about to close which you shouldn't miss (March '19)
Lufthansa Miles & More launches discounted 'Early Bird' flight awards - with catches

Comments

1. Premgenius says:

I was able to enter a Clubcard number whilst ordering a new SIM, no error message appeared

• Kieran says:

Was it a Clubcard credit card number or just a generic (blue) Clubcard number? If I remember rightly, they are different.

• Stu R says:

Mine is a CC credit card number – I reckon it’s the 18 digit card numbers that aren’t working, the 16 digit ones seem to work fine.

2. Stu R says:

I too was able to enter my Clubcard number. And at my legacy rate of 800 Avios per £2.50 in points, I reckon 12,800 for £40 is a steal …. thanks!

• How did you manage to secure this legacy rate?

• RussellH says:

If you changed Clubcard Points to Avios in the olden days when the rate was 800 Avios per £2.50, then that rate is hard wired into your Clubcard Account.

• Shoestring says:

I thought it was also something to do with taking a card product that offered superior 800 points rate with no end date?

anyway – I was working abroad so missed out! 🙂

• You had to spend £x,000 in Tesco over a 3-month period. This is 10+ years ago it was scrapped though.

Legacy deals are great. Quite a few of us on here don’t pay for our BAPP cards for similar reasons.

• Shoestring says:

I don’t reckon I ever got anything much better than the rest of you, sad to say.

Apart from my Orbis Investments matched £100 ISA a year ago, when I was too poorly to share the deal.

You put in £100 – they put in £100, I am up 12% on the investment plus £100 on my little ISA Y-O-Y, that is +112% in my books so worth 11000 Virgin/ Avios points for a £100 stake any day of the week.

They will probs repeat the offer come April 6th.

• Shoestring says:

blame the bloody cat that I didn’t share it but I’m sharing it now, not that there is a deal just yet – wait until April 6th

• Spurs Debs says:

I don’t remember that. I’ve got mine as I’ve been changing tesco points into ba points since time began. I also get a better deal than most as I get 10% of tesco purchases due to Son working for them and I get his staff discount.

• Genghis says:

@Spurs Debs that’s a lot of food!

• Spurs Debs says:

Genghis I really miss Tesco Direct lol

3. Jonah says:

Sounds like a massive PITA if I’m being honest. But I accept that others might feel otherwise. Might just sit back a while yet.

• Nick_C says:

Even if it takes an hour of your time, you are paying £40 to get something worth £96. £56 net for an hours work. Worth it for me.

• Shoestring says:

AJonah – agreed – I think I’ll wait until I can screenshot some T&Cs. Or some people report success with the points. If I miss out by waiting, I’m not really bothered either

• Question is will the points go on immediately or when next statement is generated? Not too worried about screenshots if t&c are on leaflets and posters in-store.

• Julian says:

Personally totally agree that unless you are an existing 1 month contract SIM only customer of another network (ag GiffGaff in my case who are also an O2 MVNO, which is the only network that has satisfactory signal inside my home) who might have good reason to need this much air time with Tesco Mobile and leave your current pay monthly SIM only product that it all sounds like a huge PITA that is not worth it for this number of Avios. If you could earn 50,000 Avios by going through all these hand springs then it might be worth it.

So hence to me why the Iberia offer (which I unfortunately didn’t see in time) was worth all the hassle but this one doesn’t seem to be.

4. With the complete cutback of clubcard point promotions,what is Tesco’s reasoning when they do decide to make it a points offer rather than a cost discount like they normally do now? Interested to know who makes this decision and what they anticipate the outcome will be?

• Shoestring says:

A cost discount wouldn’t really work here.

The points incentive is there as a nice big juicy carrot to hook you in (mixing metaphors!) – then obvs they hope you remain a repeat monthly payment customer.

The Clubcard points will have an internal cost in £££ terms. This is allocated in the marketing budget against the product concerned, seen as the cost of recruiting new consumers.

