Save £29 on Virgin Atlantic Economy Classic and Economy Delight flights

Until 2nd March, Virgin Atlantic is offering an extra £29 saving on flights in its Economy Classic and Economy Delight cabins to all destinations.

Full details are on the Virgin Atlantic website here. You do not need a promo code to book the offer.

There are two good reasons to book Economy Delight – one relating to comfort and one relating to miles.  Most people only look at the first one and don’t bother to work out the impact of the improved mileage earning, which is a mistake.

First up is comfort.

Economy Classic:  Standard Economy fare with checked luggage included, can be upgraded to Premium Economy with miles

Economy Delight: Extra legroom (34″ pitch), priority check-in and priority boarding, can be upgraded to Premium Economy with miles

The second reason is more miles.

Economy Classic:  earns 50% of miles flown plus 25 tier points each-way

Economy Delight:  earns 150% of miles flown plus 50 tier points each-way

On the longer Virgin Atlantic flights the additional cost of Economy Delight is virtually offset by the additional Virgin Flying Club miles you earn.  The extra leg room and other benefits are pretty much free!

We reviewed Economy Delight in 2018 on a flight to New York which you can read here.

If you want to find out more about the different Economy products, you can read our in depth comparison here.  This page of the Virgin Atlantic site shows you the differences between the fare classes.

You can book the £29 off Economy Delight and Economy Classic fares on the Virgin Atlantic website here.  The offer runs until 2nd March.

To maximise your miles when paying, your best bet is one of the two Virgin Atlantic Reward credit cards.  These earn double miles (3 per £1 on the paid card or 1.5 per £1 on the free card) when you book at virginatlantic.com or via Virgin Holidays.  Another option is American Express Preferred Rewards Gold which offers double points – 2 per £1 – when you book flight tickets directly with an airline.

Virgin Atlantic Economy Delight

How to earn Virgin Atlantic miles from UK credit cards

As a reminder, there are various ways of earning Virgin Flying Club miles from UK credit cards.  Many cards also have generous sign-up bonuses!

Click here to read our detailed summary of all UK credit cards which earn Virgin Flying Club miles.  That page is regularly updated with the latest special offers and will still be accurate even if you are reading this article months after publication.

You should also take a look at our recent article on the top 10 reasons to get the Virgin Atlantic Reward+ Mastercard credit card.

Get 5,000 bonus points for new Hilton Honors members
Which Virgin Atlantic credit card is best for you?

EXCLUSIVE HFP READER OFFER FOR SME's!
Get points worth 15,000 Avios as a sign-up bonus!
OFFER ENDS 13th JULY
15,000 Avios with Capital on Tap Mastercard

Comments

1. Aleks Nicole says:

OT:
    I’m currently booked onto a China Eastern flight from Male – Colombo on 4th April, MU714.
    I’m trying to find out if these flights are still running due to Corona and if I’m eligible for a refund – China Eastern’s terrible website is giving me nothing and Google is just telling me that the flight is currently not running but with no other information. Do any of the wizards on here know how I could go about getting accurate information?
    Thanks!

• Have you tried…
      Contact Us. London Town Office: Add: 37-39 George Street, London W1U 3QD Tel: 020 7935 2676. E-mail: [email protected](for English only) Opening Hours: Monday – Friday 0900 – 1700 .

2. Monese rejecting a paypoint topup via co-op and amex the last two days for me. I’m on premium so hopefully it’s only a temporary glitch 🙁

• £240 and £240 2hours ago.. No issues..

• I had this, it now works fine so wait a few days and try again.

• Okay for me lunchtime.

• Are you aware that there is a limit of £5,000 per rolling 30 days? I wasn’t it until I had this problem error -96.

• You’ll need to ask them to upgrade your limits Mark 🙂

@Harry T … see how it’s done, Mark showing you the way!

• @BJ
          With Post Office blocked, I’m not sure whether there are any good options for me to top up Monese. Most of the pay points seem to be in supermarkets round me, and they only allow cash top ups. Haven’t had time to explore options to be honest!

• Must be loads of co-ops in Newcastle surely? Also worth trying Esso and McColls.

• Thanks, duly noted! I presume they only allow £249 at a time? I may start using Monese again (will have to pay) to hit the upgrade spend on partner’s plat.

