UPDATE – MAY 2021: This article is now out of date, but don’t worry. We produce a monthly summary of the top hotel bonus point offers – please click HERE or use the ‘Hotel Offers’ menu above.
Radisson Rewards is not currently running a global bonus points promotion.
Radisson Rewards has launched a new promotion, and I’m delighted to say that it is already our clear winner for ‘simplest hotel promotion of the year’.
You will receive 5,000 bonus Radisson Rewards points on every stay before 31st December 2020.
It covers stays at all hotels in the following brands:
- Radisson Collection
- Radisson Blu
- Radisson RED
- Park Plaza
- Park Inn by Radisson
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson
Here’s what Radisson isn’t doing:
- they are NOT excluding your first stay after registration
- they are NOT excluding any countries or brands
- they are NOT closing registration early
- they are NOT excluding existing bookings
- they are NOT restricting it to cash stays – reward nights count too!
- they are NOT making it a one-off bonus – you can earn it 30 times!
The one and only thing you need to do to ensure you get your 5,000 bonus points per stay is to register via this link and book direct. Once registered, you’re good for the rest of 2020.
What are 5,000 Radisson Rewards points worth?
I value a Radisson point at 0.33p.
Their top redemption price for a standard room is 70,000 points, which would convert to £233 under this valuation. That’s fair for a 5-stay in a top global city. The valuation also tends to hold at midscale and budget properties.
This means that your 5,000 bonus points per stay are worth £16.66. This is an EXCELLENT return, especially at cheaper hotels and on one-night stays.
You also receive your base points, of course. Radisson Rewards has arguably the most generous base earning rate in the business, at 20 points per $1. If you have status (and Amex Platinum cardholders get free Radisson Rewards Gold membership) you earn even more.
Let’s look at a £75 stay at a UK Park Inn hotel. £75 less VAT is £62.50 ($80). You would earn ($80 x 20 + 5000) 6,600 points from the stay, which I’d value at £21.75. That’s a 29% rebate on your spending. If you can reclaim the VAT – admittedly most of you can’t – the rebate jumps to 35%.
Do I really get 5,000 bonus points on reward stays too?
Yes. It is clearly stated on the registration website. It also applies to ‘points and money’ stays.
This means you’re effectively getting a 5,000 point discount on each reward stay.
Don’t forget to register for the 5,000 bonus points offer via this link.
How to earn Radisson Rewards points from UK credit cards (May 2021)
Radisson Rewards does not have a dedicated UK credit card. However, you can earn Radisson Rewards points by converting Membership Rewards points earned from selected UK American Express cards. These include:
- American Express Preferred Rewards Gold (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 20,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 60,000 Radisson Rewards points. This card is FREE for your first year and also comes with two free airport lounge passes.
- The Platinum Card from American Express (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 30,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 90,000 Radisson Rewards points
- American Express Rewards credit card (review here, apply here) – sign-up bonus of 5,000 Membership Rewards points converts into 15,000 Radisson Rewards points. This card is FREE for life.
Membership Rewards points convert at 1:3 into Radisson Rewards points which is a very attractive rate. The cards above all earn 1 Membership Rewards point per £1 spent on your card, which converts to 3 Radisson Rewards points.
Even better, holders of The Platinum Card receive free Radisson Rewards Gold status for as long as they hold the card. It also comes with Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold and MeliaRewards Gold status. We reviewed American Express Platinum in detail here.
(Want to earn more hotel points? Click here to see our complete list of promotions from the major hotel chains or use the ‘Hotel Offers’ link in the menu bar at the top of the page.)