Etihad is currently offering a 10% discount code for American Express cardholders.
This is a long-term offer which is valid for travel completed by 30th June 2020. You can book as late as you like, so in theory the code will still be working on 29th June for anyone who needs to make last minute dash somewhere!
If you are based in the UK, you can fly from Manchester or Heathrow. The discount is valid in any class, including First Class.
Note that the discount only applies to the base fare, not taxes, and so will have a small overall impact on Economy tickets. Business fares will probably see an 8%-ish discount on the gross fare.
How do I get my 10% Amex saving on Etihad?
To trigger your 10% Etihad discount as an American Express cardholder, you need to go to this special page on the Etihad website.
You need to enter the first four digits of an American Express card, for example 3791, to be taken to the dedicated booking page. There is no specific Etihad discount code to add.
What are the T&C’s of the Etihad / American Express discount?
Here is the small print. In general, there is nothing here that should trouble you except – potentially – for the restriction on multicity flights.
Note that there is no additional discount on child or infant fares on top of the standard discount given on those ticket types.
- Offer is valid on One-way and Return trip fares only and does not apply on Multicity destinations or stopovers.
- American Express Card Members receive up to 10% discount when booking a flight with Etihad Airways.
- Card Members must book and travel by 30 June 2020.
- Payment must be made with an American Express Card and bookings must be made here.
- Flights and fare types are subject to availability at the time of booking.
- Discount only applies to flights that are sold and operated by Etihad Airways or our codeshare partners.
- Eligible flights are clearly indicated by a yellow star – please ensure only flights eligible for the discount are selected when booking.
- Discount only applies to the base fare and not on taxes or additional charges.
- Discount is valid on all Economy Saver, Economy Classic, Economy Flex, Business Saver, Business Classic, Business Flex, and First, excluding child or infant fares.
- Discount available is up to 10% – discount provided may vary across different flight routes and full discount of 10% may not be available across all flights.
- From time to time, Economy fares categorised as Economy Deal may be available for sale – discount will not apply to these Economy Deal, but they will be bookable through this page
- Changes and cancellations are subject to charges and fees as per published fare rules.
- All changes must be made with Etihad Airways via etihad.com or Etihad Airways call centres.
- Etihad Airways are the promoter and solely responsible for the fulfilment of the offer.
If you are booking an Etihad flight from the UK, your best option to maximise your points when paying is American Express Preferred Rewards Gold. This offers double points – 2 per £1 – when you when you book flight tickets directly with an airline. Our review of Amex Gold is here.
How to earn Etihad Guest miles from UK credit cards (June 2021)
Etihad Guest does not have a UK credit card. However, you can earn Etihad Guest miles by converting Membership Rewards points earned from selected UK American Express cards. These are:
- American Express Preferred Rewards Gold (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 20,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 20,000 Etihad Guest miles. This card is FREE for your first year and also comes with two free airport lounge passes.
- The Platinum Card from American Express (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 30,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 30,000 Etihad Guest miles
- American Express Rewards credit card (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 5,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 5,000 Etihad Guest miles. This card is FREE for life.
Membership Rewards points convert at 1:1 into Etihad Guest miles which is an attractive rate. The cards above all earn 1 Membership Rewards point per £1 spent on your card, which converts to 1 Etihad Guest mile. The Gold card earns double points (2 per £1) on all flights you charge to it.
Etihad Guest is also a partner with the HSBC Premier Mastercard (0.5 miles per £1 spent) and HSBC Premier World Elite Mastercard (1 mile per £1 spent).