BA sale

Final HFP Summer Party tickets on sale at noon!

The final tranch of tickets for the Head for Points Summer Party at Renaissance St Pancras on Monday 8th July will go on sale at noon today, Sunday.

Click here to be taken to the correct Eventbrite page to buy.

Renaissance St Pancras exterior

The first 250 sold out in about a minute on Friday but it will hopefully be a bit more laid back today.  We honestly have no idea how many tickets we could sell because they have always sold out so quickly in the past, but we have doubled our capacity this time.

Thank you to Marriott Bonvoy for their generous sponsorship of the event, which means that your first drink (wine, bottle of beer, soft drink) will be free.   Marriott Bonvoy will also be providing raffle prizes for some lucky guests.

We look forward to seeing you on 8th July, from 6pm to 9pm.  It should be fun!

Radisson Rewards family room redemptions .... a good deal or not?
Good KLM business class sale from 16 UK airports from £1,250

Comments

1. Neil Donoghue says:

Missed out again! Devastated – Anyone selling a ticket yet?

2. BlueThroughCrimp says:

Managed to get mine, and a place to stay in the Docklands booked!

3. Shoestring says:

Amazon £25 off £40 CONFIRMED WORKING SEVERAL TIMES BY POSTERS HERE!

try 2x Auchentoshan American Oak Single Malt Scotch Whisky, 70 cl £20 (sold by Amazon)

use the code AMEX25OFF
    use some Amex points to part pay (1p is enough)
    pay the rest on your Amex card

you can always do a dummy purchase to see if you are eligible for the £25 saving

• Shoestring says:
    • Craig says:

Registration still unavailable.

• Harry T says:

Registration isn’t available.

• Shoestring says:

yep that’s my problem too with a new Amex Gold – but working for other folks already registered/ used Amex card on Amazon

• Harry T says:

Not working for me with a previously registered card that I’ve used for AMEX25OFF before. Can’t add my new Platinum card either.

• Lilly says:

Thank you! It didn’t work for me last time but now it did!

• Hi Harry, I’ve only ever managed to get this to work once. Does supplied and delivered by Amazon EU start not count? Only reason I can think of being the problem.

• Shoestring says:

first just try the 2x Auchentoshan American Oak Single Malt Scotch Whisky, 70 cl £20 (sold by Amazon)

to check eligibility

if that works (on a dummy purchase), you’re OK – just a matter of finding items that are allowed after that, in theory Amazon EU Sarl should be OK

• Ok thanks, will give that a try but it’s looking like I’m not eligible I think.

• If you prefer bourbon, Woodford Reserve is £20 a bottle and sold by Amazon too…

• This is exactly what I’m trying, but I’m currently unable to see my membership rewards points when I try to pay with my Platinum card. It’s most annoying – we get through quite a bit of Bourbon making Whisky Sours! This would be very much appreciated (although Buffalo Trace is always better than Woodford Reserve, but doesn’t seem to be sold by Amazon).

• Thanks Shoestring, also managed to get one to work using a card I registered previously but haven’t had the offer on before. Stocked up on a couple of essentials!

• Simon says:

Ah shucks, looks like it’s finished. I should really check hfp at weekends…

4. dicksbits says:

Abu Dhabi showing £1,349 not £1,250 on KLM website.

• It does. But when you click through you’ll see the lowest fare is £1,250 according to their low fare finder.

5. Simon Schus says:

Hello all 🙂

Thinking of cancelling my UK Amex Platinum Charge Card. Will the Platinum Companion Credit Card also get cancelled at the same time/

6. Kevin C says:

Managed to get two tickets at 12. Didn’t use bots, just was lucky.

BTW, did people enjoy Jessie J last weekend? I thought she was very good and it was a well run event even if the promised cocktails turned out to be wine and beer. It was great that Studio 2 was open (the room the Beatles used).

• You can debate whether swapping a 60 minute set for a 90 minute set including 30 minutes of rambling is better or worse 🙂

• Kevin C says:

She does like to talk. But I saw it as value for money. And I’ve been to showcase gigs that were over in 20 minutes. It did mean that the dessert canapés were rather rushed.

I spotted you and your wife there but you were talking to people and i didn’t want to barge in.

7. Jimmy says:

Got charged interest by Lloyds on my credit card- what are the next steps? How do we know when we can make more purchases? Lloyd’s said until the next statement is produced.. but surely it cant be that long

8. OT: I’ve booked a back to back tier point run from LHR – SOF. Does anyone know if I have to clear security and border control if I’m returning on the same plane?

• BrightonReader says:

surely that’s the sort of thing you’d check before spending money on flights?

there is a thread on ‘turnarounds’ on the BA flyer talk board

• David says:

Good news! SOF is rated “excellent” for a B2B on FT.

• Thank you! That’s good news and as BA booked it as a single through ticket I assume they think it’s possible too. I was just sharing in case anyone had any experience of this so thanks for being positive!

9. Graham Walsh says:

1k bonus points from IHG today as a birthday gift. I can see why they make you click through to get it. Basically make the 1 minute effort for free some free points.

10. Graham Walsh says:

What an odd story – passenger left on plane asleep https://www.foxnews.com/travel/air-canada-passenger-dark-empty-plane-alone

11. Kenny says:

Interestingly air france has changed the promotional fares on their ad from LHR to Seychelles from £1450 to £1650! Did try to look for £1450 yesterday without avail.. so mistake?