BA sale

Get FA Cup Final tickets for your Emirates Skywards miles or Amex Membership Rewards points

I thought I’d drop this in as an extra quick item as the tickets may not still be there on Friday morning.

FA Cup Final tickets at Wembley have popped up for redemption with Emirates Skywards miles.  They are NOT a bargain but if you can’t get tickets directly then this is your only option.

Tickets are available in both sections of the ground, so you can choose from either the Manchester City or Watford ends.

Tickets are 26,000 Emirates miles EACH.  These are not hospitality packages.

Use Emirates Skywards miles for FA Cup Final tickets

There ARE VIP hospitality packages up for auction.  Bids start at 40,000 Emirates miles.

Remember that Emirates Skywards miles transfer instantly from American Express Membership Rewards if your accounts are already linked.

You can redeem your Emirates Skywards miles for seats here.

How to earn Emirates Skywards miles via UK credit cards

Emirates no longer has its own UK credit card.  However, you can earn Emirates Skywards points by converting Membership Rewards points earned from selected UK American Express cards.  These are:

American Express Preferred Rewards Gold – 10,000 Membership Rewards points sign-up bonus

The Platinum Card from American Express – 30,000 Membership Rewards points sign-up bonus

American Express Rewards credit card – 5,000 Membership Rewards points sign-up bonus

Membership Rewards points convert at 1:1 into Emirates Skywards miles.  The cards above all earn 1 Membership Rewards point per £1 spent on your card, which converts to 1 Emirates Skywards miles.

Top 10 reasons to get the Virgin Atlantic Reward Mastercard credit card
EXCLUSIVE: BA trialling new Avios pricing - NO taxes but more Avios

Comments

1. Just to say I went to last years final via this method and ticket only was 20k miles. This year’s redemption is 30% more expensive. Seating was Category 1.

2. Mackem says:

How dreadful. Everything that is wrong with the game right here. Tickets for the showcase event of English football should be for the supporters who attend week in week out, not these corporate clowns.

• Spurs Debs says:

It’s beyond annoying if you are a supporter. They have devalued the oldest domestic up beyond belief.

• They are for supporters. I’m a 20 year season ticket holder who goes week in week out and missed out in the ballot last year but was fortunate to pick up a ticket through this.

• Zed, when you say Cat 1 is that level one around towards the halfway line, sorry can you be a bit more specific where the seats were. Reason I ask is my wife has a bad knee I we need somewhere where there’s little standing up and down. Thanks

• Yes, for us last year it was the lowest level tier, no steps up, from the bar area, we exited to the seats by taking a few steps down. Seats were just to the right of centre circle, excellent seats, they are not specific allocated seats to Emirates, I believe they are just given seating in Category 1 going off other Emirates matches I’ve also attended. Unfortunately, the guy next to me was so drunk, he threw up over himself during the first half and we all had to enjoy the lovely sight and smell the rest of the match. 😉 I guess he was a true ‘supporter’

• Zed – that honestly would do my nut in! I would have moved – somewhere – anywhere – or had him removed & his vomit cleaned!!!!

• Shoestring says:

Complete blocks, Mackem. Racism is pretty bad in football currently – and there’s no racism here.

And I can’t see what’s wrong with rich corporate people shoving their money football’s way so that the teams can afford better players.

3. Great thanks for the prompt reply Zed

• Spurs Debs says:

Neil if you are going to use Wembley stadium train station Chiltern Line, be warned they don’t let you use the lifts. There is step free access for your wife but it is a bit of a trek. You can use lifts coming in from tube and walking up Wembley way. Also Wembley have a new bag policy in force, in case your wife uses a big handbag. Check Wembley stadium website for details. If to big they won’t let you bring a bag in and They also have a clear bag policy.

Also if printing tickets at home don’t use a new ink, their scanners won’t work as ink is to thick on barcodes.
      I know I did this 🙄 at that as well!

• Also, for the Emirates ticket, you have to print off the booking confirmation that you receive closer to the time with I.D. – the box office at the stadium will hand you your tickets on the day of the match. Pretty straightforward.

4. Bootlace says:

Zed .

You say you went last year as a 20 year season ticket supporter as you missed out in the ballot, the game last year was Chelsea versus Manchester United, this year its Citeh versus Watford, so are you a supporter of football in general or any particular team that just happens to be in the final?

• Peter K says:

I might have misread it, but he said he went last year but never said he bought tickets for this year…

• That’s right, I didn’t purchase tickets for this year or use my miles to redeem. I’m a Man.Utd season ticket holder for 20 yrs and was unlucky with tickets for the final last year but had miles to redeem through skywards. I am generally a lover of sport and have found Skywards very handy for sporting events which I otherwise couldn’t have had the opportunity to go to eg. US tennis open, F1, football (both UK and abroad). The miles they seek can be expensive and high though.

5. Bootlace says:

Fair play Zed, this year the allocation for both teams is 28000, the remainder are club Wembley/Corporates which are not always taken up (sigh) . Both clubs have been told to expect returns, but much closer to the game date. I agree the miles they want now is silly.