Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

BrewDog’s ‘Speedbird 100’ British Airways beer now available for home delivery!

As part of the British Airways 100th birthday celebrations, BrewDog created a special beer for the airline.

Called ‘Speedbird 100’, it is described as:

Built from the ground up for British Airways to celebrate their centenary. This IPA is as golden amber as a Transatlantic sun rise. Candied citrus, floral and resinous notes fill the cabin. Bitter-sweet to taste, tropical fruits disembark in rapid succession, all resting on a caramelized malt fuselage. Cruising at an altitude of 4.8% ABV, please sit back, relax and enjoy the beer.

‘Speedbird 100’ was not previously available for delivery, unless you were an investor in the company.  However, BrewDog has obviously been caught out by the lack of British Airways flights which means that there are no opportunities to serve it onboard.

It is now available via the BrewDog online shop – see here.

The shop is open and promising delivery in three to five days.

It isn’t cheap.  A 24-can case costs £43.20.  You also have delivery on top unless you order a total of 48 cans, although you can mix and match with other BrewDog beers to reach the 48-can level.

You can find out more on the BrewDog website here.

Comments (55)

• Alastair says:

Ordered a crate of this last week. £1.80 a can is fantastic value in my opinion, it’s great beer!
    Of course, with delivery, and possible taxes taken into account, I’m looking at nearly twice that – but in the nordics where I live – it’s still cheap 😉

• Kris says:

I just got a delivery the other day but didn’t notice the BA one on the website. Next time I guess. The BA beer is expensive but the Lost Lager is only £1/can. Be prepared to wait a bit. Mine took just over a week

• Lynn says:

We used to live in the very small town where Brew Dog moved to after they had outgrown their first set up. They are still in Ellon Aberdeenshire but we have moved a few miles south. I consider it a “local” brewery to me along with the gin distilleries which I now live near… there’s a theme evolving here lol.
    We should have been flying down to JNB in 2 weeks time, no doubt a couple or 3 speedbirds would have helped us on our way! So as consolation I have ordered a pack from BD and we will recreate what should have been! I’m hoping we can get a seat in our lounge and make it to the gate on time.
    Doors to manual and cross check!

• Alan says:

The Brewdog AirCraft they have in F is a much better beer……IMO of course.

• TripRep says:

It’s actually ok for a BrewDog beer, tropical fruit hints perfect for summer days.

Of course it tastes better for free in BA Galleries or in CW.

Plenty of better craft breweries local to their origins.

Windswept, Fierce and 6 Degrees North all come to mind.

Windswept mainly name their beers after RAF aircraft as they are based at Lossiemouth and owned by ex-RAF officers

• Moarner says:

I thought it was the worst bet I had ever had to be honest

• David says:

Do BrewDog offer additional Avios with these purchases? If not, why not?