• Mr. AC says:

To be honest this is the rare case where the offer will work as intended for me. I have family coming over from overseas that will need a PAYG sim card. I would’ve just went with my current telco, but with the offer on the table I’ll get this sim instead (and probably will keep and renew it out of convenience, so Tesco will make back the money it used to “bribe” me).

5. Annabelle says:

If you’re already a pay monthly customer with Tesco mobile would they see me as a ‘new customer’ in terms of this promotion?
    Thanks

• Also interested in knowing this too

• Julian says:

I suspect it depends on whether you go to the trouble to use a different credit card and a different version of your first name to create an entirely new Tesco Mobile account. Ideally a use credit card where your first name is already displayed differently from the one you currently use with Tesco Mobile eg current name on card Mr Andrew Bloggs and name on substitute card is A B C Bloggs

But I say all this hassle isn’t even vaguely worth it for this piffling number of Avios.

6. Scott says:

The CC number worked fine just now for me.

Shame I took out a new contract only last week, but will give this a go.

7. I think the Clubcard numbers are something like 18 digits long but some are only 16 – if you have the shorter number you need to add two 00’s to the front of it. I do this for the monthly shopping surveys.

8. Darran says:

Is it per number or per account? I have both a credit card Clubcard number and a blue card Clubcard number which are linked to the same account.

• Wording is ‘number’.

• RussellH says:

I only have one surviving Clubcard number. But when I log in, the system claims that my a/c no. is the one that was on the MasterCard that I cancelled about 9 months ago.

9. Stupid question… Assume you need two.sim cards ordered, wait to receive them both and then top them both up with a rocket pack?

10. The terms seem to say only two per clubcard number. We have half a dozen numbers on our account.

It is Rob’s words that say account.

Of course the new customer might ruin that unless we can use our Teddy and other bears that reside with us….

• I am sure it is per account regardless of numbers associated with it. At £20 a pop on each number it is a big risk if Tesco play hardball. Safest approach is 2 Sims associated with a single clubcard number. Bonus is given on first top up only for each sim.

11. Shoestring says:

Don’t forget you’ll get a credit card search recorded against you

12. I have uploaded a photo of the rules. See here https://www.headforpoints.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/Tesco-terms.jpeg

• Shoestring says:

Thanks. I see they couldn’t even get the dates right for points cut-off timing – not 28th April but 28th July, I guess, for the August statement

13. John G says:

I was with Tesco Mobile in 2013, and wondering with the time passed if I would be considered a “new customer”?

My address and email address have changed since then, though of course my clubcard no is the same. I could maybe use the clubcard no on my Tesco credit card.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks

• Did they have rocket packs then? Isn’t the bonus for adding your first rocket pack? If so, I cannot see that it matters if one is an existing or previous customer so long as they have not applied a rocket pack.

14. Lloyd says:

Probably me being daft, but if the promotion is for “new customers only”, would you not be treated as an existing customer when you activate the second SIM and rocket pack?

fair point!

• That is a good point!

• A way around to be sure. Have two different people on the sim accounts, but on one clubcard account. It will work if you had 2 people to sign up in a household. That way, everyone is a new customer, but you only use one clubcard account to get points.

• Lloyd says:

That was my initial thought, otherwise, I was wondering if my wife and I could both get the deal with our respective clubcards, that would have netted us 19200 points for £80.

• Shoestring says:

if your wife & you have different Clubcard a/cs, then same address shouldn’t matter as that is not excluded in the T&Cs. (Think about the many people who share addresses but have independent finances eg students/ unmarried adults – clearly the address doesn’t matter.)

But bear in mind the point that it is first sign-up only per account-address combo.

• See my point immediately above.

• Shoestring says:

Easy enough to get round it with new Clubcard a/c & new address (eg your mum’s) – wait until you get the points awarded then ask CS to combine the a/cs

15. I saw “Get 9600 Avios…” and I smiled a happy smile at memories of Lego!
    Two SIM cards ordered, with CC number accepted. Thanks Rob!

16. Craig says:

I’ve tried 2 different club card numbers on my account, both 18 digits and am getting the error message.

