Tickets for ALL ICC Cricket World Cup games available for Emirates Skywards miles

Tickets for ALL of the ICC Cricket World Cup games have popped up for redemption with Emirates Skywards miles.

(EDIT: Emirates has fixed the website bug and you can now redeem)

I am not a cricket fan, by any means, so I can’t really comment on the value.  I assume that Afghanistan v New Zealand will not be sold out – although 6,000 miles may still be a good deal – but I’d guess that England v West Indies is well worth 15,000 miles.

These are not hospitality packages, for clarity.  They are standard admission tickets.

Games are taking place across England and Wales and start at 4,500 Skywards miles per ticket (Afghanistan v Sri Lanka in Cardiff).  The competition starts on 30th May and ends on 14th July.

See Cricket World Cup 2019 with Emirates miles

Remember that Emirates Skywards miles transfer instantly from American Express Membership Rewards if your accounts are already linked.

You can redeem your Emirates Skywards miles for seats here.

Here is the full list of games available plus the pricing in miles.  Click to enlarge – note that it is four separate images:

See Cricket World Cup with Emirates Skywards milesSee Cricket World Cup with Emirates Skywards milesSee Cricket World Cup with Emirates Skywards milesSee Cricket World Cup with Emirates Skywards miles

How to earn Emirates Skywards miles via UK credit cards

Emirates no longer has its own UK credit card.  However, you can earn Emirates Skywards points by converting Membership Rewards points earned from selected UK American Express cards.  These are:

American Express Preferred Rewards Gold – 10,000 Membership Rewards points sign-up bonus

The Platinum Card from American Express – 30,000 Membership Rewards points sign-up bonus

American Express Rewards credit card – up to 5,000 Membership Rewards points sign-up bonus

Membership Rewards points convert at 1:1 into Emirates Skywards miles.  The cards above all earn 1 Membership Rewards point per £1 spent on your card, which converts to 1 Emirates Skywards miles.

Hilton has launched its annual Summer Sale
Bits: no more Avios from mortgages, British Airways Heathrow terminal switches, seven countries added to UK ePassport gates

Comments

1. Chopin says:

After I looked at the https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dbt5ETrXkAA0nwR.jpg:large , I found the value for this redemption is not good, especially considering the UK skywards miles collector obtain the miles for a higher cost.

• Lots of big games sold out or just the top categories left for sale, so good value as long as you want to go. Emirates football tickets have been for decent seats too in the past

2. Shoestring says:

highly respectable sport where you can sit all day drinking beer in the sun…TBI recommended…

• Bootlace says:

Good job the Ashes are not at TB this year then, some poor bugger may get lumbered sitting next to you Harry!!

• Shoestring says:

yep you’d be wise not to go to the T3 lounges this Friday…

3. Hardik says:

Rob – do u know which category of standard admission is this? Plat, gold, silver or bronze?

• It doesn’t say. They will come from the sponsor allocation so presumably decent.

4. Would be interesting to know which category these tickets are for – the Afghanistan Vs New Zealand match was £19 for the cheapest ticket but these are sold out going up to £75 for the top tickets, which are still available.

Lots of games sold out though so depends on how much people want to see the games

5. Sussex Bantam says:

They’re described as “category 1” tickets – which I guess must mean Gold.

Eng v Aus @ Lords is 18000 miles. About face value for the tickets I guess.

6. OMG!!! Finally something useful for my MR points!!!

I’ve signed up and added an EK account – how long does an initial connection take?

On a totally unrelated point, what was the amex thing where you could buy top-up MR points?

Thanks so much Rob

• **amex –> skywards connection

• so excited can’t type propoerly…

• Should be within 24 hours, transfer are then instant.

You’re thinking of https://www.headforpoints.com/2019/04/20/how-amex-membership-rewards-members-can-buy-miles-for-up-to-50-off-3/

I have no idea how many seats EK has per game. If you are only after a specific match, perhaps ask someone on here who has a big EK balance (which is not me) to double-check before you transfer?

• Sanya says:

Im after India England on the 30th June (husbands birthday as well so ideal present). Would someone please be able to check availability for me before i transfer points?

• Sussex Bantam says:

Mine just linked within about 30 minutes.so you might want to check back frequently

• Sanya says:

Have you transferred any MR yet Suxxex Bantam? Was it instant?

• Sussex Bantam says:

No – I decided against it in the end. I asked myself if I would have paid £180 for a ticket for Eng vs Aus and decided that I wouldn’t !

I have already got tickets for a couple of games anyway so decided that was my limit.

• Its not £180.

10,000 points are redeemed at £50.

So Eng v Aus would be, at 18,000 points around £90. Not bad at all for tickets that are so sought after.

• Sanya says:

That depends on how you value Amex MR points. I have in the past redeemed them for hotels etc at 1p per point, so £180 is a fair estimation.

• Sussex Bantam says:

£90 would indeed by decent value – but I value MR points at 1p each so I get to £180.

Still not bad value for the tickets but throw-in £50 of train fare and another day off work and I’ve decided that I’ll stick with the two games I already have.

7. Right – I sent up and opened an EK account. Linked with MR within 30 mins. Transfers then instant. Booked 2 x tickets for the semi-final. It says there was an ‘error’ processing the order. Support are now looking in to it.

All a bit disappointing…

• Canille55 says:

Same here. Tried for 2 tickets for the final plus one of the group games and it said there is a technical error, try again later. So did the same and have asked support to look into it.

A bit crap really.

• I will be really annoyed if it turns out they actually dont have any tickets. I made an amex transfer specially.

• marcw says:

All sold-out already (ages ago). But EK did not update web?

• Seems unlikely. They only appeared overnight and I doubt Afghanistan has that many fans in Cardiff. Most stuff they have sits for ages unless we cover it.

• Any update from the support team?

• My update:
            Received an error message when completing purchase, no miles taken, not allowing me to purchase again as a new error message earlier on says the max tickets per account you can buy is 2.
            The chat and call centre people cannot deal with it. They asked me to email a special email address for the hospitality team, who are otherwise completely uncontactable. I have emailed them 2 hours ago, no response back yet.

Pretty poor.

• Please can you share the email address of the hospitality team.

8. David D says:

Category 1 is likely to be the Platinum category of tickets.

9. Has anyone successfully purchased any?

10. Sam Collins says:

Heck, i’m looking at England vs Australia, and would get tickets if available. I’m wary about transferring points out of MR though as I barely touch EK these days.

If anyone has successfully got tickets, would they advise?

• I can confirm I have not (yet) got tickets. It comes up with an error when trying to buy them – you can only see the error when the points are in your account and you have clicked the final submit.

I have emailed the hospitality team, who are otherwise completely uncontactable (you cannot call or chat them). It is unclear whether I will get tickets.

Without a strong element of gambling involved, I would NOT recommend anyone transfers points for this until are stories of successful redemptions from those with points already in their account.

• Same experience as BS. Very disappointed with Emirates website as I did the transfer specially for this.

11. I’m not surprised by the shoddy service. Some people still haven’t received tickets for games next week which were purchased last summer

• Shoestring says:

well they should have chased up a bit more energetically! probs Postman Pat is going to the match

• They’re being sent by special delivery but in some cases haven’t even been posted yet. I received mine last week.