UPDATE – JULY 2021: This article is now out of date, but don’t worry. We produce a monthly summary of the top hotel bonus point offers – please click HERE or use the ‘Hotel Offers’ menu above.
Radisson Rewards is not currently running a global bonus points promotion.
If you can push a LOT of business their way over the next 10 weeks it could work out very nicely indeed. Very, very nicely, if I’m honest. You could be earning £33 of bonus points PER STAY on top of your standard points.
As we currently have no active promotions from most of the other hotel groups, I think this is one worth considering seriously.
If you don’t know much about Radisson Rewards, I wrote a 2-part overview which starts here.
You can find out more, and register, here.
How does the new Radisson Rewards promotion work?
It is a simple one, based on the number of STAYS (not nights) you do between now and 31st March:
- Complete 2 stays, earn 5,000 bonus points
- Complete 3 stays, earn 15,000 bonus points
- Complete 5 stays, earn 30,000 bonus points
- Complete 10 stays, earn 50,000 bonus points
- Complete 15 stays, earn 150,000 bonus points
The bonus posts cumulatively. You receive 5,000 points after your second stay, an additional 10,000 (total 15,000) after your 3rd stay, an additional 15,000 (total 30,000) after your fifth stay etc.
What is interesting is that this promotion is based on stays and not nights. Last Spring, for example, the promotion was worth 120,000 points for completing 20 nights. This one could be more generous – 150,000 points for 15 stays – IF the majority of your stays were just one night.
What are your bonus Radisson points worth?
I value a Radisson Rewards point at around 0.33p. Let’s convert that into your return per STAY:
- Complete 2 stays, earn 5,000 bonus points – you get £8.25 per stay
- Complete 3 stays, earn 15,000 bonus points – you get £16.50 per stay
- Complete 5 stays, earn 30,000 bonus points – you get £19.80 per stay
- Complete 10 stays, earn 75,000 bonus points – you get £24.75 per stay
- Complete 15 stays, earn 150,000 bonus points – you get £33 per stay
This is ludicrously generous if you are doing cheap one-night stays. If you have to do a couple of nights per week in dingy Park Inn hotels around the UK, you’d probably be getting 50% of your spend back if you hit 15 stays.
These are only your bonus points, of course. I’m not even factoring in your base points or any status bonus you may have. Radisson Rewards has a very generous earning rate of 20 base points per $1.
Even better, existing bookings WILL count. Interestingly, even points and ‘points and cash’ stays will count too.
Let me explain how silly this promo could be. The cheapest Radisson Rewards redemption is 9,000 points per night. There aren’t any 9,000 point hotels in the UK any longer, but if there is one near you, you would actually make a profit by staying there 15 times on redemptions over the next 10 weeks. 15 stays would cost you 135,000 points and you’d earn 150,000 points back.
You MUST register in order to take part, which can be done at this page of the Radisson Rewards website.
How to earn Radisson Rewards points from UK credit cards (July 2021)
Radisson Rewards does not have a dedicated UK credit card. However, you can earn Radisson Rewards points by converting Membership Rewards points earned from selected UK American Express cards. These include:
- American Express Preferred Rewards Gold (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 20,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 60,000 Radisson Rewards points. This card is FREE for your first year and also comes with two free airport lounge passes.
- The Platinum Card from American Express (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 30,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 90,000 Radisson Rewards points
- American Express Rewards credit card (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 5,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 15,000 Radisson Rewards points. This card is FREE for life.
Membership Rewards points convert at 1:3 into Radisson Rewards points which is a very attractive rate. The cards above all earn 1 Membership Rewards point per £1 spent on your card, which converts to 3 Radisson Rewards points.
Even better, holders of The Platinum Card receive free Radisson Rewards Gold status for as long as they hold the card. It also comes with Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold and MeliaRewards Gold status. We reviewed American Express Platinum in detail here.
(Want to earn more hotel points? Click here to see our complete list of promotions from the major hotel chains or use the ‘Hotel Offers’ link in the menu bar at the top of the page.)