Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Join me at the Loyalty Summit conference in London next week for 75% off

A lot of big names in the travel loyalty industry (plus me) are speaking at Loyalty Summit at The May Fair hotel next Thursday 19th.

Jeremy Rabe, CEO of Aimia, is probably the biggest draw but there are top loyalty speakers from Accor, Hotels.com, Radisson, Points.com, LNER, Virgin Atlantic, Hertz, Miles & More, Norwegian, Flybe, SAS, Royal Jordanian etc. And Head for Points.

The full schedule is here.  It is a ‘100% Powerpoint free’ conference, focused more on discussions than on presentations.

I was offered a $199 rate for my staff.  However, as my entire London staff will be off at Virgin’s A350 launch party in New York (as I would be, if I hadn’t agreed to speak here) the organisers have let me offer the deal to a small number of readers who work in, or are interested in, the loyalty industry.

YOU MUST BOOK TODAY, Friday 13th.  Book a ‘Supplier’ ticket which prices at $799 and use code HFP to reduce it to $199.  If the code does not work then we have reached our cap, but email me and I will see what I can do.

Your ticket also gets you optional free entry to the Frequent Traveler Awards ceremony and gala dinner on Thursday evening, at the same venue.  For $199 for the full programme it is probably cheaper than just going out for dinner and drinks in Mayfair on a Thursday evening.

Comments (98)

• Planning Geek says:

For Waitrose got 2 at 5% off £20+ (BA & Amex Platinum) and 1 at 5% off £45+ (BA)

Odd….

• mradey says:

Haven’t got the Waitrose offer across my Centurion cards…. I do have 7% off Fortnum & Mason however. Time for some early Christmas shopping 🙂

• Oh! Matron! says:

4% on 75gbp Plat amex
      4% on 20GBP SPG

Hmmmmm

• Sarah says:

Nothing for Waitrose but 5% at Fortnum’s, shame it’s only online as I work close by.

• Julian says:

Summit interesting but cannot justify $199 when its not my form of employment and I have no business to claim this back from (even though I appreciate in your case that also diminishes your annual profits and therefore potentially what you pay yourself). Unless of course one could see an employment opportunity of some kind arising out of attending (on the whole I suspect unlikely).

Not surprised they can do it for $199 (their real marginal cost no doubt) and I had thought the days of these super expensive headline prices to attend a conference (i.e the $799 one) on the basis of the alleged networking attractions were over. Perhaps they are in view of the 75% price cut they have decided to offer to your staff and now your readers…………………..

• Andrew says:

I’m just finishing off the organisation of our annual event for 200 in London, in a well known hotel.

Now, it helps that we are flexible on dates and could simply ask for the best value deal for 2 together weekdays September to November. Hotels know their “dead” time far better than we do and don’t say “no” to an organisation who will pay a 50% deposit 12 months in advance to secure a good deal..

So Theatre presentation room for 200, break area and full hot buffet dinner – £45 a head + VAT per day.

Which is why, when I get pestered for meetings and conferences for myself and my staff at outrageous prices, I never offer more than £99 a head…

• Lady London says:

Did that include refreshments during the day and lunch? What level and rough location of hôtel? What did you get off room rates?

Did they throw in fast internet access also available in conference area?

• Rob says:

$199 is marginal cost I believe, yes. It was meant for staff though – we got the same deal last year.

• Shoestring says:

Europcar £1 hire has not yet re-appeared on https://www.driiveme.co.uk as far as I can see – but you can access much better availability Hertz £1 car rentals on that site than on Hertz it self (www dot hertz dot co.uk/p/hertzone)

• Lady London says:

I had a quick squizz at driveme a month or two ago. definitely 100% recognised a couple of Europcar addresses. Unless they;re shared with Avis, I think Europcar may truly have had a system problem for the past couple of months especially if their own agents couldn’t book it.

So now we have driveme, hertz, avis, europcar where the odd one-way might be useful to use and the company.. Any more?

• Benylin says:

OT: does Kuoni book only flights? I know Trailfinders said no when I asked them. What to use my £100 off amex offer.

• Nick says:

Trailfinders does book flight only, but unless it’s a net fare (i.e. part of their special commissioned selection) they will charge you a booking fee. I think it’s £75. But it definitely does work with the Amex offer, plenty here have done it before.

• Benilyn says:

Ah, I called them, they said they only do packages…. £75 fee is a bit steep though!

• Lady London says:

Kuoni only ever used to do packages. They were known as one of the most upmarket operators (time was). They would do islands that at that time were new, yet had luxury accommodation. Relatively recently I saw, with great disappointment, that they had actually gone bust. Which for a quality company, is very sad.

I am not sure who owns them now – they used to be Swiss owned. But they have only, ever, done packages.

Trailfinders does mainly flights although I am sure they have developed other forms of business. they get deals from airlines that airlines are careful about distributing, they seem to be a trusted agent that way. they also like all major agents have their own set of hotel, resort and I would be occasionally cruise, special pricing they can offer that is not public pricing. But they are most definitely flights, and Kuoni is /was most definitely packages. Unless whoever picked up Kuoni’s wreckage has changed everything and I would doubt that.

• Lady London says:

I suggest you pick something they will earn commission on and call them.

the old “IT” (special “excursion” fares were always available, and their modern equivalent fares are still available, if you only book 1 night of hotel. I’d suspect a car would do it too these days even for 1 day on arrival. As such it will become a package, give them access to these lower fares if they exist, and the total to you may be much less.

If you can find an actual package they can sell you (ask who they sell for) then they won’t be forced to charge you a booking fee as they defo will be getting commission from the package provider. Ask them what packages/who they deal with centred around nice hotels they have at the top end, perhaps. There are some very elite providers who will reward them handsomely for a sale. I’m just not sure if they are in that market, and have temporarily forgotten the names of the 2 travel agents in London I know who definitely used to sell just that sort of package to money-rich but time-zeroed investment bankers on a Friday morning to leave for the weekend on a Friday night.

Hum. See if Trailfinders can do you a hotel booking that they wouldn’t have to take a booking fee on. I”ll bet they can.

• Mark2 says:

If it has appeared on any of your cards the 10% back at Morrisons can be used to buy gift cards for John Lewis/ Waitrose, Amazon, M&S etc. (AMEX HSBC etc)

• Dan says:

Worth pointing out that Herzone never went away. I managed get one of those for this weekend when I discovered the Europcar one way site was MIA.

• William says:

Just downgraded the BAPP to the normal BA AMEX, changes have gone through (app now shows blue card) – when is the pro rata refund going to kick in? Do we have to chase Anwx for it or is it automatic?

Thanks

• Jason Hindle says:

Many thanks for the Waitrose tip. That’s saved to my card.

• Jason Hindle says:

Edit: Just spotted they also have a similar offer for Morrisons. Saved. I should look at the offers (and read this site) more often.