Qatar Business Class

Good Accor deal – earn 6,000 bonus Avios (or €120) for 3 x 2-night stays

Accor Hotels, which owns Novotel / Ibis / Mercure / M Gallery / Sofitel / Pullman / Raffles / Swissotel / Fairmont etc, has brought back its potentially generous promotion to earn 6,000 bonus Avios or €120 of hotel credit.

You will earn 6,000 Avios (or a variable pile of other airline miles or 6,000 Accor Live Limitless points) if you complete three x 2-night stays at Accor properties between 14th February and 7th June 2020.

That is clearly a decent deal, although the two night restriction per stay could be tricky. If you can make it work around your work or leisure plans, however, you are looking at a good result.

You must book your stays between now and 6th March. You need to book via the Accor website or a corporate travel agent. Stays booked via hotel wholesalers such as Expedia, Hotels.com, booking.com etc will not count.

Existing bookings do NOT count. These need to be cancelled and rebooked.  Only bookings made after you have registered (link here) are eligible.

Accor 6000 points promotion

How to register

More importantly, you MUST register for this promotion via the offer websiteAll you need to do is to go to that page and log in.

What is the bonus?

The bonus is dropped into your account in the form of 6,000 Accor Live Limitless points:

Your first 2-night stay comes with 500 bonus points

Your second 2-night stay comes with 2,500 bonus points

Your third 2-night stay comes with 3,000 bonus points

Earn 6000 bonus Accor Live Limitless points

Whilst the Accor website for this promotion focuses on taking points, you can convert your 6,000 bonus points (plus base points) into airline miles. For the main programmes I write about, the conversion rates are:

Flying Blue 2:1

British Airways Executive Club Avios: 2:1

Iberia Avios: 1:1 (so don’t convert to BA!)

Emirates Skywards: 2:1

Etihad Guest: 2:1

Miles & More: 2:1

The secret with converting to Avios is to send them to an Iberia Plus account to get the higher 1:1 conversion rate.  You can then use ‘Combine My Avios’ to move them to British Airways Executive Club.  You can’t transfer out of Iberia Plus accounts until they are 90 days old, so if you open one specifically for this offer then you might have a slight delay before you can move the Avios across.

However, whilst 6,000 Avios is certainly attractive, you need to remember that by converting to Avios in the Iberia programme, you are effectively ‘paying’ 2 Eurocents per Avios compared to taking €120 in Accor hotel vouchers.  The hotel vouchers are therefore a better deal unless you have no plans to use them – although, if all of your Accor travel is through your job, it is very possible that you won’t mind giving up the vouchers.

In all of the other airline schemes you are paying 4 Eurocents per mile which is very poor.  If you are not primarily an Avios collector I would seriously suggest taking the €120 of vouchers instead.

You can find full details of the offer, and the link to register, on the Accor website here. Remember that bookings must be made by 6th March even though you do not need to stay until 7th June.

Bits: Win an AMAZING £4,000+ prize on HFP on Friday, IHG 4th night free offer, Frankfurt Airport gets a Marriott
Book now - Marriott Bonvoy announces which hotels are going up in points price on 4th March

Comments

1. Richard says:

I get a ‘your status does not qualify you for this offer’.
    I’m gold with Accor . Anyone know what this means or how to fix?

• No, I’d love to know how to fix it. I get this every single time I try to register for any offer. I’m now Classic (largely because this discourages me from staying with Accor), having been Platinum through AMEX, and Silver through stays (before my status stopped qualifying me for these offers).

• I was able to register as gold, so it’s not simply that gold status is not valid.

• Same here. Can’t sign up for any promotion with Accor since the day I paid for a subscription to the Accor Business program.

Thanks, Accor 🙁

• Hotel-User says:

E mail Customer Service – they will fix this.

