Etihad has launched two new discount codes, worth up to 15% off the cost of a flight booked over the next two weeks.
The codes are:
- 15% off Economy Class flights – EYECO15
- 15% off Business Class flights – EYBUS15
Here are the rules:
- Book by 15th April
- Economy: travel outbound between 1st May and 30th June, return by 31st July
- Business: travel outbound between 1st July and 31st August, return by 31st August
- Discount only applies to the base fare, so the actual discount will be noticeably lower than 10% in Economy and a little lower than 10% in Business
- Valid for departures from the UK, Ireland, Germany, Switzerland, France, Spain, Italy and Netherlands
You can book via the Etihad website here.
Your best option to maximise your miles when paying is American Express Preferred Rewards Gold. This offers double points – 2 per £1 – when you when you book flight tickets directly with an airline. Our review of Amex Gold is here.
and Etihad Guest launches a 20% transfer bonus ….
Etihad Guest has launched another of its occasional transfer bonuses.
For UK residents, the key transfer partners which will trigger a 20% bonus are:
Le Club AccorHotels
IHG Rewards Club
World of Hyatt
Shangri-La Golden Circle
It is important to note who is NOT on the list – American Express Membership Rewards. You will not get a bonus if you transfer from here. Note that Etihad Guest is no longer a Heathrow Rewards partner.
Transfers must be made by 30th April. The bonus will be added in a separate transaction within 15 working days of the end of the promotion.
How to earn Etihad Guest miles via UK credit cards
As a reminder, Etihad no longer has its own UK credit card. However, you can earn Etihad Guest miles by converting Membership Rewards points earned from selected UK American Express cards. These are:
American Express Preferred Rewards Gold – 10,000 Membership Rewards points sign-up bonus
The Platinum Card from American Express – 30,000 Membership Rewards points sign-up bonus
American Express Rewards credit card – 5,000 Membership Rewards points sign-up bonus
Membership Rewards points convert at 1:1 into Etihad Guest miles. The cards above all earn 1 Membership Rewards point per £1 spent on your card, which converts to 1 Etihad Guest mile.
(Want to earn more miles and points from credit cards? Click here to visit our dedicated airline and hotel travel credit cards page or use the ‘Credit Cards Update’ link in the menu bar at the top of the page.)