• Which browser? Tesco website is very capricious about Chrome but works ok in Mozilla (or vice versa?). But definitely one is working while the other is not

• Jonathan says:

Firefox worked fine

• phatbear says:

ive just tried firefox and mine didnt work, ive got a 16 and 18 digit cc numbers but neither worked also tried chrome and that wasnt having it either

• Craig says:

Tried Firefox, Chrome and Safari. Also tried on my iPad.

Works on Edge, Opera, IE

• Craig says:

Not for me, just tried Edge. The weird thing is if I add 00 to the end of the 16-digit it works and if I leave the last 2 numbers off the 18-digit it works!

17. hhibs says:

No luck putting clubcard number,tried the suugested “add 00 to the number.Tried customer care,they couldn’t do it either. N o wonder Tesco are struggling if they cannot get a basic website right,

18. Julian says:

I seriously can’t believe there is so much interest in this when the total bonus Avios is so modest and so much hassle is involved to earn them…………………

• TGLoyalty says:

£40 of Uber credit for free is much more worthwhile.

• Considering lots of people on here are prepared to pay more than double this price per avios…

• It’s not a lot of work. Buying £10 mobile phones with 1000 points and selling them on eBay was work.

Popping down to Heathrow after work to buy £9000 of Sterling travellers cheques for cash to earn 9000 Avios – which were paid into my bank account the next day – was time consuming ….

• Julian says:

I’m surprised they were prepared to take this much cash from you without starting a full blown money laundering investigation. Also how were you insured if you were knocked over the head and robbed of the £9,000 or if you simply lost the envelope containing this much cash?

For someone who claims that he is not an aviation geek it seems surprising you have been prepared to go through so many handsprings purely in order to be able to take more flights and holidays.

So I presume that this therefore means that you and your wife are instead five star hotel luxury hotels geeks?

By contrast I didn’t find it very difficult at all to earn 50,000 Avios from Nutmeg as that was just one form transferring an existing ISA across to them. Whether my money has been well invested at Nutmeg is of course a different matter.

Basic point is that I’m motivated to make lots of efforts to earn 50,000 or 90,000 Avios in one hit but it hardly seems worth getting out of bed for only 5000 Avios.

• This was 15-20 years ago when I wasn’t married, so taking 2 hours out my ‘nothing on’ evenings to take the tube to Heathrow and back wasn’t a major strain. It was totally free points.

You also forget that a) you needed FAR fewer miles for a flight 15-20 years ago and b) there were no BA Miles card sign-up bonuses then, at least none of any size. 9,000 Avios for a quick trot to the airport was easy.

• Peter K says:

Ah, Julian. He of the “churning cards is too much effort and should be banned”. Maybe you are on the wrong website 😉

• Peter K says:

Ah, Julian. He of the “churning cards is too much effort”. Maybe you are on the wrong website 😉

• Genghis says:

It’s a bit of fun, a hobby. I ordered my sims a few days ago.

19. I somehow ended up with 4 (!) Clubcard numbers (because they give you a new one each time when you apply for a new product regardless of whether you already have one or not, similar to BA when they closed Avios accounts and opened a new BAEC account for everyone without asking). Anyway, they are all linked to my main Tesco account so I can’t be bothered. But now it could be a good opportunity to try to take up this mobile offer 8 times. Do you think they will allow me to do that?

• the_real_a says:

No – they define it as clubcard account not clubcard numbers. In the past they have removed points based on this (game pre-orders)

20. Whats the safest way of getting two on one cc number? Order 2 free sims in different names at the same address?

Can someone else at the same address then order another 2 with diff names on a different cc number?

• Shoestring says:

safest way is as I mentioned earlier – get 2 on 2 different CC a/cs at different addresses, wait until the points post then ring CS to get the a/cs combined

21. Alex D says:

Entered my 18 digit standard blue card number and worked first time. This was on Chrome

22. Duncab says:

To get the CC number to work, use this format 123456 123456 123456
    ie numbers in blocks of six, with 2 gaps. This works every time on every browser I have tried.