• I’ve kept mine under £200 but I think most do close to the limit no problem. I am nkt sure if all McColls tajd amex but there are reports that at least some do.

• Are you just using the coop? My only concern is I’d have to do quite a few runs to break even on £15 a month, given there’s not a coop close by.

• Didn’t you use the 3 month free code?

• @BJ
            I used the three month free code before Christmas to help me attain a 241 voucher. I’ve also used the ONEMONTHFREE or whatever it was. Don’t have any codes for a free month now, alas.

• Shoestring says:

PREMIUMPLEASE – 3 months

• I don’t think that is possible, but worth a try!

3. 160 Virgin miles, 18 MR points, 8 x 200g ribeye steaks, 4 bags steak cut chips, and a few More points for £18 net at Morrisons this weekend.

• Not got the 10% off £20 spen then ?

• I see you have note to self do the maths first.

• What am I missing? 8 steaks = 4 deals so 4 x £5 = £20 spent x 8 Virgin miles /£ = 160 miles. £20 less 10% amex offer = £18 = 18 MR after adjustment or am I still slow today 🙂 Ignored the More poihts as I don’t know how they work.⁷

4. Morrison’s meat is actually very good quality.

• Shoestring says:

M’s – great meat, fish, bakery, fruit & veg – they said they’ll happily recruit most of the 2000-odd in-store makers that Tesco said they’re shedding this week

Got a lot of time for M’s – I don’t think anybody rational could choose between the overall fresh food quality in M’s, Sainsbury or Waitrose

Just not as good value as Lidl, where the admittedly more limited range of Fresh is of similar quality & much cheaper

• Shoestring says:

*bakers

• I have to disagree from our local shops perspective.

Lidl: often mouldy fruit and veg. Meat’s okay.

Sainsbury’s: Veg does not last. Poultry goes off on the Use by or day before. Other meat good.

• Shoestring says:

that’s down to the quality of local mgt, not the overall proposition

when I was about 27 I had about 30 mgrs reporting to me, each responsible for their unit

it was a real eye-opener how the individual ability & approach of the mgr made all the difference, with essentially the same offering

sadly I had to dismiss a few for under-performance and bring in new people – it was amazing how a new, positive approach made all the difference to essentially the same proposition

attention to detail, getting the offering right every time, refusal to accept anything other than good to great being seen by consumers

5. At typically £20+/kg it’s a good deal and if we’re in for offers why not so I thought I’d post.

6. O/T – anyone recently tried to downgrade BA AMEX to the free card on chat,
    I have just been told right now I can only do it over the phone!

“I’m sorry, card changing a sensitive process and so we need to have a verbal confirmation. This service is not available over the chat.

The card can only be changed or swapped over the phone after your verbal confirmation.”

7. aDifferentSimon says:

Anyone want to buy some amazon vouchers!?

8. O/T – Applied for the SPG card last Friday pre change over…got the usual delay message on application and was notified it was approved on Tuesday and arrived today…but its the new Marriot card. Not quite sure how that happened!

9. flamingpenguin says:

Had a terrible stay at a HIX this weekend – Wife and I had very little sleep due to a faulty roof – It sounded like someone was drilling everytime the wind blew. It was clearly a known issue at the time of checkin as they immediately acknowledged the problem when I complained in the morning. (I also asked to change rooms during the night but no other rooms were available) It ruined the weekend as we got so little sleep and it seems wrong that they would keep takings booking for rooms where they knew this was an issue. The room was booked on points which have been refunded but am I entitled to anything further due to impact on our weekend? I’m Plat and it’s really made m think twice abiut using IHG again.

• Shoestring says:

doubt it

points stay—> you already got your points back

so now you’re looking for cash or points compo on top for a ruined night’s sleep

chance it – why not? – but be pleasant/ polite if you are going to get anything more at all, would be my advice – maybe you’ll get a credit against a future stay

10. O/T: seems like a long time since IHG announced the Mr and Mrs Smith partnership – anyone have an idea when these hotels might be bookable?

• No. We keep asking ….

Also not clear how they will be priced for points, because IHG is paying them FULL RATE for redemption bookings. This would imply a six figure points sum in some cases unless IHG is prepared to take losses.

• Thanks for the update Rob – thought you’d have been on the case. Noted re: points too. Be interesting to see what happens with earning and free nights vouchers