BA sale

Get triple Hilton Honors points on your next stay

Get triple Hilton Honors points on your next stay with this special link.

Hilton Honors has been sending out targeted offers to some members who have not stayed recently.  I got one myself, offering 5,000 bonus points if I complete a two-night stay before the end of June.

This link – click here – leads to another option: triple points on your next stay before 30th June.

Hilton triple points

It seems that anyone can register for this offer, even if they did not receive the email.  The points are posting successfully looking at reports online.  It is up to you whether you want to sign up despite not being targeted, but so far the triple points seem to be arriving without any trouble.

Triple points helps make up for the fact that, with the new ‘Go More, Get More’ promotion (article here) you DON’T get double points on your first stay after 6th May – only stays 2+!

The link to register is here if you want to give it a go.

How to earn Hilton Honors points via UK credit cards

As a reminder, there are various ways of earning Hilton Honors points from UK credit cards.  Many cards also have generous sign-up bonuses!

Do you know that holders of The Platinum Card from American Express receive FREE Hilton Honors Gold status for as long as they hold the card?  It also comes with Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold, Shangri-La Golden Circle Jade and Melia Rewards Gold status.  We reviewed American Express Platinum in detail here.

Click here to read our detailed summary of all UK credit cards which earn Hilton Honors points.  That page is regularly updated with the latest special offers and will still be accurate even if you are reading this article months after publication.

British Airways unveils its new New York JFK business class lounge
Get a 40% bonus buying Hyatt points - and Rhys returns!

Hilton India and SEA sale
BA sale

Comments

1. LewisB says:

OT – Made a BA Holiday booking in the sale. 3 nights in NY (LHR – JFK) for £399pp staying at the Paramount Times Square. Rang BA and they let me upgrade to WT+ on the outbound (no availability on the return). Bargain.

2. Harry says:

OT-
    I have a pre-existing Hertz Account from when I was in Australia and using the benefits associated with the Amex Explorer there. I’m now living in the UK and have just been accepted for the Platinum Amex charge card. To upgrade from Gold to Five Star, do I need to make a new account and link it to my new Platinum Amex, or is there some way to upgrade my status on the existing account?

I ask because I no longer hold the Explorer Australian Amex but I do have 1554 Hertz points in my existing account that I would like to use.

I appreciate this is a bit niche – any help gratefully received.

• Charlieface says:

Adding the Platinum CDP to your account should do the trick, takes a couple weeks. Either 211762 or 633306

• Anyone know whats best for California, two insured drivers?

Cheers

• Harry says:

Thanks, I’ve added the CDP. Was a bit concerned when it didn’t change my status right away. Good to know it’ll work out in the end.

3. Qwerty Bertie says:

OT: Amex platinum travel insurance.

I held the personal version when booking a holiday for this autumn. I have since applied for the business version, which was approved, and I am therefore intending to cancel the personal version once the business one has arrived and been set up.

However, would the above lead to me wiping out the insurance cover as regards that particular holiday, due to the new card not being held at the point of booking, and the old card not being live at the point of travel?

• What does the small business policy say? Personal Plat only lets you pay with a personal Amex. Does Business Plat require you to pay with a Business Amex?

• Qwerty Bertie says:

Thanks Rob, that’s given me a starting point for once the terms arrive with the card.

4. Mark says:

Rob-
    You may want to check & edit the Hilton triple points offer expiry dates. I signed up OK and was suprised to see on my account’s My Offers page:-
    CRM 3X PTS ON NEXT STAY OFFER – Offer valid through March 30, 2020
    I hope that’s correct, rather better than 30th June!

• 2019 is on the registration page so who knows?! Better safe than sorry.

• Mark says:

It also says “Please note this offer is only valid for recipients of the email invitation and is not transferable.” but I wasn’t emailed. They can undo it any time of course.

• My Hilton Honors Account clearly states ‘CRM 3X PTS ON NEXT STAY OFFER. Offer valid through March 30, 2020’. Clarification is somewhat difficult as when I click the ‘Fine print’ hyperlink the dialogue box that pops up is entirely blank!

5. Qwerty Bertie says:

Data point on the HH x3 offer. A stay on Tuesday has posted under my past stays, and the extra points granted. The offer is still showing on my promotions page, and appears to be active until March. However, the real test will be if extra points are granted for the next stay…I will report back in a few days, if it still seems like it would be useful information.