23. Scott says:

Picked up a sim card today and bought a £10 Rocketpack.
    Added my CC number to a new account and then the top up voucher.
    Seems to have worked fine so far, but no idea if I need to make a call other than to the 4444 Top-Up number, leave things active for a while or what.
    Not sure why the T&Cs say your pack with auto renew. Not given them any bank or debit/credit card details or been asked for anything financially related for a Pay&Go sim.

I’ve got 2 clubcards for my account. Lost the first and ordered a new one that came with a new number. Then found the old one, but both still work fine.

• Supposed to be get sim, activate and top up, text relevant code to add rocket pack. Doubt the way it is dine will make any difference provided a clubcard number is associated with mobile number before rocket pack is added.

24. I can’t get it to accept any of my clubcard numbers, using safari

safari so bad

• safari so sh** 🙁 Had an ipad for about a week now and I’m ready to heave it out the window, it is just so laborious, clumsy and user-unfriendly in doing the simplest tasks when compared to android. Called Samsung today and they will give me around £250 (£27 more than I paid) for it plus £100 off against a Tab S4 so I guess I’ll be down the shop tomorrow 🙂

• Safari worked fine for me …. and always has!

25. Can you get a new SIM instore or do you need to order online?

• Scott says:

I ordered one online this morning and got another in-store, also buying a £10 top-up.

26. graham says:

does anyone know if you can do the whole process in store as it looks like Scott did it this way. can you please confirm this was the case Scott

• Scott says:

I just picked a 99p sim up at the till and was asked how much I wanted to top it up by. Went for £10 as not sure if this works yet – want to see the points before I abuse things a bit 😉
      Have ordered another free sim online that I’ll use should this work.

Put the sim in my phone, went online and set up a basic account (enter the phone number on the sim and they send a pin). Added my clubcard number.
      Then added the voucher code on the receipt from the till by dialing 4444 on the phone and pressing 1 a couple of times etc.
      Waited an hour until a message arrived saying my Rocket pack was active etc.
      Made a random phone call just to test things and to make sure things were active.

As I said, no idea about the points. They might appear in a couple of days or so like with Tesco Direct, or maybe at quarter’s end.
      Don’t really want to spend loads yet if they don’t appear.

• Scott, did you do a normal £10 top up and then text the code to add the rocket pack or are you saying you got a voucher that added a rocket pack directly?

• Scott says:

I bought a sim pack for 99p and a separate £10 top up.
          I got a till receipt with a 16 digit code that you add to your account (or someone else’s) whenever you want. The sim has not be used or activated so the top-up isn’t connected to any particular account etc.

I created an online account and added my clubcard number before I put the code in to add the credit / Rocket Pack.

• Scott says:

Think for a new account, you can’t initially buy a top-up online, at least without verifying credit or debit card details first, but it’s fine if done in a shop or wherever.

• Hi Scott, did you get the points from buying in-store? Thanks

27. Freddy says:

Sounds like a right faff which will end up with a load of missing points to chase…much preferred Tesco direct Lego points

28. Richard M says:

Just ordered a free SIM online. Entered Clubcard number straight-away. Elsewhere on the tescomobile website it says that the first £10 top-up will automatically convert to a Rocketpack……

29. Peter K says:

I can’t seem to post under this usual name.

30. Peter K K says:

Hey Rob, I can’t post using my usual name on here.

• Peter K. says:

If I use just Peter K my comments vanish into the ether? Been like it 2-3 days now!?

• Weird. Should be OK. We can’t actually block by user name.

I’ve just released the ones in spam, albeit I immediately deleted them as they were tests. That may cause the spam software to look at you more leniently!

31. Peter 64K says:

32. L Gibbs says:

What about rewarding those of us who have been Tesco mobile customers for quite a few years with some extra clubcard points!

• Don’t be silly! You surely know that long term, loyal customers, just get screwed nowadays by big business, and that’s exactly why a lot of people enjoy screwing them back with any opportunity available to them! 🙂

33. avidsaver says:

I’m confused or am I missing something? Please, please correct me if I’m wrong.

