Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Get a 20% discount on Heathrow Express train tickets

Yesterday we ran our annual update on the best way to save money on Heathrow Express tickets.

What I didn’t know is that promo code TAJHOTELS is still working.  This gets you a 20% discount on all Heathrow Express standard tickets type, except Advanced Purchase.

Heathrow Express 20% discount

There is no special landing page.  Use the main booking page here and add the promotional code where indicated.

You can’t earn Avios this way as there is no way to add a code via the heathrowexpress.com/avios portal.  You will earn Heathrow Rewards points.

Comments (111)

• Sandra says:

O/T Has anyone noticed a second IHG Ambassador weekend free night on their account now it has changed from paper to electronic? Renewal is due 30/6 and I was having a look today in the members area and there is an Ambassador free night certificate with a ‘book now’ to be used by 1 July 2019 which fits in with the end of the current membership year. The paper certificate issued after renewal last year was used at the start of April for a weekend at the Budapest Intercon. Nothing planned but I can always fit in a weekend away at half price if it actually works a second time!

• Craig says:

I renewed in Jan and have the link, not sure if it’s the replacement e-cert though?

• Sandra says:

Ok, thanks. It seems to be a new electronic certificate so maybe I’ll give it try and see how far I get without actually confirming the booking!

• Stella64 says:

O/T

I have a couple of nights in Washington in late October with a young child (who likes a fluffy dressing gown at a hotel). Can anyone recommend a hotel to use Bonvoy points? I will have enough points to stay at any of the hotels. None of the hotels on the Bonvoy app really stand out as it will be too cold to use the ones with outside pools. Happy to Uber/Metro around – i.e. we don’t need to be opposite the White House. Any ideas gratefully received.

• SammyJ says:

O/T… I’ve got a reservation using an IHG Free Night certificate (The UK Luxury free night from the start of this year), and need to cancel it. The cert needed to be booked and used by October – if I cancel, does it go back to my account to be used again? Any idea how long that would take? thanks!

• Charlie says:

OT: I needed a few American AAdvantage miles, and found their US e-shopping portal, works similar to the BA one. Anyway there’s an offer for 2 months of electronic edition Wall Street Journal for $1+tax, awarding 1000 miles. Must remember to cancel otherwise it will renew at full price.

I managed to get this to work fine, using a pretend zip code.

• Shoestring says:

nice one 🙂

• Lyn says:

Thank you for this. Be careful when you cancel though. Checking the terms, it is only supposed to work if the subscrtiption is active (not cancelled) for 45 days, only leaving a window of a couple of weeks to cancel.

• Lyn says:

This offer also seems to be available for Alaska miles, although only 700 miles. Useful for keeping Alaska miles active, although they probably wouldn’t post for a couple of months.

• Stella64 says:

O/T – it has been a while since I held an Amex. Can MR be linked to any airline/hotel account? For example, can my wife transfer points to my VS FC account? Thanks.

• Rob says:

No. It is against the rules BUT some schemes are less fussy than others about whether they check first name AND surname, or even the surname. Years ago I did Radisson and Nectar transfers to my wife (diff surname) – not sure if that is possible today.