Qatar Business Class

Save up to 40% on a Priority Pass airport lounge card

Priority Pass has a new promotion, offering up to 40% off membership until 1st December.

If you’ve been thinking of getting a Priority Pass airport lounge card then this Black Friday offer is, experience shows, the best deal they run all year.

Priority Pass discount

A Priority Pass gives you access to 1,300 airport lounges worldwide, including the Heathrow T2 Plaza Premium lounge (review here), recently voted as the ‘World’s Best Independent Airport Lounge’ by Skytrax and another favourite of ours, the Plaza Premium lounge in Heathrow Terminal 4.

There are three different offers across the tiers of membership:

40% off Standard membership (reduced to £41 from £69) – no free visits, you and your guests pay £20 each time

25% off Standard Plus membership (reduced to £141 from £189) – 10 free visits then £20 for every additional visit or for every guest visit

15% off Prestige membership (reduced to £288 from £339) – all your visits are free, your guests pay £20 each time

Priority Pass discount

The Standard Plus membership is the most attractive here. With this Black Friday offer you’d be paying £14.10 per lounge visit, which is appealing. My personal value benchmark is how much a bowl of pasta and a glass of wine would cost in a terminal restaurant versus the lounge access cost – so £14.10 seems pretty reasonable to me.

It is possible that the Prestige card could be a better deal, but you need to do the maths.  You would need to do 18 lounge visits per year before the Prestige card became better value than Standard Plus.

To find out full details of the offer and the benefits you receive from having a Priority Pass, you can see these here.

PS.  Here is the full list of UK airport lounges which accept Priority Pass, along with links to our reviews.  There are another 1,300 lounges outside the UK too!

Get 25% off selected British Airways Avios wine and beer redemptions - worth it?
Get 100 FREE Avios in Iberia Plus for 30 seconds work!

IHG Your Rate

Comments

1. The 10 free visits of the Standard Plus card are just for the cardholder or can be shared with guests? Is it possible to use it for 5 lounge visits for 2 people?
    And it has one year of validity, right?

2. OT as no bits today:As I was getting all my screenshots ready for proving Amex that I was targeted,I said I will check one more time my account:HILTON BONUS POINTS LANDED,7 weeks after making the transfer!

3. Careful with Priority Pass though, they auto renew without warning next year.

• Michael C says:

To their credit they refunded without any fuss when this happened to me.

• And they auto-renew one month before the expiry date, as per the Ts&Cs. But, as Michael C has said, they are very good at making any adjustments. In my case, it was a downgrade from Standard Plus to Standard, simply because the maths didn’t work for me.

4. Shoestring says:

I personally can’t justify the 10 shot PP card – I do fly 10 times a year but could only use a lounge on the outward flights – and as noted, the passes are only valid for the holder so I can’t share them with my family.

A decent alternative is the Barclays Travel Plus Pack – you can get it with a free current a/c. It’s headline £18/ month (minimum 6 months, you can then turn it off for the rest of the year) & you get 6 free DragonPass lounge passes. The good news is: they’re usable all at once if you like, so you & your family can all get in the lounge together. After your 6 free passes, additional passes are £15 each, so not much different to BF PP price here for the 10 shot card.

You also get comprehensive travel insurance for the family and RAC breakdown insurance (any car), which helps mitigate the cost – https://www.barclays.co.uk/insurance/travel-insurance/travel-plus-pack/

• You converted me Harry. This is what we now have although we have decided to keep the pack for the full year for the travel insurance. No problems using it a Plaza Premium T4 for over 4 hrs and the Plaza Premium T5 recently.

• Shoestring says:

I think we’re going to keep it for a full year as well – but the twist being provided I can get my wife to sit down in Barclays branch for 30 mins to open an a/c (not a given), we’ll do 6 months his, switch off, then 6 months hers, switch off, back to his – 12 DP lounge passes instead of 6 for the same cost

• Would that mean a Barclays branch interview evert six months?

• … EVERY six months?

• Shoestring says:

no – the interview is just to open the bank a/c, you can switch on the Pack online though I think switching it off takes a phone call

might be easier to open an a/c online – eg with Halifax, Anna said it was a 30 mins interview and money laundering training to open an a/c, but I opened an online Hfx a/c for my adult son last week and that was 2 mins online plus 5 mins in branch to check his passport/ ID, bank card arrived 2 days later (if anybody’s interested in the Halifax offers eg £30 off your council tax twice a year – easy as to open a Halifax free current a/c provided you have a passport)

• When we took out my hubbys account earlier in the year it said we had to get his ID verified in branch but before we made any appointment the cards arrived in the post so we never bothered. Maybe because he holds the Hilton Barclaycard Credit card. I didn’t want to risk the 6 mths on 6 mth off trick you mention in case at some point down the line you get refused. Now we don’t have a Plat Amex we use this for the travel insurance and the passes.