My interpretation of the T’s and C’s is as follows:

A Clubcard number (not account) is eligible for this offer only twice but the points earned per cc number are capped at 2000. Surely this means that you can only credit either one month’s £20 Rocket Pack (2000 points) per cc number or two (consecutive months) of £10 Rocket Packs and not as suggested in the article 2 x £20 Rocket Packs which would exceed the 2000 points cap regardless of using two Sims.

• Yes, I tend to agree. I’m limiting my purchase to 1 X £20 right now, unless I hear from others via this, or any other site that 2 X actaully works, prior to the end of the promotion.

• From the T’s and C’s, the first line read:

“Available to new customers only with purhcases & top up of their FIRST Rocket Pack SIM or Handset”

So I think two consecutive months of £10 will only yield you 1000 club points, since the second Rocket Pack will clearly not be eligible.

Not too sure about the line “Points capped at 2000 depending on the value of Rocket Pack purchased” though.

I guess we have to wait until 28 days after the start of promo at least to know whether a 2nd SIM is eligible.

34. Totally baffled with this one. Finally picked up a couple of Sims today. Popped one in my phone and it registered on Tesco network. Made a call and called the number, it works. But, how do I add the clubcard number, Tried the app and online account page, neither will send me a pin. Called CS on 4445 and it states number is not recognised.

• RichardExpress says:

Tesco Mobile website. Don’t use manage my account instead under “Pay as you go account” sign in using phone number and they will send you a pin to log in. Then add Clubcard is listed on right hadn’t side

• It’s on the cardboard Sim pack – text CLUBCARD to 28578, then reply to the next text with your card number.

35. Is it 2 rocket packs for 1 Sim during the offer period, or do I need 2 sims with one rocket pack on each?

36. RichardExpress says:

Does anyone know if you can convert Clubcard points to avios or even flying club miles if the name on the Clubcard account doesn’t match the name on the BAEC account? The address and surname are the same just first name is different?

37. Looks like the site is messed up again: when i try to order a free SIM, it says I have to be in the UK. But I am already – frustrating. Managed to get my first one ordered the other day, came quick along with a new clubcard as I had lost the last one and it is all set up and running despite the tesco mobile site being a bit of a maze.
    Hopefully I can order a second SIM in the coming days and repeat the process to get a second SIM.
    Thanks, Rob. This is a great deal.

• Quick update, was trying via Chrome browser on Windows laptop when the Tesco mobile site was telling me I was outside the UK.
      Just tried via safari browser on iPhone and it was ok….. New SIM ordered.

38. Paul W says:

Having ordered the sim cards and received them today, I can confirm that this is a royal PIA…
    Sims binned, relaxed about it too.
    (in short, I’d be willing to make the investment in time, but I am not convinced I will ever see the points hit my account. The hit and miss approach of entering in excess of 100 digits (mobile numbers (which are not given on the packaging), bank account details, credit card details, new passwords…

Fair play and good luck to those that have persevered! Nothing about this promo is simple (from website navigation, to linking the mobile with clubcard, to buying the right pack to gain the award).

It strikes me that the website has had bits built on top of bit builts and is a complete mess.

Just my opinion 🙂

39. bb0118 says:

Well I’ve followed everything, 2 SIM’s, each with £20 credit added today..
    Will wait and see..!

40. Managed to figure it out…thankfully there was a way to pay by card without entering your bank details on the web (follow the in-text link on the page to the alternative ‘sign up without back acc’). The phone number is also printed in the sim, but by the time you’ve pulled all the extra bits of plastic off so it fits in your phone, you’ve pulled off the bit with the number! The online account confirms the rocket pack is added, cc number etc., and provides a way to ensure it doesn’t renew (though presumably it can’t anyway with no bank a/c)

The 20 points for my top-up landed today in my Tesco’s CC account labelled ‘Tesmobpay’. Unsurprisingly, no 2,000 point bonus yet. Do report back if and when you receive bonus!

