Get a FREE hotel night if you join Marriott Bonvoy and complete just two stays
Links on Head for Points may pay us an affiliate commission. A list of partners is here.
Marriott Bonvoy is running a generous new offer for anyone who is not currently a member.
If you join and make two stays at any of the Marriott brands between now and 28th September, you will receive a voucher for a FREE night.
The sign-up page for the offer is here.
This is strictly for new members of Marriott Bonvoy. However, even if you are already a member, perhaps your partner or someone else you travel with is not.
The only ‘catch’ is that the free night is only valid at hotels costing up to 25,000 Marriott Bonvoy points per night. This means, at least in Europe, you are looking at a three-star property.
In the parlance of the Marriott system, 25,000 points is good for a free night at any Category 1-3 hotel or an off-peak or standard priced night at a Category 4.
The rules say that:
“You may use additional points to upgrade your room type, subject to availability.”
This implies, to me, that if the hotel has base rooms at 25,000 points but also has executive rooms or suites at a higher points level, you will be allowed to add additional points if you wish.
Apart from that, there are not many rules:
Your free night must be used within one year of receiving your voucher, which will be generated after your 2nd stay
You need to do two stays, not two nights. Booking two back-to-back stays at the same hotel will not work.
Where can I use my Marriott Bonvoy free night voucher?
Whilst the voucher can be used globally, this list shows the UK hotels which can be booked for 25,000 points and is a decent example of the sort of place you’ll be spending your free night.
Remember that any Category 4 hotels on this list can only be booked on off-peak or standard dates, as a peak date is 30,000 points and above the voucher cap.
- Aberdeen Marriott
- AC Hotel Belfast
- AC Hotel Birmingham
- AC Hotel Manchester Salford Quays
- AC Hotel Manchester City Centre
- Aloft Aberdeen
- Aloft Birmingham Eastside
- Aloft Liverpool (reviewed here)
- Aloft London Excel (reviewed here)
- Bexleyheath Marriott
- Bristol Marriott City Centre
- Bristol Marriott Royal
- Courtyard Aberdeen Airport
- Courtyard Edinburgh West
- Courtyard Glasgow Airport
- Courtyard Inverness Airport (reviewed here)
- Courtyard London City Airport (opens August)
- Courtyard London Gatwick
- Courtyard London Heathrow (opens August)
- Courtyard Luton Airport
- Courtyard Oxford South
- Courtyard Oxford City Centre
- Delta Hotels Cheltenham Chase
- Delta Hotels Milton Keynes
- Delta Hotels Nottingham Belfry
- Durham Marriott
- Forest of Arden Marriott
- Glasgow Marriott
- Heathrow / Windsor Marriott
- Huntingdon Marriott
- Leeds Marriott
- Leicester Marriott
- Lingfield Park Marriott
- Liverpool Marriott City Centre
- London Marriott Twickenham
- Manchester Airport Marriott (photo above, reviewed here)
- Moxy Aberdeen Airport
- Moxy Birmingham NEC
- Moxy Chester
- Moxy Edinburgh Airport
- Moxy Glasgow SEC
- Moxy Glasgow Merchant City
- Moxy London Excel (reviewed here)
- Moxy London Heathrow
- Moxy London Stratford
- Moxy Heathrow Airport
- Moxy Southampton
- Moxy York
- Newcastle Gateshead Marriot Metro Centre
- Northampton Marriott
- Peterborough Marriott
- Portsmouth Marriott
- Preston Marriott
- Renaissance London Heathrow
- Renaissance Manchester City Centre
- Residence Inn Aberdeen
- Sheraton Skyline Heathrow
- Sheraton Heathrow
- St Pierre Marriott
- Swansea Marriott
- Swindon Marriott
- Tudor Park Marriott
- University Arms, Cambridge (probably the best on this list – see here, pictured below)
- Waltham Abbey Marriott
- Worsley Park Marriott
The sign-up page for the offer – remember that you must be a brand new Marriott Bonvoy member – is here.
How to earn Marriott Bonvoy points and status from UK credit cards (June 2023)
There are various ways of earning Marriott Bonvoy points from UK credit cards. Many cards also have generous sign-up bonuses.
The official Marriott Bonvoy American Express card comes with 20,000 points for signing up, 2 points for every £1 you spend and 15 elite night credits per year.
You can apply here.
Marriott Bonvoy American Express
20,000 points sign-up bonus and 15 elite night credits each year Read our full review
You can also earn Marriott Bonvoy points by converting American Express Membership Rewards points at the rate of 2:3.
Do you know that holders of The Platinum Card from American Express receive FREE Marriott Bonvoy Gold status for as long as they hold the card? It also comes with Hilton Honors Gold, Radisson Rewards Premium and MeliaRewards Gold status. We reviewed American Express Platinum in detail here and you can apply here.
SPECIAL OFFER: Until 13th June, the sign-up bonus on The Platinum Card is doubled to 60,000 Membership Rewards points (worth 90,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) – and you get £200 to spend at Amex Travel too! Apply here.
The Platinum Card from American Express
60,000 points AND a £200 Amex Travel voucher until 13th June! Read our full review
You can also earn Marriott Bonvoy points indirectly:
- American Express Gold (20,000 bonus Amex points)
- American Express Rewards Credit Card (10,000 bonus Amex points)
and for small business owners:
- American Express Business Gold (20,000 bonus Amex points)
- American Express Business Platinum (40,000 bonus Amex points)
The conversion rate from American Express to Marriott Bonvoy points is 2:3.
Click here to read our detailed summary of all UK credit cards which can be used to earn Marriott Bonvoy points.
(Want to earn more hotel points? Click here to see our complete list of promotions from the major hotel chains or use the ‘Hotel Offers’ link in the menu bar at the top of the page.)