HEATHROW STRIKE UPDATE: BA cancellations and terminal switches for Monday 5th August

EDIT: last update 7pm Sunday

The strike has been suspended for Monday 5th August. Strikes for Tuesday 6th August are still scheduled. Read our latest update.

For official information on the BA situation, check this page of ba.com

For official information on the Virgin Atlantic situation, check this page of the Virgin website

For all other airlines, please check the respective airline website.  Whilst BA and Virgin Atlantic are not cancelling long-haul services, other airlines are doing so.

British Airways has released the first batch of flight cancellations and terminal switches for Monday.

This is due to industrial action by Heathrow employees.

According to BA travel trade reports, the following flights are cancelled but will still depart (empty) so the inbound flights will operate as usual.

British Airways Heathrow cancellations

BA cancellations for Monday (hat-tip to Flyertalk for pulling this together as I am sat by a pool …..):

07.05 Frankfurt
10.35 Dublin
10.50 Dusseldorf
16.15 Glasgow
16.25 Edinburgh
16.30 Munich
16.40 Barcelona

The following services will switch from Terminal 3 to Terminal 5 (hat-tip to London Air Travel):

16.40 Las Vegas
19.15 Barcelona
19.15 Vienna
20.00 Marseille
20.00 Prague
20.45 Budapest
20.30 Lisbon
21.40 Cape Town

This cancellation list looks a little light, to be honest – Heathrow has asked for 85+ daily cancellations so BA’s share would be 40+.  Let’s see.

A decision on whether to run the A350 inaugural flight tomorrow afternoon will be taken in the morning.

The Flyertalk thread linked to above is the best place to look for minute by minute updates.

UPDATED: Heathrow strikes for 5th August AND 6th August SUSPENDED
British Airways cuts taxes on one-way economy Avios redemptions FROM the US

Comments

1. Unite has suspended the strike tomorrow. Flights have been cancelled already though 🙂

• Shoestring says:

might only be a handful (15-20?) of flights cancelled on Monday

• Shoestring says:

took my wife +3 to the airport early this morning (return to LHR) – she was all for claiming a couple of days’ extra holiday ‘due to strike’ but unfortunately my daughter’s friend’s ticket was from OTA and not as flexible 🙂

• Just got yesterday to my place in the sun. Anyway, she could always be on a cancelled flight anyway… … …

• Shoestring says:

it was our guest’s ticket that stopped that happening! I just spoke to her on the phone and had to tell her it was all cloudy today & she didn’t miss anything much

(30-odd C and beautiful sunny day, our plunge pool took a right beating! 🙂 )

• I’m further south; much milder.

2. Phil Sinclair says:

Any idea what plans are for BA1399 out of Manchester T3 at 15.50 on 6 Aug bound for LHR? My mother booked to live k up with Virgin Atlantic flight to Jo’ burg that evening.

• Shoestring says:

Joburg flight still on track, fwiw I’d be thinking about driving her to LHR (ie possibly take a half day holiday etc) as Tuesday’s BA flights still up in the air and that would be an easy one to cancel if Tuesday strike goes ahead

• OT @Harry, 50/50 is a fair bet for at least 10k avios down at one of your favourite haunts 😉

• Shoestring says:

my wife & I have done them all, pretty much – we’re into my 18YO having a flutter these days

tbh the £50 up front wouldn’t bother me, as if you stay calm & use a simple strategy, you’ll get your stake back over time very consistently

• Problem is when I know I’m ultimately going to win anyway I find it difficult to resist the 35:1 shot on a single number in that ‘Russian’ game but with the increasing difficulty of collecting avios perhaps it is now time to restrain myself. I’ve applied for the Sainsburys Bank nectar credit card for the second time in 18 months. I’ll report back in about 3 months if I get the 7500 bonus nectar points again. Hopefully take up of amex nectar is down and this prompts nectar to run their own bonus on that card this autumn.