41. MS Kirk says:

Just contacted Tesco Mobile via web chat to enquire how the process works and here is their response:

‘As per the process you’ll need to register your Clubcard before May statement cut-off date (28th April) to ensure your points are applied in time to appear on the next statement.
    After this our concerned team will let you know you’ve qualified and met the conditions to get the Clubcard points via SMS once the Rocket Pack has been bought and you have registered your Clubcard,’

Will wait and see if anyone is successful before buying another Rocket Pack for the second sim

42. 2000 points posted overnight for the £20 rocket pack I bought on 09 March.

43. So it seems like a 10 day turnaround. I purchased rocket pack on 14th so will report back end of this week.

44. I purchased a £20 Rocket Pack on 16/03 and 20 points hit my clubcard account dated 16/03
    No sign of the 2000 yet??

45. Richard says:

Got a text message on one sim card saying “Great news -your 2000 extra clubcard points will be added to you next available Clubcard statement. Nothing as yet on sim 2 other than to say clubcard registered with number. Phone calls been made with both cards.

• Shoestring says:

First Rocket pack only – wasn’t that in the rules?

• According to Rob, it was limit 2 per customer!

T&Cs say 1 per customer

If you got 2 you had to use different clubcard a/cs

• Look at Rob’s uploaded photo of the T&Cs – it clearly states ‘each club card number is eligible to qualify only twice’.

And to prove that, I’ve just had 4000 points posted to my only Clubcard account this morning, same number ….

then nice one Stu R

• MS Kirk says:

I bought Rocket Pack 18/3 and received a text yesterday from Tesco moblie:

‘You get 2000 extra Clubcard points with your latest Rocket Pack! ‘

46. Are you able to use the DATA allowance in EU?
    T&Cs seem to mention only UK minutes, text and data.

• TheSkintTraveller says:

Can you use the credit to donate to charity?

• Good idea. Let me know if you find any which work. Is it tax deductible too?

• TheSkintTraveller says:

Just Read on Google that you can use payg credit to donate to charity.

• Tilly71 says:

Didn’t work Rob to pay Cancer research using the text number to donate, got 2 x replies saying didn’t go through.

• daniel m says:

You need to use the £20 PAYG credit to buy the Rocket Pack – at first I was also thinking what a great promo, add £20 to account, then use the £20 to pay for something (some utilities can be paid by text for example). But seems here you have to buy a ROCKET pack, which lasts for 30 days only.

• Mary Berry says:

That’s right – just like the article tells you… (slow hand clap)

47. ive had no texts on 2 sims despite activated and rocket packs added 14/3

48. 4000 Points now posted from one rod with a double hook. Waiting for another rod’s catch. If all goes well, I will attach the second line to my rods and do all over again. Happy days.

• Shoestring says:

is that different a/cs though?

9600 Avios for £40 is pretty good

(but not as good as 10000 for about £15 🙂 )

• Actually one Tesco account with two linked clubcards. So I think I can use it again for the second line/sim. And it could be 12800 Avios for a grandfathered rate member.

• bb0118 says:

Rods – clubcard numbers?
      Hooks – rocket packs?
      Angler – clubcard a/c?

• Andrew Howard says:

I have 2 clubcards linked to one account. I got 2 SIMs and registered one SIM to each clubcard. I then Bought a £20 rocket pack for each and I’ve been credited with the bonus 2000 points for each. If I understand your post, I can purchase a second £20 rocket pack for each SIM and I will receive another 2000 bonus points for each. Is that correct?

49. bb0118 says:

I’ve got multiple clubcard numbers on 1 a/c.
    I used the same clubcard number for 2 sims – as it’s 2 per number apparently.
    The 1st sim used has received the txt with the 2000 points, the other – nothing as yet
    No points added to the pot so far.
    Both sims had rocket packs added 7 days ago.

• Rod – account (single clubcard or more clubcards [hooks])
      Lines – uses of said account.
      It took 7+ days for the first ones to post.