Offer is open to all statuses ( Accor just show one on the promotion image – it does confuse )

2. I have tried to find out from Mercure if – with this offer – a stay of 4 nights in one hotel will count for the same number of points as 2 x 2 nights. (I’d have thought it was better for Accor to have someone in a room for 4 nights rather than make 2 separate visits!) I have received no reply! Also it does say that it only applies to “participating” hotels – again I asked if the one I’m interested in is included but still waiting to hear. Does anyone have any information, please?

• A ‘stay’ is defined as 2+ nights, so you need to change hotels half way to get two lots of credit.

‘Participating’ hotels are those that take part in the loyalty scheme, so ibis Budget, for example, is excluded. Mercure is fine.

• Lady London says:

Sorry to be blunt but this is all clearly stated in the ts and c’s when you click. Moreover it’s a very common on promotions across hotel groups that consecutive nights in same hotel count as 1 stay for the promotion.

Jus’ sayin’.

A way to get around this if there are 2 of you both staying is you both register for the promotion then each book alternate nights in the 4 nights. Then speak to hotel and request to stay in same room 4 nights. You can explain why, a lot of staff will have seen it before

3. I have a £4000 stay coming up at Mercure later this month, clearly a lot of points to be had however I am only a classic member, there doesn’t seem to be any way to status match is there ? I’m not looking for perks but if I could get a % increase in base stay points that would be a big increase, any ideas ?

4. ankomonkey says:

I really hate Accor ALL. I simply can’t get excited about this programme or the vast majority of their hotels. The competitor programmes have their faults, but they’re all better than ALL (IMHO).

• TGLoyalty says:

Yep flat rate discount back has never appealed. No gaming aspect at all.

• Lady London says:

This is the key thing IHG has missed by their castration of Accelerate.

In case we thought they weren’t serious, now they’ve killed Points Breaks as well

• I have to admit Accor is the least interesting loyalty scheme for exactly that reason – no gaming. I also find their hotels the most soulless, clinical properties I’ve stayed in.

Unfortunately they’ve tended to be the most convenient during a lot of travelling around France in the last couple of years. I have tended to book on hotels.com just to avoid their hideous website and not to have to chase up points via Iberia.

• ankomonkey says:

“I also find their hotels the most soulless, clinical properties I’ve stayed in.” Completely agree.

• The good thing ALL (ex LCAH) is a very transparent program. No artificial inflation (mmhhh… some Marriott, Hilton, IHG,… have in the last copule of year increase the required points by 100-200%).

I agree it’s not aspirational. But if you mainly travel off-peak… all those aspirational properties are useless with points regardless.

5. Stephan says:

May have already been asked but do you qualify if you book via a third party?

• TGLoyalty says:

General rule is 3rd party bookings don’t qualify for anything rewards related.

Especially if it’s an online travel agent / booking site.

• Why book via a 3rd party when there’s a near permanent 15% moneyreturn by clicking through from Corporate Perks?

6. Accor points have become less value since the rebrand. The private sales Accor run can no longer be booked using Accor points 🙁

Check the current Private Sale T’s&Cs for confirmation 🙁

The points used to be just like cash with the only exception being you didn’t earn points if you’d used points.

• You still get points on the cash element you have paid, just not the portion paid for with points.

• Lady London says:

But if you use any points at all for any portion of a stay then that means the whole stay won’t be counted towards any promotion.

• Lady London says:

The private sales pages at Accor are a permanent mess. The offer is not consistent. You have to go prett much through all of them for all the countries to see what’s there. Frankly I have better things to do with my life.

I’d do it for Hyatt or possibly some others but the poor organization of the information by Accor really annoys me. If I wanted to stay with Accor (or more likely if I had to) then there are other ways to get a slightly better price that won’t waste do much of my time.

7. Slightly OT – Trying to sign up for Accor’s Miles+Points offer with Air France but getting an unspecific error every time. Have contacted Customer Service but no response in a week.

Anyone managed to get this working?

8. Lady London says:

@Cat and anyone else who is unable to sign up for this or any promotion getting the “you are not qualified for this promotion.

Accor’s Customer Service telephone number in the UK is 01224 398802.