We got very excited earlier in the year when IHG bought the small Six Senses chain.
This brought some very high quality properties into the group, including what is generally seen as the classiest resort in Europe – Six Senses Duoro Valley, just outside Porto. See the photo below.
Here is the list of hotels which IHG bought:
- Six Senses Bhutan
- Six Senses Krabey Island, Cambodia
- Six Senses Qing Cheng Mountain, China
- Six Senses Fiji
- Six Senses Uluwatu, Bali
- Six Senses Laamu, Maldives
- Six Senses Zighy Bay, Oman
- Six Senses Douro Valley, Portugal
- Six Senses Zil Payson, Seychelles
- Six Senses Samui, Thailand
- Six Senses Yao Noi, Thailand
- Six Senses Kaplankaya, Turkey
- Six Senses Con Dao, Vietnam
- Six Senses Ninh Van Bay, Vietnam
The acquisition also included two Evason resorts:
- Evason Hua Hin, Thailand
- Evason Ana Mandara, Vietnam
It looks like the integration into IHG Rewards Club has started. The two Singapore hotels are now bookable via ihg.com. Click here:
- Six Senses Duxton, Singapore
- Six Senses Maxwell, Singapore
Both are priced at 50,000 points per night as a redemption.
However …. the Singapore hotels are NOT ‘normal’ Six Senses resorts. They were an experiment in opening city centre hotels. Feedback has not been great, probably because they were not designed by Six Senses from the bottom up. The two properties were meant to open as Starwood hotels and only switched after the group was bought by Marriott.
Hopefully we will see the rest of the chain moving over soon. The big question is how expensive redemptions will be at the ‘real’ luxury Six Senses properties.
IHG Rewards update – January 2022:
Get bonus points: IHG Rewards is not currently running a global promotion.
Buy points: If you need additional IHG Rewards points, you can buy them here.
Want to earn more hotel points? Click here to see our complete list of promotions from IHG and the other major hotel chains or use the ‘Hotel Offers’ link in the menu bar at the top of the page.