Flybe launching London Heathrow to Isle of Man

Flybe has announced a new service from Heathrow to the Isle of Man.

Starting on 21st April and using a 78-seat Bombardier Q400 aircraft, it is initially scheduled to run for the Summer season to 26th October.

It will, apparently, be the first direct flight in nearly 20 years between the two airports.  The service will operate daily, leaving the Isle of Man at 13.50 and landing at Heathrow at 15.10.  The return flight departs at 17.05 and arrives in the Isle of Man at 18.25.

It is not clear where the slot is coming from, but it is presumably a Virgin Atlantic, Delta, Air France or KLM slot which someone else had been slot sitting on their behalf.

Flybe lanches Isle of Man to Heathrow

Flybe will also be flying from the Isle of Man to Birmingham, Liverpool and Manchester this Summer and is currently running a seasonal ski service to Geneva.

Tickets are available now at flybe.com.  I’m not sure if they will be made available for Avios redemption or not, given that the Flybe partnership with Avios ends on 30th April.

You will still earn Avios on cash flights to the Isle of Man as long as both the outbound and return legs are completed by 30th April.

Miles & More devaluation coming in May
How to earn Avios when you pre-order currency from Travelex

Hilton Sale

Comments

1. Do sales ever come up for Hong Kong – or is it one of those destinations that are just expensive all the time? I’m going in November.

• Me too … I’m going in Nov and Hong Kong seems even more expensive than usual for that time. Might just be that it’s too soon to book anything reasonable. Usual hotels seem stratospheric in price!

• Oh well, that’s useful to know I’ll hang on a bit.

• Yes…if worst comes to worst could always use points…the Hilton Garden Inn in Mong Kok isn’t bad..location is slightly inconvenient but its fine for 30,000 Hilton Points a night. Breakfast is adequate. Much prefer the Novotel Kowloon on Nathan Road but looks too expensive at the moment

• I stayed in the Langham for £120 a night including breakfast. Good prices do come up sometimes!!

2. krys_k says:

Re Hilton offer. A couple of questions please.
    1. Can this be combined with any current Hilton offers. I’m unclear.
    2. Timely offer as I need to book three nights in Singapore – and therefore Conrad seems a good choice. Anyone been recently, has it been spruced up. My stay a couple of years ago in an Executive Room felt like a visit to an 80s Bond villain’s boudoir.
    3. How are they with upgrades for Hilton Gold? (from standard to exec)
    Much thanks.

• Matt B says:

3. I’m 3 for 3 at the doubletree near one of my offices for what its worth.

Doesn’t already to be much difference over a normal room, just a desk and use of the minibar which just has a coke, fanta and strangely a tin of pringles

• Crafty says:

Wouldn’t stay there again myself. Feels dated. No real Platinum recognition. Dismissive staff. Great lounge (for our needs) though.

3. Emirates still offering amenity kits on day flights, got them on F DXB-LON and DXB-LAX, on both saw them offered to J passengers too. Although on my DXB-LON flight I had to ask for it as they’d missed me out when I’d gone to the bathroom

4. OT – has anyone had issue with AMEX online account today? Won’t let me log in at all.

• Lev441 says:

Yep. Also offers not showing up ‘not available’ is often coming up which is frustrating.

• Yes! I’m trying to pay my balance and the app and website is full of errors! Grrr

• Same for me. App and Website glitchy to say the least. Was working fine this morning.

5. Shoestring says:

O/T Worldremit – this outfit is a new force in sending money abroad, online:
    [With WorldRemit, you can send your money to over 140 countries worldwide. Depending on where you’re sending your money, you can send it in up to four ways:
    Mobile Money
    Bank Transfer
    Cash Collection
    Airtime Topup]

I did the simple bank transfer from UK to our bank in the place in the sun. Paid on debit card.

***They offer attractive first time customer bonus*** – currently £50 bonus when you remit at least £100.

WR were happy to allow myself, my wife & my son to all become customers, for 3x bonus, we sent money on the same debit card to the same foreign bank a/c.

Not all of you will have an a/c abroad for a bank transfer – but you might want to look into the other 3 methods.

• Shoestring says:

Forgot to mention another important bit: the FX rate offered was unbeatable by HIFX (now XE)/ Moneycorp by a big margin – and therefore better by a country mile than any rate you’ll find on the high street.

• I tend to use western union. Fee free to a bank account and rates close to spot when sending over £1001

• Shoestring says:

Do they give you £50 bonus for your first remit? And another £50 for your wife’s first remit? And another £50 for your son?

• I’ve used up those offers already in the past. Can only be used once.

• Shoestring says:

Sí, claro 🙂

• I’ve used them a couple of times, mostly to take advantage of a certain rebate from the site that shouldn’t be named. Both times it worked flawlessly.

• Ditto! Was great deal with offer. Used my N26 EUR account to receive funds.

6. J Monty says:

Te Emirates amenity kits, I requested one on a day flight and was told they didn’t issue them

7. hi does anyone know how to get through to the hilton diamond line when the software requests a 5 digit zipcode after giving your account number?

thanks

• Andrew says:

If you had to type in the numbers to complete a credit card transaction when asked for your ZIP in the USA or online and your Postcode is:-

EH1 1YZ – Type 11000
      G23 9WW – Type 23900

ie take the numeric digits from your postcode and then add 0s on the end to fill in the gaps.

The Hilton system might be programmed in the same way…

• Agree in general although I find it doesn’t work for this as it’s trying to match with your account and they don’t seem to have translated it for non-US accounts. Once you get it wrong a few times it should let you through to speak to someone, or just call and don’t give any account number until you get an agent.

8. Hilton Sale