Virgin Atlantic Sale

Get 2,000 Avios with ANY hotel booking, however cheap, via our current Kaligo.com offer

Between 1st and 31st July we are running an exclusive promotion with hotel booking site Kaligo.com, the booking site which awards Avios points with every hotel you book.

If you spend over £700 on hotels at Kaligo.com before midnight on 31st July, across one or numerous bookings, you will receive 8,000 bonus Avios.  These points are in addition to the everyday benefit of 5 – 10 Avios per £1 spent you will receive for every booking all year round.

This offer is open to both new and existing Kaligo.com customers and is valid for stays until 31st December 2019.  Full details are in this HFP article.

However ….

There is a second part to our exclusive Kaligo.com promotion which I think is getting overlooked because it is a little tricky to push two different marketing messages at once.

If you are a new customer and have never before booked a hotel on Kaligo.com before, you will earn an additional 2,000 Avios with your first booking of any value.

You have until 31st July to book but your stay can be at any point up to 31st December 2019.

Kaligo Head for Points offer

For clarity ….

You DON’T need to make £700-worth of bookings to receive the 2,000 bonus Avios for being a new Kaligo.com customer.

Any hotel, anywhere, will do the trick (as long as you turn up and check in!) if you have never booked via Kaligo.com before.

Even a very cheap one night stay somewhere – perhaps £30-£40 – will trigger the 2,000 bonus Avios plus the base Avios for your stay.

You must register

You MUST book at this special HFP promotional website in order to receive the bonus.

As usual with such promotions, you need to check your pricing before you book.  Kaligo.com is not always the cheapest place to book – it depends on the property. However, when you factor in the value of the 2,000 bonus Avios points – plus the base Avios you earn from your stay – on a potentially low cost one-night stay they should be looking pretty good indeed.

Remember that you will usually not earn points for your room spend in any hotel loyalty programme linked to the property you book if you use Kaligo.com (or indeed any third-party hotel booking site). Depending on the hotel, you may receive status benefits or points for your food and drink spend.

Kaligo Head for Points offer

Conclusion

Even if you have no intention of spending £700 with Kaligo.com by 31st July in order to earn 8,000 bonus Avios, you should – if you have never booked with them before – seriously think about putting one night their way in order to earn the 2,000 bonus Avios as a first-time booker.

Remember that you MUST book via this page on the Kaligo.com website.

It is fair to say that Kaligo.com’s customer service is excellent – their representatives even pop up on social media to answer queries – so you should have no concerns at all about your bonus posting properly.  The company is also very punctual at posting your Avios posts once you have checked out.  If you do have any issues, we can send you directly to the right people.

Thanks to the team at Kaligo.com for making this exclusive deal available to Head for Points readers.

NEW - use Priority Pass and Lounge Club for Luton's Clubrooms
It's back - earn Marriott points flying Emirates and get Emirates status benefits at Marriott hotels!

IHG Sale

Comments

1. Frenske says:

On hotels.com you can find £3pn hotels. No luck on kaligo.

2. The Original David says:

OT but no bits today – Zipcar:
    Saw Zipcar Flex mentioned in comments recently, and might be useful for an early LHR departure. Are there any good sign-up deals, other than £5 from the usual site that we sometimes can’t mention?

3. Ammar says:

OT = Going to Manchester for 3 nts in August, wondering which Hilton is better to book – Hilton Deansgate or Doubletree? Not stayed in either. I have diamond status with HH. Would like a pool to go swimming in, so thinking the Hilton Deansgate is better, but happy to have suggestions otherwise. Plus have the offer for 2x points on my 2nd stay (which this is).

• Craig says:

Hilton Deansgate was fairly decent, the lounge is on the same floor as the hotels cocktail bar so you will end up with a similar experience. Can’t comment about the pool. DT was OK for the train station but the only time I stayed there I found noise from a party quite disturbing. We were several floors above it too.

• Bar v good in DT if you would use it

• August might be different but we were at the Deansgate one just before Xmas and we got your graded to the executive floor with lounge access which was really nice. I’m gold. The pool isn’t big enough for a decent swim if there are more than a couple of people in it, it’s more for relaxing or posing around!

• Stayed at the Doubletree last year. Room was nothing special (I’m gold but don’t think there was an upgrade) but bar was very good and breakfast excellent – golds could order a la carte which was a bonus. Location is ideal for Piccadilly station and also good for Canal Street!

