New Etihad discount codes and a points transfer bonus launched

Etihad has launched two new discount codes, worth up to 15% off the cost of a flight booked over the next two weeks.

The codes are:

• 15% off Economy Class flights – EYECO15
  • 15% off Business Class flights – EYBUS15

Here are the rules:

• Book by 15th April
  • Economy: travel outbound between 1st May and 30th June, return by 31st July
  • Business: travel outbound between 1st July and 31st August, return by 31st August
  • Discount only applies to the base fare, so the actual discount will be noticeably lower than 10% in Economy and a little lower than 10% in Business
  • Valid for departures from the UK, Ireland, Germany, Switzerland, France, Spain, Italy and Netherlands

You can book via the Etihad website here.

Etihad discount code

and Etihad Guest launches a 20% transfer bonus ….

Etihad Guest has launched another of its occasional transfer bonuses.

Details of the bonus are here.

For UK residents, the key transfer partners which will trigger a 20% bonus are:

Le Club AccorHotels

IHG Rewards Club

World of Hyatt

Radisson Rewards

Marriott Rewards

Hilton Honors

Shangri-La Golden Circle

HSBC Premier

Etiahd discount code

It is important to note who is NOT on the list – American Express Membership Rewards.  You will not get a bonus if you transfer from here.  Note that Etihad Guest is no longer a Heathrow Rewards partner.

Transfers must be made by 30th April.  The bonus will be added in a separate transaction within 15 working days of the end of the promotion.

You can find out more here. In addition, if you are not already an Etihad Guest member, you can sign up here and receive 500 bonus miles.

How to earn Etihad Guest miles via UK credit cards

As a reminder, Etihad no longer has its own UK credit card.  However, you can earn Etihad Guest miles by converting Membership Rewards points earned from selected UK American Express cards.  These are:

American Express Preferred Rewards Gold – 10,000 Membership Rewards points sign-up bonus

The Platinum Card from American Express – 30,000 Membership Rewards points sign-up bonus

American Express Rewards credit card – up to 5,000 Membership Rewards points sign-up bonus

Membership Rewards points convert at 1:1 into Etihad Guest miles.  The cards above all earn 1 Membership Rewards point per £1 spent on your card, which converts to 1 Etihad Guest mile.

Etihad Guest is also a partner with the HSBC Premier Mastercard (0.5 miles per £1 spent, reviewed here) and HSBC Premier World Elite Mastercard (1 mile per £1 spent, reviewed here).

How to redeem Avios for low tax US domestic flights - Avios Redemption University – Lesson 13
How Santiago shows up the crazy disparities in Avios pricing - with taxes from £42 to £604!

IHG

Comments

1. OT: I am landing at T5 at 1830 BA and flying out of T4 Airmalta at 2030 with checked in luggage. Assume I have to pick up luggage & drop off does that mean I need to go out to the desks at departure terminal.
    Any advice?

• Chris L says:

I would say that’s ‘ambitious’

• David says:

Is this on two separate tickets? If so, I would make sure I had very good travel insurance, and have a Plan B ready to go for when you miss bag drop at T4…

2. krys_k says:

OT – related to Hilton flash sale in bits a few days ago. I missed out on booking a room using the sale (thought it was open until 2nd, today, but maybe it closed on 1st?). Do these sales come up often? Next time I’ll just book straight away!

3. laineyling says:

O/T and I hope Rob doesn’t object to me posting, please feel free to delete if inappropriate.
    For London based readers there is an app called Rituals that allows you to pre-order from a range of cafes/restaurants for takeaway. if you download with my referral code you get £10 credit.

At the moment there is a £1 food fest with a large number of retailers offering a main/signature dish for a £1, given you can use your credit for this its a pretty good deal. I have used in the City and in Canary Wharf, but not sure what is available in other parts of London.

• The £1 food festival runs until 5 April and covers the City and Canary Wharf eg. at Tossed, Crush, Birleys, island poke, Honi Poké, Wagamama, Nando’s ……..

Using the Rituals app you pre-order a takeaway meal to skip queues. Here’s my referral link if you would like to try, it provides £5 credit upon signing up and a further £5 after your first order

4. Tom W says:

O/T, i’m looking to arrange a Marriot Hotel redemption but rates with breakfast don’t come up when the points option is selected. Any chance it’s included?

Thanks

5. Grimz says:

OT, Do you get a bonus for adding a supplementary card to my BA Amex card? If you do get a bonus is it only for the 1st sup card or for every one you add?

• stevenhp1987 says:

First one you do. No further bonus on additional cards.

Doesn’t seem to trigger if you add it at the application stage though… I had to call Amex to manually credit the 3k points on my Amex Gold and BAPP for this very reason which, to their credit, they did.

6. Grimz says:

I see you can have up to 99 free Supplementary cards, that’s a lot of shop small credit!!

7. Shoestring says:

Reminder in the paper today that Flybe are now strictly enforcing the cabin baggage policy with £50 penalty for small infringements.
    [Cabin baggage allowance and cost: One slim piece of cabin luggage that is no bigger than 55cm x 35cm x 20cm – including any wheels and handles – can be taken on board for free.
    You can also bring another smaller bag no larger than a handbag or laptop case – to be stowed under the seat in front of you for free.
    However, the combined weight of both bags must be no more than 10kg in total.
    Penalty if you exceed the cabin baggage limit: If the hand baggage is found to be too big or heavy at the departure gate you will be fined £50 and the bag will be stowed in the hold.]

8. Rob Mc says:

Just applied for supp card on amex platinum..when is too soon to call priority pass to manually get details for account.. thanks

• I seem to remember I called the next day and they gave me the login for the app over the phone

9. Mr Dee says:

O/T Tesco Mobile Sim
    I topped up with a £20 voucher is that all I need to do or do I need to go through some process to purchase the rocket pack as well?

10. Talay says:

Etihad code doesn’t work.

I saw it elsewhere earlier than here and it didn’t work then.

Error message:

We were unable to apply the promotional discount.
    Search criteria does not qualify for the discount or the promotion code is incorrect/expired.
    You can continue to book using our standard fares.