Important dates for your diary – offers about to close which you shouldn’t miss (Feb 2020)

Here is the latest edition of our fortnightly feature which summarises offers that are ending soon. It pulls together the different deals mentioned on our Avios Promos, Hotel Promos, Credit Cards and regular article pages.

You don’t need to be worried about missing a good deal – we’ve got you covered.

calendar

The next fortnight is looking quiet.

The big news is that KLM, Air France and Delta will all be bookable using Virgin Flying Club miles from Thursday which opens up a world (literally!) of possibilities.

We are yet to see how much these redemptions will cost but we will be running a full article as soon as we know.

Deals closing soon:

Wednesday 12th February

Last day to book for the Avios ‘joker’ promotion (requires 4 Club World bookings).  Article.

Thursday 13th February

FIRST day to redeem Virgin Flying Club miles on Air France and KLM flights, and vice versa!  Article.

Sunday 16th February

Last day to earn 3,000 Avios with £300 of British Airways spend on your BA Amex (targeted).  Article.

Wednesday 19th February

Last day for 100% bonus when you buy Hilton Honors points.  Article.

Tuesday 25th February

Last day to apply for the Starwood Amex before the sign-up package worsens.  Article.

Wednesday 26th February

Launch date for the new Marriott Bonvoy Amex card.  Article.

Thursday 27th February

Last chance to get 75% bonus when buying IHG Rewards Club points. Article.

Friday 28th February

Last to day to book with Amex Travel for £50 cashback on £200 spend.  Article.

Last day to get 25,000 miles when taking out the Virgin Atlantic Reward+ credit card. Article.

Last day for bonus Qmiles when you join Qatar Privilege ClubArticle.

Saturday 29th February

Last chance to win 2 business class flights with Qatar Airways in our exclusive competition! Article.

Last chance to book a ‘Domes’ hotel and get HFP-exclusive benefits.  Article.

Last day to get 3000 bonus Accor points and 25% off with EuropcarArticle.

Last day to get 25% discount when buying World of Hyatt points. Article.

Last day to get 1000 Virgin Flying Club miles for turning on Tesco Clubcard auto-conversion.  Article.

The little-known way that Amex Platinum gets you Star Alliance Silver and fast track Star Alliance Gold
Review: The Escape Lounge at London Stansted Airport

AMEX Gold 20,000 bonus points

Comments

1. ayearinmx says:

for the 3000 points with a £300 spend, does it actually tell you when you’ve done it, or do you just get the reward at the end of the period of time?

• Sussex bantam says:

I got a success email and the points credited a few days later

• Without the previous promo it took over a week since spend for it to show in my account. With this promo, I am now on day 5. So it varies.

2. Lady London says:

You forgot to mention that as this year is a Leap Year – it has the extra day of 29th February which only occurs every 4 years – traditionally that’s the day when ladies can propose marriage to their partners rather than the other way round. Any other day ladies are supposed to wait to receive a proposal of marriage from their gentleman and not allowed to do the asking.

3. FlyingChris says:

BA 3000 Amex Promo: Looking at flights that are £290 – any tips for just getting over the £300 mark? Would a £10 Flying Start donation work, or would the backend know / be processed differently?

4. thehornets says:

O/T: I’m looking to top up some savings with Revolut using Creation. I seem to remember some people saying there were daily/weekly limits. Can anyone confirm? Thanks in advance.

• £200/ day and £700/week. You’ll get hit with interest and/or cash advance fees now.

• thehornets says:

Thank you. My intention is to pay off the IHG amount in advance so I don’t incur any/many cash advance interest fees

• The cash advance fee could be higher than your points are worth. Do let us know if that’s not the case, however…

5. rahaney says:

If you’ve never had an Amex SPG can you open the old SPG before the 25th earn the intro bonus, transfer points to avios after 60 days and then close it for the pro rata refund?
    Thanks,

• Yep! Do it quickly before the bonus drops when Bonvoy rebranded card launches at the end of the month.

• Peter K says:

I think you are confusing it with a Membership Reward card. The points earned on the SPG card cannot be manually moved across, they sweep across automatically a few days before each statement. Also they are Bonvoy points, not Avios.

You only get the bonus (unless lucky) if you’ve not had any other personal Amex in the last 24 months.

6. OT: With the Morrison gift card, can you actually get a cash withdrawal using it at a till or was that just a theory?

• Shoestring says:

not tried it – but I did once buy lottery tickets (illogical as that is!) on M vouchers, they are treated as cash

• TGLoyalty says:

Out of interest why is that illogical?

It’s a Morrison’s gift card and you are spending it on something in Morrison’s when they are selling you a lottery ticket they are selling the ticket and then paying NL for it less a small commission.

• Shoestring says:

illogical to buy lottery tickets, the odds are so poor

I did 5 weeks of £12.50x Euromillions to get it out of my system & promised myself to not waste any more money if I lost overall

I won 2 lots of about £5-6 so that was £50 wasted I’ll never get back – but I got it out of my system 🙂

• Shoestring says:

well, £45 wasted as I was getting my 10% Amex discount

• I did a few scratch cards during shop small. Just about broke even I think!

• TGLoyalty says:

Ah gotcha. The lottery is illogical I thought maybe I missed some term on these GCs.

You went in a little hard. 1 line on an odd occasion is enough for me. £50 probably last me a few years in losses

• Yes I previously brought a £1 scratch card and got £9 in change (My cost) with the Morrisions paper vouchers but now those days are gone 🙁

7. I have some Hertz points due to expire in a couple of days
    If there any airline or hotel system I can transfer them to?
    Be grateful of any advice

• Shoestring says:

not possible

you can transfer them to a spouse or domestic partner, which presumably gives them another 18 months expiry – costs nothing to set them up as Gold, if you are single you could just invent somebody/ your imaginary partner

• I think – could be wrong – that logging in to the US site still lets you transfer to IHG etc?

• Shoestring says:

yep stand corrected – there’s a ‘but’ though
        [If you have Five Star or President’s Circle status, you can also transfer your points to participating airline and hotel loyalty programs:
        Alaska Airlines
        American Airlines
        Amtrak
        Delta Air Lines
        Frontier Airlines
        IHG Rewards Club
        Marriott Bonvoy
        Southwest Airlines
        Spirit Airlines
        United Airlines]

• Yes, log in via US site. You can transfer then to IHG and Marriott. I did just that in December. If I remember correctly, the rate is 1000 Marriott points for 600 Hertz points.

8. RE: Qmile bonus, is this Qmile only and cannot be converted to avios? Assuming I put my BAEC account number to get the avios upon booking?

Cheers,
    Vit

9. Virgin points on KLM/Air France might be a total game changer for me, as my local airport is Cardiff.

I’ve been able to collect 200-300k avios each year through Cards and hotels – generally speaking, is it just as easy to collect virgin miles? I’ve never checked on rocket miles / kaligo etc

chance of an article rob? “are you thinking of switching from Avios to Virgin”….
    :0)