Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

BrewDog’s ‘Speedbird 100’ British Airways beer now available for home delivery!

As part of the British Airways 100th birthday celebrations, BrewDog created a special beer for the airline.

Called ‘Speedbird 100’, it is described as:

Built from the ground up for British Airways to celebrate their centenary. This IPA is as golden amber as a Transatlantic sun rise. Candied citrus, floral and resinous notes fill the cabin. Bitter-sweet to taste, tropical fruits disembark in rapid succession, all resting on a caramelized malt fuselage. Cruising at an altitude of 4.8% ABV, please sit back, relax and enjoy the beer.

‘Speedbird 100’ was not previously available for delivery, unless you were an investor in the company.  However, BrewDog has obviously been caught out by the lack of British Airways flights which means that there are no opportunities to serve it onboard.

It is now available via the BrewDog online shop – see here.

The shop is open and promising delivery in three to five days.

It isn’t cheap.  A 24-can case costs £43.20.  You also have delivery on top unless you order a total of 48 cans, although you can mix and match with other BrewDog beers to reach the 48-can level.

You can find out more on the BrewDog website here.

Comments (55)

• Simon says:

I noticed this for sale yesterday but hadn’t appreciated it wasn’t previously available online. There is also 4 cans for £7.20 if you wanted to add a smaller number of cans to a larger order.

• AndyGWP says:

It’s been available in individual cans online since before Christmas. Been £1.80 for a good few weeks too 👍🏻

• ChrisC says:

£1.80 a can is an OK price for what it is.

Heck BA charge £4.45 for a 330ml can on the BoB menu.

• The Original David says:

But… when BA launched BoB they promised they weren’t going to charge rip-off prices, “like other carriers do”. Surely there must be some mistake…

• Bluekjp says:

BA said that they wouldn’t charge rip-off prices for M&S products onboard but would only add a few percent for the extra carriage costs.
        Brewdog IPA is not an M&S product, therefore BA have not broken their word on that.

• The Original Nick says:

I wouldn’t pay that much for it. I must admit I have drank copious amounts of it sat in CW. Air Craft is quite a nice beer too.

• Alex W says:

Nowhere does it tell you the can size? Assuming it’s 330ml then the price works out to over £3 per pint. Cheaper than a London pub but a massive premium over a nice can of Hobgoblin or Doom Bar.

For people that like fancy ‘craft’ beers, there are loads of offers out there for Beer52. You can get the price down to nearer £1 per 330ml can.

• tony says:

BrewDog prices vary quite widely per can. I put an order in a couple of weeks back (when you could properly mix & match which was clearly a nightmare for distribution. Got 48 cans (so free delivery) for just over £60, with a few cans of speedbird thrown into the mix.

• Mike P says:

Placed my order the other day for 24 speedbird and 24 punk ipa.

I quite like Speedbird. First had it nearly a year ago where I flew to Reykjavik in J. They’d just launched it and it wasn’t in the J bar yet nor lounges so I ended up buying it from the BoB menu to try.

Also had a load at a mate’s wedding in Germany in Sept. Helped get over my anxiety of being there in a shirt and jeans after KLM left my suit in AMS!

• Harry T says:

Bit rude of KLM!

• Chrisasaurus says:

Pro tip for anyone else stuck – suits are available in Germany also

• Heathrow Flyer says:

Pro Tip #2
        Keep any essentials with you in the cabin.

• Mike P says:

I’d just bought a new suit a few weeks before and it didn’t make a huge amount of sense to even attempt to buy yet another one (even though they get a reasonable amount of wear) in the 2 hours I had in a Dresden shopping mall to find something whilst my wife was going nuts trying to find a dress also!

• Rob says:

They generally tend to come in odd shades like dark green though!

• Novice says:

Couldn’t you have hired a suit to decrease the anxiety 😂

• CV3V says:

Shirt and jeans at a German wedding, did you fall foul of the rule that no one takes their jacket off until the groom takes his jacket off? Happened to me at a wedding there where at the reception everyone seemed to take their jacket off at the same time. It had been 40 degree heat all day and i didn’t even wear a jacket all day.

• Andrew (@andrewseftel) says:

Probably last chance to buy it too. Even before the whole C19 thing, they were going to replace it with a new pale ale called Jet Stream.

• Neil says:

Like many I have drunk a fair bit of this in BA lounges or onboard but during the current unpleasantness I’m trying to support small local independents who are doing delivery of their beer to make up for zero pub trade. Have had some excellent beers and service has been excellent as its often the brewer or one of their team that brings the beers. Had a few the day after they were canned or bottled so I may never leave home again – shop local if you can

• Heathrow Flyer says:

Does anyone have any recommendations for local beer suppliers for online delivery/collection? Prefer more of a craft lager than an ale usually, I noticed Beer 52 stocks very few lagers.

• John Caribbean says:

Local breweries, real ale and otherwise, can be searched for on the CAMRA Pulling Together site.
      camra.org.uk/pullingtogether/brewery-initiatives/

• Lumma says:

Check if any local pubs are doing takeaway on your daily walks.

If you like Brooklyn lager and live in London they’ve got a £20 pack of 12 cans of 3 different lagers of which £5 goes to hospitality action. Pick-up points seem to be local breweries so a chance to support them also and maybe pick up some other beers too – my local in East London is London Fields brewery buy I’m guessing they have other locations too

• CV3V says:

its no longer small, but I recommend Drygate (which is very local to me) which can be ordered online, always preferred their stuff to Brewdog. Their brewery and bar are also a great destination to visit.

• Stagger Lee says:

Flavourly have a good selection of lagers

I’m getting my beer from North Brewing in Leeds, as they do local deliveries from their brewery a mile away from where I live) – https://www.northbrewing.com/

Brass Castle in Malton are good as well – https://brasscastle.co.uk/

• Joseph Heenan says:

Harviestoun and Williams brothers both do great beers and have online shops at reasonable prices, they’re both smaller Scottish breweries

• Liam says:

This has been on sale in their online shop since a few weeks after it launched with BA. I think it was out of stock recently but it was on sale in the shop in March.