5. Thanks, Harry and Liz. I wasn’t looking for a new bank account, but this does look an interesting possibility.

6. In the meantime, Dragon Pass access to lounges is avaiiable for $25 per visit to silver (= basic = free) members of Red by Dufuy, the duty free organisation – gold and platinum members pay $20 or $10 per visit.

For less frequent travellers, this could be an interesting option. Has anybody used it?

• Quark999 says:

Yes, works perfectly. You buy a visit at the reduced price and show the code at the desk. And on the higher tiers (just needs the other half buying lots of makeup at LHR) it’s cheaper than Priority Pass, WITHOUT a yearly fee.

The 7% off I’m currently on also help with said make-up prices. I don’t get the impression many people use it at LHR, staff are always a bit surprised.

7. Shoestring says:
    • Shoestring says:

looks like you can still get 100 free Iberia Avios by signing up
      [WE WOULD LIKE TO
      KNOW YOU BETTER
      Get 100 bonus points!]

8. Priority Pass of no value at all when you arrive at the lounge (Manchester Aspire) and they tell you they’re awaiting a party booking and turn you away.This has happened on several occasions.

• Agree entirely. I have a couple of visits remaining on my current priority pass. I probably won’t both attempting to use them for precisely the reason you have highlighted, and certainly won’t be renewing.

9. O/T: Do BP sell gift cards that can be used for fuel and would they trigger the amex offer? Running out of time to use our last two offers.

• We never got the BP offer. Been digging out my notes from last years small shop and checking out the map for this year in readiness for our SS expedition. I kept a note of my Nov/Dec Amex offers from last year and we managed to use BP, Wilko, Morrisons, WHSmith, Superdrug,Healthspan, Dominos and Amex Travel. Offers for us are really poor this year. Managed the Morrisons one and the Red Letter Days for a Murder Mystery night and a couple of Prezzo meals. Slim pickings this year – so far anyway….

• Brighton Belle says:

I spent 2 months arguing with the Brighton HQ their tracking didn’t work. Eventually they paid out claiming a technical problem. This year, Same shop same tracking failure. Amex need to make this stuff work.

• I remember 2 yrs ago I had real trouble getting credits but last year seemed to work like clockwork even though I didn’t get all the emails. Only had to manually claim once when one cafe said they didn’t take Amex after I had put my pin in – they were on the list.

• Sussex Bantam says:

I’ve tried to use the BP offer several times on different cards and it hasn’t triggered yet. I will follow up with chat once the offer is over – no doubt to be told to wait 90 days…

• Mine have all taken about a week. Didn’t receive any enails and the app status changed to redeemed only after tge credit was received. By contrast PO offer is rapid and notifications/status working as they shoud.

• I think BP garages sell gift cards near me – I reckon the payment should trigger the credit if you pay at one of the fuel stations specified on the list (not all BP stations are eligible). Can’t see how it’s different to me paying at the same terminal for my fuel (I didn’t pay at pump, paid in the station).

• It’s been a while since I dealt with this element of the Merchant side of things, but from memory filling stations have multiple merchant IDs.

To explain…

My local BP garage is also a Spar. If I buy something from there, but don’t buy fuel the regular LBG offer kicks in. If I do buy fuel, it doesn’t, I use exactly the same till and card reader no matter the transaction.

10. Shoestring says:

O/T Tesco coupons are in! £9 off £60 and 2x £6 off £60, nice Amazon discount

I did wonder if they’d focus marketing on the new subscription Clubcard deal…

• My partner got 3x £8 off £40 in the last round while I got 1x £10 and 2x £7 off £70. I also had £6 off £60 from Sainsbury last four weeks but stopped this week. If I get an offer from Tesco today I’ll cancel Sainsbury delivery tomorrow. My local Tesco Extra has refused to accept MOC against branded gift cards last two times I tried. I saw there is 20% off some branded gift cards at Tesco at the moment. All supermarkets will be hiking their prices before Christmas as usual ; looks to me like Sainsbury already has this week, I saw a lot of 5p and 10p increases.

• Mr(s) Entitled says:

I never get Tesco coupons other than the usual 15p off [insert usual butter brand here] type of thing. That might be because we do our weekly online shopping and as such they don’t feel the need to incentivise me but just in case this isn’t the reason, am I missing a trick somewhere?

• Just got my first ever MO coupons from Tesco and they are for £2 off £20 spend – not worth bothering with.

• Shoestring says:

see my 16:59

• And push your average spend at Tesco to £30-£50 at a time. If you spend £70 your MOC will be for spending £70, £100 and it’s £100 etc.

• Mr(s) Entitled says:

Courtesy of the big family shop I spend £80-100 per week.

• Thanks Shoestring and BJ. Haven’t been shopping at Tesco much recently – been spending Waitrose MOCs and gift cards.

11. Yes, it can do. Suggest you go to Philips own website and if they have the model you want there, sign up as a new customer as the discount for a first order is very substantial (I forget how much but when I used it in the past it was a lot).

• Alternatively, if you know anyone with the employee perks benefit (which Andrew often mentions) you can do pretty well. Currently 20% off at Philips plus 15% back in points, and they will work together.