4. Scottydogg says:

OT , Going to Thailand , Singapore and Bali next month .
    I have Uber app on my phone but have been reading on a lots of forums (especially about Bali) about using ‘Grab’ for getting about . Anyone have any experience ? should i download Grab or will i get by on Uber ?

• Craig says:

Grab works great in Singapore but the only issue was activating which I couldn’t do until I arrived. It played nicely with Curve too. In Bali we booked a transfer with a local driver mainly because of the reports of Grab being awkward.

• Roberto says:

I activated the grab app before I left home with a fake location app on my android mobile. Seem to remember I had to link it to paypal as there is/was an issue with non local credit cards. Perfectly acceptable service at a fraction on hotel cars.

• Nate1309 says:

I used the bluebird taxi app a lot in Bali, cheap and works like Uber.
      I also booked a driver for a full day before I went, but only because i wanted a car seat for a full day touring for my 1yo.

• In Bali the cost of hiring a car with driver/guide for the day is dirt cheap. Would recommend that and really get to know the place with a local guide.

• pointsarb says:

Can only speak for Bali but Grab works flawlessly there. You can also hire a private driver in Bali with an MPV type vehicle for a 10 hour day for just £35.

Enjoy, we are going back next year having had an amazing first visit last Easter.

• Polly says:

Grab fine..drivers for the day cheap too. Bluebird cabs in bali dirt cheap too. Have a great trip. We are visiting those places end of year too. You will want to return again and again am afraid. Once Asia grabs you.

5. OT with the AMEX signup bonuses made much more difficult to achieve (downgrade of points and wait of 24 months), is there anything stopping me from cancelling my gold card account and having my wife recommend me right after cancelling for the 9000 referral points? and gain 9k vice versa between the gold card and the BAPP for example.
    if that works, it would be a much quicker way of amassing the avios (and perhaps teach AMEX a thing or 2 – till they cut the referrals too)

• Seems not, although how quickly Amex would accept you for the same card again is a moot point. Weeks? Days?

• I’ve been told it is three months but I’ve no idea if that is true or not given some of the other nontruths we hear from CSA. However, I can say I’ve always waited at least 3 months and never had a problem.

• Polly says:

They would probably blacklist you. Best to wait mimimum of 3 mths..

6. Any tips for one-night bookings in the sub-£40 region? And would the Avios still be credited in case of a no show?

• Unlikely. Hotels.com doesn’t credit no shows either – it is just that if you’re running a hostel in Bangalore, you tend to take a very (ahem) lax approach to accurately tracking the arrival of your guests which works to your advantage.

• Thanks Rob. On Kaligo I can’t seem to find anything sub-£60, even in southeast Asia.

• PerkyPat says:

Cheapest place in Bangkok is £63. Ridiculous.

• Phil – I did the Kaligo booking last time this offer was out for USA just to get the points. Wish I hadn’t bothered. The Hotel was not described properly on the site, no fridge in the room when I got there. Then I found the Hotel was £20 more expensive that if I’d booked on my usual Hotels.com site. I won’t touch Kaligo again myself.

7. OT Hotels: I need to make a rare Premier Inn booking. Despite my best efforts I’m unable to find any way to squeeze any extra value out of the reservations such as discounts, avios etc.. Am I missing something or are we really stuck with only the saver and flexible rates displayed on their own website?

• AFAIK, yes.

• Roger* says:

Stuck. Even the (Whitbread) shareholder benefit has been ‘enhanced’ from a complimentary 2nd weekend night to free breakfast.

• Lady London says:

Have tried too. Only thing i found was they are now rolling out yotel-type accommodation not quite central in provincial cities with more to come. Very reasonable prices. So far CWL and SOU done.

8. Yes

9. Craig says:

Forget receipt? Credit note? Refund to different card of same type? All worth a go.

10. DaveL says:

OT- Tesco ex-shell bonus. Did a trial transfer of £2.50, only 600 points landed. I have shell avios activity on my account from just over a year ago. Assuming I’ve understood the 40% bonus eligibility correctly, how ought I to follow this up? Has anyone needed to contact Tesco CS for this?

11. James says:

Off topic.
    I have some Heathrow rewards vouchers expiring soon.
    Is there a way to use them without going to Heathrow ??