• bb0118 says:

4000 added this morning 🙂

50. Antonio Mateos says:

Is it 2 per clubcard number or 2 per clubcard account?
    I’ve got one account with 3 numbers…

• bb0118 says:

As far as we know it’s per account

• I’ve received 2 x 2000 using the same clubcard number. Have just done 2 x £20 rocket packs for my wifes clubcard and will do a single £20 rocket pack on the other clubcard associated with my account in the week to see if another 2000 are forthcoming, if so I’ll report back and then get a second pack for this number too. The T&C state each clubcard number twice not each clubcard account so fingers crossed. if it works i’ll ask my wife to get a tesco debit card with another clubcard number for another 4000 points.

• TheSkintTraveller says:

Thanks, just remembered I’ve a seperate clubcard no for my tesco credit card, will use that one also.

• bb0118 says:

Andy, well done for going ahead with the wife’s! This is the case with me, 2 sims on one number but have 2 more numbers on the acc. Fingers crossed it works – as if it does, the wife is ordering new sims!!

51. Added Rocket pack today, when will I see the 2000 point in my account? Also, I top up using voucher, so do I still need to cancel next month? They don’t have my back details. As I understood the Rocket pack is a rolling contract. Thanks.

• TheSkintTraveller says:

How do you cancel the rocket pack? I paid by card, I clicked on cancel in my account but never received a confirmation email. Can you text to cancel?

• Took a week for the points to show in my account, may have a received a text sooner to confirm, but didn’t see it as apart from putting the sim in the phone to receive the code to log in online to register the clubcard and then adding the top up voucher by dialling 4444, i’ve not used the phone since

52. Matt B says:

Im a little, confused, would appreicate some help!

So I ordered my sim and put it in a spare phone this evening. I went to the tesco website put in my phone number and it sent me a text with a pin I used to get login.

I then entered my clubcard number, but when i tried to top up it sent me to another part of the tesco website where it says I need to create an account? Is this just a way of creating a permanent account and do I even need to do it?

Can I just go into tesco, buy a £20 top up at the till, then ring 4444 to use this top up to buy the rocket pack? I rang that number earlier and it just said I cant top up for the first time over the phone.

Thanks

• Yes you will have to go into Tesco and buy a £20 Rocket Pack, the first top up cannot be done over the phone or online. Once you have the top up voucher, call 4444 and it’s an easy automated process to apply the voucher to your account. you will quickly receive a text to say the rocket pack is active etc.

• You can top up online. I never got a confirmation text but a check of my clubcard showed the points posted a few days later.

• Tilly71 says:

I managed first SIM top up online, 2nd gave me problems with payment cards so popped down the local PO, paid amex for a top up voucher.

• MS Kirk says:

I was able to do my first top up online.

Create an account and then ‘Top up now’. There was 2 different ways to do this – giving bank details or using a card ( I used a card) You buy £20 and then go back to the ‘Welcome to My Tesco mobile’ page. (the one that you entered the mobile no in and they send you a pin)

Your top up balance will show there. Choose The Rocket pack option and then choose which one.

This did take me a while to work out but I got there in the end.

53. Optimus Prime says:

Do you need to get another SIM to get the second batch of 2000 points or can you buy a second Rocket Pack for the same SIM next month?

• The terms stipulate ‘new customers’ and ‘first Rocket Pack’ so I am using new sims for each

54. Wongster says:

The relevant £20 Rocket Packs – can we buy them in store?

55. Colin Davies says:

I am pleased to say I have a good news story. Bought 2 £20 Rocket Packs at my local store. Registered them using 4444 and linked my clubcard on line. After previous comments was shocked and pleasantly surprised to see 4000 points after only 8 days.

• TheSkintTraveller says:

Anyone got the 2000 points on account that already has a tesco contract phone connected to? I know in the terms it states only new customers but stranger things have happened.

• Good news indeed. I take it that was with 2 sims.

56. does anyone have any experience trying to get this to work in the event that you do not have an unlocked phone? So nowhere to put the SIM(s)?

• Antonio Mateos says:

The SIM card needs to be activated, and this doesn’t happen until you connect to the network….

57. John G says: