Marriott Bonvoy has launched a number of new ‘Marriott Moments’. You can find them here.
It has added a new batch of O2 concert tickets to its website. These are for the renamed Marriott Bonvoy Suite, which comes with full catering and free drinks all night.
Here is a review of a Muse concert from the suite back in the days when it was called the SPG Suite. It is worth reading the review because there are pros and cons of being in the suite as opposed to down on the arena floor.
The concerts currently available are:
- Childish Gambino, 25th March, 20,000 points (late booking reduction!)
- Panic! At The Disco, 29th March, 20,000 points (late booking reduction!)
- Drake, 2nd April, 45,000 points
- Take That, 3rd/4th/5th/10th May, 45,000 points
- Olly Murs, 18th May, 45,000 points
- Rita Ora, 24th May, 60,000 points
- The Vamps, 25th May, 45,000 points
- An Evening with Mark Knopfler And Band, 28th May, 45,000 points
- An Evening with Michael Buble, 31st May/1st June, 60,000 points
- Hugh Jackman: The Man. The Music. The Show, 2nd/6th/7th June, 45,000 points
- Badu x Aiko, 9th June, 60,000 points
- Lenny Kravitz, 11th June, 60,000 points
- Westlife, 14th/15th June, 45,000 points
- Backstreet Boys, 17th/18th June, 60,000 points
- Quincy Jones, 23rd June, 60,000 points
- Cirque du Soleil: Toruk, 26th/27th/28th/29th/30th June, 15,000 points (not in the suite)
- Mrs. Brown’s Boys D’Musical, 6th July, 15,000 points
- Kiss, 11th July, 60,000 points
- Ariana Grande, 17th/20th August, 60,000 points
The first three have been available for a while but the remainder are new. If I was in London I would definitely try to get tickets to see Hugh Jackman: The Man. The Music. The Show, and possibly Panic! At The Disco as it’s been 12 years since I’ve last seen them, at a way smaller venue.
Other Marriott Moments available are:
- BBL Playoff Finals, 19th May, 45,000 points
- Unibets Premier League Darts, 23rd May, 45,000 points
All pricing is for two tickets with full hospitality in the suite, except where noted.
There are also various auction packages still available for the Manchester United v West Ham match on 12th April. These include full hospitality.
You can buy or bid for the events here.
How to earn Marriott Bonvoy points and status from UK credit cards (September 2022)
There are various ways of earning Marriott Bonvoy points from UK credit cards. Many cards also have generous sign-up bonuses.
The official Marriott Bonvoy American Express card comes with 20,000 points for signing up, 2 points for every £1 you spend and 15 elite night credits per year.
You can apply here.
You can also earn Marriott Bonvoy points by converting American Express Membership Rewards points at the rate of 2:3.
Do you know that holders of The Platinum Card from American Express receive FREE Marriott Bonvoy Gold status for as long as they hold the card? It also comes with Hilton Honors Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold and MeliaRewards Gold status. We reviewed American Express Platinum in detail here and you can apply here.
EDIT: Until 25th October 2022, there is an exceptionally generous sign-up bonus on The Platinum Card. You will receive 60,000 Membership Rewards points – double the usual amount – and £200 to spend at Amex Travel. You need to spend £6,000 within six months to earn the bonus.
You can also earn Marriott Bonvoy points indirectly:
- American Express Gold (20,000 bonus Amex points)
- American Express Rewards Credit Card (10,000 bonus Amex points)
and for small business owners:
- American Express Business Gold (20,000 bonus Amex points)
- American Express Business Platinum (40,000 bonus Amex points)
The conversion rate from American Express to Marriott Bonvoy points is 2:3.
(Want to earn more hotel points? Click here to see our complete list of promotions from the major hotel chains or use the ‘Hotel Offers’ link in the menu bar at the top of the page.)