Maximise your Avios, air miles and hotel points

Radisson and Dorchester join the American Express hotel cashback party

We recently published a list of 19 hotel chains which are currently offering generous cashback deals to selected American Express cardholders. It turns out I missed Melia so it was actually 20!

Radisson has now joined in. If targetted, you will receive £50 cashback when you spend £150 across selected Radisson Blu / RED / Edwardian, Park Inn and Park Plaza hotels by 31st December.

£50 cashback at Radisson RED Heathrow

The list of participating hotels is here. It covers properties in the UK, Austria, Belgium, Finland, France, Germany, Netherlands, Spain and Sweden.

The new Radisson RED at Heathrow, pictured above, is included. Here is our recent review of Radisson RED Heathrow.

Remember that you need to opt in to this offer. If targetted, you will see it under the ‘Offers’ tab on your online statement page. Most reports so far are from holders of The Platinum Card.

Radisson is running a VERY generous promotion at the moment. Until 31st December, you receive 5,000 bonus Radisson Rewards points per stay, which I value at £17 (0.33p per point). Factor in the cashback and you could do very nicely here.

You MUST opt in for the 5,000 points offer which you can do here. Our full article on the Radisson 5,000 points deal is here.

Coworth Park £50 cashback

Dorchester Collection has joined in too

An offer from Dorchester Collection has also popped up. This is worth £50 back on £250 of spending.

Dorchester Collection covers, in the UK, The Dorchester, 45 Park Lane and country retreat Coworth Park, pictured above. The full global list is here.

If you are booking a Dorchester Collection property, I strongly recommend booking via our luxury hotel booking partner Emyr Thomas at Bon Vivant. He can access extra benefits for his clients at no extra cost compared to standard rates.

You pay on departure as usual – so the cashback is triggered – and Emyr does not charge any fees. You can contact him via this page of HfP.

Comments (22)

• Roger* says:

Participating Radisson hotels also include those in Luxembourg (cunningly shown as Netherlands) and Switzerland.

• tony says:

Just a datapoint but that Dorchester offer has been on my card for a couple of weeks. (I didn’t get the Marriott offer, however…)

• Andrew says:

I joined George Clooney and the rest of Hollywood and continue to avoid The Dorchester Collection.

• SammyJ says:

If the Radisson room rate is £147 and I spend the extra £3+ at the bar, would that count? Can’t work out from their online booking if it’s paid on booking or at check-out.

• MinR says:

Don’t see why not.
      ‘Offer valid on pre-paid bookings and checkout spend…’

That’s what I intend to do. The room rate for my booking was £144.

• Kai says:

Has to be one transaction, so make you don’t get charged until check-out.

• Kai says:

*make sure

• jil says:

usually amex hotel offers can be triggered by 2 transactions, anything indicates this one is different?

• Kai says:

Unless otherwise stated these offers are usually cumulative. But this one clearly says “an eligible transaction” in the description.

• Kai says:

Sorry just re-read the descriptions and I got it mixed up with the Edwardian offers! Yes this one can be multiple transactions but the Edwardian offers can’t.

• Riccatti says:

I bought SPG points allowance each year in full, and for each family member account.

With Marriott points, especially at ‘greedy’ devaluation in March 2020, when all properties of interest raised circa 30% due to change in categories up and peak pricing.

In these conditions it’s not possible to recoup points value, except for highly priced rooms 500-700-1000+.

• Rob says:

With all the Marriott promotion going on. Are we likely to see a transfer bonus from Amex anytime soon?

• jil says:

just received this: As an IHG® Rewards Club Premium Credit Card holder, we’re lucky to have you, and to say thank you, we’re giving you an exclusive 5,000 Bonus Points when you stay at an IHG hotel between 1 Nov and 15 Dec 2020.

• Notinthesun says:

OT: Curve
    I have a curve metal business card with a decent annual limit. I use it to pay HMRC in the main and topping up a savings account. My understanding is that HMRC are about to charge for using a business debit card. Curve have said they will move me to a personal card but I just wanted to check that i) A personal metal curve card can be used to pay HMRC and ii) my annual limit is likely to be transferred over. Many thanks!

• memesweeper says: