Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Avios seats now bookable on additional British Airways St Lucia flights next Summer

Extra Avios seats are now bookable on St Lucia flights for next Summer.

Virgin Atlantic recently announced that it was pulling out of its St Lucia route from next June.

British Airways is picking up the slack.  It is adding two additional weekly flights to St Lucia in Summer 2020.  Extra flights are scheduled between 4th July and 29th August 2020 from London Gatwick to St Lucia.

Since these flights have recently been added to the schedule there is still excellent Avios reward availability.  Remember that British Airways guarantees two Club World and four World Traveller seats available for Avios bookings on every flight it operates.

More Avio seats to St Lucia

The easiest way to see reward availability is by using Reward Flight Finder. It is currently showing very good availability for flights in July and early August, which is as far out as you can currently book.

BA is cancelling one weekly Orlando service and one weekly Las Vegas service during this period to free up an aircraft.

To maximise your miles when paying the taxes, your best bet is the British Airways American Express Premium Plus card which earns double Avios (3 per £1) when you book at ba.com.  You do not get double Avios if you book with the free British Airways American Express card.  Another option is American Express Preferred Rewards Gold which offers double points – 2 per £1 – when you book flight tickets directly with an airline.

Comments (148)

• Gtellez says:

OT- I have realized that Marriott is not crediting points properly. Last week I stayed in Marriott Leicester for 3 nights, the total expense was 392 pounds (326 excluding VAT), but I only received 2685 base points (including the platinum bonus, 2k points less). I looked at my previous stays and all of them were wrong… I had to contact Marriott and after more than hour talking with them and sending the invoices, they fixed my last 5 stays, in total more than 10k points more.

• Rda says:

Chemical Brothers are available too for the o2, only two packages left.

• ankomonkey says:

Finally something worth considering. I’m fed up of all the Barry Manilow-type offers.

• Crafty says:

OT: Has Hilton Bankside really gone from 45,000 to 70,000 points per night?!

Hilton points seem to have devalued quite severely this year.

• Kai says:

It’s just variable pricing. I couldn’t believe it was only 45000 points per night before the structural change.

• Stu_N says:

When does bidding close on Moments? It just lists a date – is there a precise time when bidding ends and what timezone would it be in?

• Stu_N says:

Answered my own question, if you click through to bid there is a precise “time remaining” and they are all different.

• Rob says:

The exact time is usually in the small print somewhere. Late bids extend it – if someone bids in the final 2 (?) minutes the auction is extended by 2 (?) minutes. This can carry on for some time so if you are carving out diary time to make a late bid you need to give yourself 30 minutes at least!

• Mikeact says:

OT, but may be of interest to those highlighting expensive flights.
    The top two airlines posting last fiscal year route revenues ;

1 BA with US$ 1.159 London – New York
    2 Qantas with US$ •861 Sydney – Melbourne

Obviously, costs have to be taken out of the above, but interesting all the same. And of course there is far less competition on the Sydney/Melbourne run.

• SG says:

Morning all
    Can anyone confirm please?
    Had the 15000 miles posted fine with the first statement and expected the remainder of 15000 miles with my statement yesterday but not there
    I can only think of this reason but readers reported here issues regarding the promised bonus

• AndyW says:

‘I thought the Virgin Atlantic CC Plus fee counts towards the expenditure for the sign up bonus just as the BA Premium’
      Have to say I didn’t think that was the case for the BA card, though I have probably never been in a position where I would notice.

• Spaghetti Town says:

I always thought annual fees didn’t count

• SG says:

It was from one of Rob’s articles that I’ve learned that BA Premium annual fee counts
        Need to contact Virgin Money CC,although a few days ago they asked me about 10 questions to pass security!!!

• Harry T says:

I’m 90% sure the fee doesn’t count towards the sign up bonus on the BAPP or the Virgin card.

• Rooster says:

No and never known a annual fee to count towards any spend on any card

• Pablo says:

OT: if booked through Iberia, can you upgrade a WTP flight on BA metal with avios (award space available in CW), or does the flight need to be booked directly through BA? Also, I understand that you need to pay the incremental taxes and surcharges – are these the charges labeled as YQ on ITA? Many thanks in advance for the help.

• Rob H says:

Anyone else seeing an error when they try and view their BA Exec Club via the Web? (Of book reward flights after logging in?)

I keep getting an error and forwarded to this page:

(Tried deleting cookies, different browser and also my wifes account – same result)

• meta says:

Have the same problem since yesterday evening. I am using the app instead.

• Frank says:

Same here. Error message appears every time i log on for past hour. Also tried different browsers…

• Dev says:

Hasn’t worked on the app for me since yesterday, when I was looking for an Avios redemption.

• MKB says:

Happening to me as well. If in Chrome, click on the padlock on the left of the URL bar, select cookies and remove them. That fixes it for a while.

• RussellH says:

Had the same problem this morning, using Pale Moon.
        Tried just now, but deleted all BA cookies first (what do they use them all for?) and BA a/c worked fine.